• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
I know this isnt the right place for this but as its been mentioned........ I nearly went for this until i actually delved into it and basically (someone correct me if I'm wrong) but you get an Exclusive spec based upon a Handgrade model with a choice of H/G last and one colour choice all for £490 (£570 inc Trees) which is at least a £100 upcharge on Exclusive pricing????
For not that much more than that I did a MTO Handgrade order, my choice of shoe, my choice of colour, my choice of last and my choice of various additions (toe tap personalisation etc etc) including lasted trees all to HANDGRADE spec !! IMHO i cant see what all the fuss is about, being charged at least £100 for what is still an exclusive spec shoe. Seems like the SF Group think ( well at least 6 per make up) strikes again !!!!
peepwall[1].gif
puzzled.gif

Exactly. It's not the only one I've seen on here (my posts pointing out the false economy of another "SF Special" were deleted!). But that's exactly how I saw it: hand-grade price, no real options, and standard bench grade quality. Basically, it's a special edition of sorts, at a premium price.

But just to get us back around to the thread's subject: from Vass, that same amount would get you a cordovan shoe with your choice of colour and last, no extra charge for toe taps (£25 for that?!), including trees and shipping.

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
I totally agree with the post above, but Vass does charge £20 for toe tips.

Disappointed to hear that, it seems so petty don't you think? Still, their VAT is seven per cent more, and they're still charging twenty per cent less, so that's something!

Any plans for new stock, Tom? I should have taken your offer last time...

Notch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mimo, I have contacted you by PM with a link to my website, if you give me your email address I can send you my current stock list. I'm not the same Tom who did a proxy from Budapest some years ago though :).

Lavazza

Reaction score
If i'm not mistake, they are approximately 540 euros. I'm planning to order one myself in antique cognac and add a compartment for my Ipad. I forgot to ask if they make it using shell cordovan.

Lavazza, they are called French Oxford ankle boots. Mine is dark brown with dark brown suede uppers. Lovely. They also have one in navy with scotchgrain navy uppers.

I meant in the first picture.

styless

Reaction score
Ordered a single monk but received the pair below instead. Was thinking of returning it first, but now looking for excuse to keep it.
U last in Oxblood

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had to deal with some mistakes but from a monk to a wholecut is like a bit extreme. Nice shoe though

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
They probably just make you whatever they're in the mood for that day so it doesn't matter what you order. If they feel like making a u lasted lace up that's what you will get.

Last edited:

sdolina

Reaction score
I've had to deal with some mistakes but from a monk to a wholecut is like a bit extreme.

You guys have frightened me a bit, I even asked Rezso to send me a pic of the real boot prior to shipping. Don't want to receive the calf loafers instead of the shell boots.

Fiddler

Reaction score
Ordered a single monk but received the pair below instead. Was thinking of returning it first, but now looking for excuse to keep it.
U last in Oxblood

Wow....WTF!

Nice looking shoes or not, that's pretty inexcusable....some other customer might have your monks.

I ordered a loafer in Whiskey Shell on the P2 Last. If they send me a Norweger just because they feel like it, they will need to cough up a full refund and take their stuff back.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads