• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thought to be more conservative today and wore black shoes:
33866195261_0d3f7038b1_z.jpg
In regards to the discussion above about order accuracies, I tend to be quite simple in my style so errors are minimized. The above shoe is an example: -Black boxcalf uppers -Single leather sole -SP last -Size 39.5
Great SPs! How do you find they fit and size relative to other lasts? I had a U last monk that was the right length and width, but the big toes veered in too sharply, making them painful. I'm wondering if SP would work better for me (long big toes)

Last edited:

varsityreds0123

Reaction score
Hi all. Looking for some sizing information before placing my first Vass order.

I am looking at ordering the F last, and I wear a 7.5UK in the Carmina Rain, which is a snug fit.

Would it is be advisable to order a 41.5 or a 42 in the F last? I am told the Rain is a tad roomier than the Vass F.

Thanks to all.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am looking at ordering the F last, and I wear a 7.5UK in the Carmina Rain, which is a snug fit. 

Would it is be advisable to order a 41.5 or a 42 in the F last? I am told the Rain is a tad roomier than the Vass F.

Thanks to all.

In my opinion, I would not go bigger than the 41.5

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great SPs! How do you find they fit and size relative to other lasts?

I had a U last monk that was the right length and width, but the big toes veered in too sharply, making them painful. I'm wondering if SP would work better for me (long big toes)

I got the same size as F. It's definitely a longer last. Fits like a G&G TG73 in length. It's not the best fit but not bad for a wholecut. The U was great but the instep was high. I might try a modified U with a lower last next time.

Hopefully the extra length will help with toe space!

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I got the same size as F. It's definitely a longer last. Fits like a G&G TG73 in length. It's not the best fit but not bad for a wholecut. The U was great but the instep was high. I might try a modified U with a lower last next time.

Hopefully the extra length will help with toe space!

Thanks man.

I actually feel like F is way more roomy all around than U in the same size.

I don't own any GG sadly. :(

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone have photos to post to get an idea for a dark brown suede shoe? I need ideas. Will take F last.

danielyam

Reaction score
Does anyone here have a comparative photo between he new walnut museum calf against the normal antique cognac calf?

jssdc

Reaction score

Thanks to all.

I agree with @Notch on this one. I have Rains in 8.5 which is reasonably comfortable and F in 42.5 and I'm kind of swimming (may sell them and have them remade as a 42, or even 41.5, as a result). Both are Oxfords.

jssdc

Reaction score

i only own a pair of cap toes in black calf, this is my only quality shoe as we speak. What shoe would you recommend me to go for as my second pair? 
derby or oxford brogue in dark calf?
living in a cold country

thanks

I would think about OE2's in Oxblood. Can be worn with the wardrobe choices you mention elsewhere or with suits. Another choice would be Budapest Oxfords, also in Oxblood.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with @Notch on this one. I have Rains in 8.5 which is reasonably comfortable and F in 42.5 and I'm kind of swimming (may sell them and have them remade as a 42, or even 41.5, as a result). Both are Oxfords.
I'm in the same exact boat, unfortunately. I'm a 7 UK in all my shoes including Carmina Rain, EB 946 and Carlos Santos 358. I got a size 41 Oxblood Austerity Brogue in the F last and they're way too big for me. They're too wide and there's also no gap between the laces whatsoever, and I always thought that my insteps were slightly on the high end. I inserted some pads in them and they've made no difference. Sadly, I'm going to have to put them up for sale.

I love the look of the F last and want to give it another go but I don't know if I should go 40 or 40.5. Thoughts?

Meyboom

Reaction score
This just shows how difficult fitting advise is, it all depends on the shape of one's feet. I wear 8 uk in carmina rain last and 42 eu in vass f last. Vass fits me better because of the tighter waist and heel. I have a really high instep and f last accomodates it well (I still have some gap between the laces).

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Last and make up?

Thanks! They look great

P2 size 43.5 H (extra wide) in red brown suede with 270 goyser. Glad you like it! Reminded me I need to wear them soon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads