• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CloudLi

Reaction score
I've never been a fan of loafers, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. My CM-casual footwear of choice are derbies, chukkas and work boots.

No "real" dress boots yet, unfortunately. Nobody carries Enzo Bonafe in the city. :(

Send an e-mail to Leatherfoot instead. I imagine you'd get a response. Otherwise, Novelty Shoe Repair, as per Allen.

No need for this to be in a separate thread, methinks.

It does take a tad bit of extra time to put on and take off boots, but a shoe horn quickens the process. One of my boots has a pull tab, which helps. Do you use a longer or shorter shoe horn?

I usually wear boots during the winter. When walking outside in the wintertime, I prefer to have my boots deal with the salt, slush and snow instead of my lace-up shoes.
I use long horn at home, keep a short horn at office. Horn get my feet into the boots, then I have to pull on the back pull tab and tongue to get my heel in place. I only wear boots when I know I am going to take a long walk outside. If just a short walk to the car or subway, a regular lace-up will do.

Spex

Reaction score
I only have 1 pair of loafers, but I do own 4 pairs of nicer leather boots (balmoral boots, chukkas, chealsea and split-toe). Only 2 pairs of lace up leather shoes, but that's all I really need at the moment.

CloudLi

Reaction score
Speaking of boots, just picked up my Skoak order from Canada post. Got hit with both tax and duty. I thought EU goods are exempted for duty now?
Don't pick up your shoes. At the counter, ask for an appeal. They will send it back to CBSA. They may or may not call you. Last time, I got hit on $200ish, asked for an appeal, they did not call but the shoes returned to me in two weeks duty and tax free

Add: Now Fedex and UPS may become better choices as their appeal process is much faster than Canada Post. But you cannot avoid sales tax

Last edited:

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't pick up your shoes. At the counter, ask for an appeal. They will send it back to CBSA. They may or may not call you. Last time, I got hit on $200ish, asked for an appeal, they did not call but the shoes returned to me in two weeks duty and tax free

Add: Now Fedex and UPS may become better choices as their appeal process is much faster than Canada Post. But you cannot avoid sales tax
Would you mind elaborate on the appeal part?
I have experience in buying stuff from EU/ US, and dealt with FEDEX and Canada Post both, if my stuff is subject to duties and taxes, they usually ask me if I want to pay or I want to reject the item, how do I appeal?

Suffered a lot from this lol, would love to know how to avoid.

Thanks

zinc2162

Reaction score

Too late. I have already picked it up. :confused2:. The back of the form has information about claiming refund. I will give that a try.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your fine.... Rip off the CBSA form from the box and google how to get your duty back.
It’s pretty easy, a 1-2 page doc and copy of the invoice, you’ll hear back from them likely in a month or 2.

goatamous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a clothing deal, but since we typically get screwed on Telecom here in Ontario, here's a PSA of the day. Happy Friday!
we're at a rare point where telecom companies are fighting and pricing is ridiculously cheap (for Ontario...)

Rogers
$40 4gb UNL Canada wide talk and text
$50 6gb UNL Canada wide talk and text

Koodo
$60 10gb UNL Canada wide talk and text

Allen Dreadmon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never been a fan of loafers, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. My CM-casual footwear of choice are derbies, chukkas and work boots.

No "real" dress boots yet, unfortunately. Nobody carries Enzo Bonafe in the city. :(

Send an e-mail to Leatherfoot instead. I imagine you'd get a response. Otherwise, Novelty Shoe Repair, as per Allen.

No need for this to be in a separate thread, methinks.

It does take a tad bit of extra time to put on and take off boots, but a shoe horn quickens the process. One of my boots has a pull tab, which helps. Do you use a longer or shorter shoe horn?

I usually wear boots during the winter. When walking outside in the wintertime, I prefer to have my boots deal with the salt, slush and snow instead of my lace-up shoes.

Just curious, why are you limiting yourself to Enzo? Do you have a high instep?

burgerkong

Reaction score
Not a clothing deal, but since we typically get screwed on Telecom here in Ontario, here's a PSA of the day. Happy Friday!
we're at a rare point where telecom companies are fighting and pricing is ridiculously cheap (for Ontario...)

Rogers
$40 4gb UNL Canada wide talk and text
$50 6gb UNL Canada wide talk and text

Koodo
$60 10gb UNL Canada wide talk and text

Saw that on RFD yesterday, gave it a try for my mother, didn't work as she was post paid. My coworker got it though.

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just curious, why are you limiting yourself to Enzo? Do you have a high instep?

I suspect I do. I normally go 7.5D in dress shoes, but I'm 7.75 in one foot and 7.25 in the other. Depending on the last, I have to size down by 1/2. I have a pair of Allen Edmonds oxfords that I don't wear anymore: I was sized at AE's flagship in NYC and purchased them there, but my heel started to slip after they broke in. (Which reminds me, I have to put those up on the Buy and Sell forum...)

Because of this, I try to avoid buying dress shoes if I haven't tried them on. I'm true to size for J Fitzpatrick, John Lobb and Alden, while I need to go a half size down for Saint Crispin's, Corthay's Pullman last and possibly Carmina's Simpson last.

I wouldn't say that I'm limiting myself (a J Fitzpatrick or Vass shoe would be nice too, as would the Edward Green Shannon), but why Enzo? I really like their stuff, particularly their button boots. It's one of my holy grails for footwear - but it's hard to justify right now, as I seldom wear dress shoes/boots.

CloudLi

Reaction score
Would you mind elaborate on the appeal part?
I have experience in buying stuff from EU/ US, and dealt with FEDEX and Canada Post both, if my stuff is subject to duties and taxes, they usually ask me if I want to pay or I want to reject the item, how do I appeal?

Suffered a lot from this lol, would love to know how to avoid.

Thanks
Nothing to elaborate. Just ask for an appeal and they will send it back. All you need to do is waiting for them to call and ask for information. Or they do not call, just remove duty and deliver it back to you. But the waiting time is long. For FedEx or other courier, I believe you just call them before delivery and they will contact CBSA themselves so nothing on your part

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing to elaborate. Just ask for an appeal and they will send it back. All you need to do is waiting for them to call and ask for information. Or they do not call, just remove duty and deliver it back to you. But the waiting time is long. For FedEx or other courier, I believe you just call them before delivery and they will contact CBSA themselves so nothing on your part
Got ya, thanks man.

Allen Dreadmon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suspect I do. I normally go 7.5D in dress shoes, but I'm 7.75 in one foot and 7.25 in the other. Depending on the last, I have to size down by 1/2. I have a pair of Allen Edmonds oxfords that I don't wear anymore: I was sized at AE's flagship in NYC and purchased them there, but my heel started to slip after they broke in. (Which reminds me, I have to put those up on the Buy and Sell forum...)

Because of this, I try to avoid buying dress shoes if I haven't tried them on. I'm true to size for J Fitzpatrick, John Lobb and Alden, while I need to go a half size down for Saint Crispin's, Corthay's Pullman last and possibly Carmina's Simpson last.

I wouldn't say that I'm limiting myself (a J Fitzpatrick or Vass shoe would be nice too, as would the Edward Green Shannon), but why Enzo? I really like their stuff, particularly their button boots. It's one of my holy grails for footwear - but it's hard to justify right now, as I seldom wear dress shoes/boots.

Hmm..I get heel slip as well but I have a low instep. I guess heel slip doesn't discriminate!

Man, I do love their button boots, but I have never considered Enzo due to my low instep. I use tongue pads even with lasts known to have a regular instep.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same. Enzo for that reason alone would never work for me. If I were to order Enzo I would do an mto through solegarb and have a last adjustment for my low instep

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads