The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Jul 24, 2009.

1. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

More Vass photographs: Vass Paris, Bordeaux shell cordovan, F last; Vass Old English; antique cognac shell cordovan, F last; Vass Budapest U tip, Bordeaux shell cordovan, F last; and Vass single strap monk with floating medallion, oxblood boxcalf, U last. All with double soles going to single at the waist.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- B

2. forex

forex Senior member

Vox,nice to see worn shoes.You must have the highest number of Vass shoes on SF,well apart from aportnoy.But no chukkas?

3. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

Vox,nice to see worn shoes.You must have the highest number of Vass shoes on SF,well apart from aportnoy.But no chukkas?

I think that title would go to von Rothbart or kolecho.

Couple U-last chukkas would be nice...damn...

- B

4. kolecho

kolecho Senior member

I think that title would go to von Rothbart or kolecho.

Couple U-last chukkas would be nice...damn...

- B

There are some other big-timers Vash-ing around here.

5. ranker

ranker Senior member

Does anyone know what an EU41 on the U-Last corresponds to in US sizes? I purchased two pairs of 41's and I'm hoping they fit my size 8 feet. Should I start preparing B&S threads or will I be good to go?

6. Pezzaturra

Pezzaturra Senior member

Does anyone know what an EU41 on the U-Last corresponds to in US sizes? I purchased two pairs of 41's and I'm hoping they fit my size 8 feet. Should I start preparing B&S threads or will I be good to go?

You will be just fine as long as you don't have wide or large volume feet.

7. srivats

srivats Senior member

More Vass photographs: Vass Paris, Bordeaux shell cordovan, F last; Vass Old English; antique cognac shell cordovan, F last; Vass Budapest U tip, Bordeaux shell cordovan, F last; and Vass single strap monk with floating medallion, oxblood boxcalf, U last. All with double soles going to single at the waist.
    [​IMG]

Outstanding collection and very nice to see them all together. The u-tip above is one of my all-time favourite shoes that I have seen on SF.

8. ranker

ranker Senior member

Can someone explain to me the differences between the F last and the U last? I've purchased a pair of oxfords and chukka's in the U last. They fit me well enough. However, I'm wondering if such a fit would change and in what manner for the F last.

9. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    - B

I love these.

10. H2T

H2T Well-Known Member

Here are some of my Vass pron collection, having handled several hundred pairs..... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Is the second last boot a cordovan?

11. H2T

H2T Well-Known Member

Is the second last boot a cordovan?

12. ranker

ranker Senior member

Quick question to F-last shoe owners. What's the difference in fit between the F last and U last? With the U last, my heel slips ever so slightly due to the slightly too large instep. I'm wondering if the F last will solve my problems.

13. plotter

plotter Senior member

F last is wider and in my experience, a low instep. U is the opposite in traits, narrower, higher instep.

14. meister

meister Senior member

When I see Kolecho's collection I can only dream and wonder why so many negative comments re Vass[​IMG]

15. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

When I see Kolecho's collection I can only dream and wonder why so many negative comments re Vass[​IMG]
    - negative comments are about a bad experience with ordering from a certain SFer..