• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hysteria

Reaction score
My most recent order for Vass F-last Chukka's just came in.

I had previously ordered fitters in the same size to test and then ordered this pair. It was a 2-eylet version with dainite sole. I returned the fitters and ordered the same size in the 3-eyelet version in leather sole with topy, taps and trees. The fitters had rubber soles and didn't come with trees and I'm not a fan of dainite soles, so I decided to take the gamble and opt for the exact configuration I wanted in 3-eyelt instead of 2, leather soles, topy, taps, trees - same size.

As you can see from the photos, it seems like there's a massive difference in how the two fit WRT the instep...
The 2-eyelet fitters were great, and would not have required the instep to be lowered at all. But, the final version (3-eyelet) seems to have a much higher instep and much more flaring of the ankles.

I guess this is the Vass charm after all...which is extremely disappoint b/c the diff is huge and this is my first (and probably last order with Vass). Considering Vass's slow response, I had to correspond with them for months and then of course pay for the shipping on fitters (which they suggested I opt for to be confident in sizing) and return shipping. Despite all that effort, it's frustrating to end up with a pair that deviates so much.

I'm definitely going to email them back to let them know about it. Prob will get some bs about how the fit is expected to be diff b/c this is 3-eyelet, which is bs.

But, I need some sort of concession on this. It's been a long wait, but the discrepancy seems too big

Looking for some constructive input on how to deal with this.

IMG_1366.jpeg

IMG_1367.jpeg

IMG_1369.jpeg

IMG_2006.jpeg

IMG_2007.jpeg

IMG_2008.jpeg

emptym

Reaction score
^Vass makes, or made, a third type of chukka, with the rounded quarters of the 2-eyelet model you show above and three eyelets. It also has a notch in the back.

Here's a pic:
IMG_2735.jpeg

I just tried mine on, and there's no gap up top. Maybe they could make you a pair of those. I haven't seen them on the website for a while though, and no idea if it'd fix the arch problem. But imo, it's the best design of the three.

While I'm posting pics, here's one of another rare model, a Venetian called the Slipper IV:
IMG_2728.jpeg

I just got it on clearance. Acc to the website, it was a sample made for some store. The dark blue is very subtle. Just looks like black in all but bright sunlight. Still one in 42 on the Vass site.

acconrad

Reaction score
Anyone having trouble reaching customer service? I emailed them 2 weeks ago and silence. Tried again on Monday and still nothing.
Are they typically slow to respond?

boilerMN2005

Reaction score
Anyone having trouble reaching customer service? I emailed them 2 weeks ago and silence. Tried again on Monday and still nothing.
Are they typically slow to respond?
Same experience. I want to say, “I’m just trying to spend money at full price so you don’t have to have sales at 50%” as I’ve read they have offered. Been 2 weeks, at least. Losing interest…

ACLC

Reaction score
Same experience. I want to say, “I’m just trying to spend money at full price so you don’t have to have sales at 50%” as I’ve read they have offered. Been 2 weeks, at least. Losing interest…

Yea, they're slow to respond as they're quite backed up apparently. I believe you would have received an auto reply saying to reach out to them again if you don't hear from them within 14 days, unless it's an emergency.

ACLC

Reaction score
My most recent order for Vass F-last Chukka's just came in.

I had previously ordered fitters in the same size to test and then ordered this pair. It was a 2-eylet version with dainite sole. I returned the fitters and ordered the same size in the 3-eyelet version in leather sole with topy, taps and trees. The fitters had rubber soles and didn't come with trees and I'm not a fan of dainite soles, so I decided to take the gamble and opt for the exact configuration I wanted in 3-eyelt instead of 2, leather soles, topy, taps, trees - same size.

As you can see from the photos, it seems like there's a massive difference in how the two fit WRT the instep...
The 2-eyelet fitters were great, and would not have required the instep to be lowered at all. But, the final version (3-eyelet) seems to have a much higher instep and much more flaring of the ankles.

I guess this is the Vass charm after all...which is extremely disappoint b/c the diff is huge and this is my first (and probably last order with Vass). Considering Vass's slow response, I had to correspond with them for months and then of course pay for the shipping on fitters (which they suggested I opt for to be confident in sizing) and return shipping. Despite all that effort, it's frustrating to end up with a pair that deviates so much.

I'm definitely going to email them back to let them know about it. Prob will get some bs about how the fit is expected to be diff b/c this is 3-eyelet, which is bs.

But, I need some sort of concession on this. It's been a long wait, but the discrepancy seems too big

Looking for some constructive input on how to deal with this.

View attachment 1856351
View attachment 1856352
View attachment 1856353

View attachment 1856354

View attachment 1856355

View attachment 1856356

You should definitely reach out to them and see what they can do for you. I've had nothing but good experience with their customer service, albeit the slow response times

boilerMN2005

Reaction score
Yea, they're slow to respond as they're quite backed up apparently. I believe you would have received an auto reply saying to reach out to them again if you don't hear from them within 14 days, unless it's an emergency.
Thank you for the input! I simply want sizing advice so I can purchase. If I order based on
Beautiful!

boilerMN2005

Reaction score
You can try asking your question here too and you may get some helpful advice
Thanks, ACLC! I'm a 12D in US / 11E in UK. I am curious if in Vass if that really is a 45? I'm very interested in the Budapest 3636 like posted above and the Slipper F. Loafers/slippers and lace ups can be different so curious if their fitting for a 12D/11E UK is consistent among the different lasts from laces to slippers!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads