• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Top 10 Cars for Douchebags

Prince

Reaction score
Originally Posted by joeygladstone
scion or used M3

I beg to differ.

History_M3_E30_5.jpg

BMW_M3-E36_6.jpg

When BMW's where still BMW's.

montyharding

Reaction score
The problem is of course that a top 10 just isn't inclusive enough for douchebag cars. I like the list - it tracks fairly closely to what I'd put together.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
There must be a specific demographic that one must associate with driving this car to qualify as being DB. My uncle has a new C-class. He is certainly not a douchebag. He is an immigrant. Yes, he cannot afford a "full-size" Mercedez, but he's worked hard all his life, and I think he should be driving a car that is nicer than a camry.

Yes, the demographic I refer to is typically defined by the fact that they live in Scottsdale, AZ or at least spend a lot of time in Scottsdale nightclubs
smile.gif

athletics

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
Sorry Audiophilia - BMW should be #1, or at the lowest #2, on this list.

Also, where is the Mercedes C Class? Especially, the "sporty" version with the big star in the grill. Says "I can't actually afford a full-size Mercedes, but I got a great lease on this one!"

I have been a C Class owner since 2006 and I really like it. I try and avoid DB behavior at all costs so I bought my car, no lease. Atlanta is crawling with BMW's on lease and certainly have a high DB factor. Even the Beemer salesmen wreaked of DB.

The new C Class exterior is growing on me, but I think they messed up the interior. But still, much more stomachable than the Beemer interior.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned:
Roush_Tuned_Chevy_Silverado_22363_20080202..jpg
Usually has racing stripes, as shown in the above photo. May or may not had light-bar rear turn signals, naked women decals or a huge banner of some sort in the rear window, lifted suspension and chrome rims. This seems to be the automobile of choice for douchbags and assholes alike. Well, in Minnesota anyway.

greg_atlanta

Reaction score
Infiniti G37 coupe is kinda douchey. Convertible coming soon!

Lexus IS will have a convertible too, that will be super douchey (at least with smaller engine).

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing touches the BMW. I think this started with the whole yuppie movement in the 1980s which started the whole douchebaggery movement that you see today. Now, even while there are some people who buy them to drive them, they have become more the symbol of showing the world that "I've made it" even as they have become more readily available to the masses.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by visionology
Nothing touches the BMW. I think this started with the whole yuppie movement in the 1980s which started the whole douchebaggery movement that you see today. Now, even while there are some people who buy them to drive them, they have become more the symbol of showing the world that "I've made it" even as they have become more readily available to the masses.

i was thinking of getting a new m3. any other suggestions as to what I could drive to show I've made it? (I'm being serious, and joking at the same time)

bkk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoeWoah
Anyone watch Top Gear? If you do than you know that only cocks (douchebags in 'merica talk) drive Audi's.

That's been a recent shift from BMWs. There's a hilarious moment where Clarkson dresses up as a typical BMW driver while driving the latest M3. It consisted of a loud shirt, Oakley sunglasses, and a bluetooth ear piece. It was when they did the M3/RS4/C63 shootout in Spain.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cars has to be one of the most common items for people who don't know anything about cars to comment on. It drives me nuts since I actually know about cars. Just imagine if you heard someone at a store recommending a black suit for daily business wear. This is what it's like for me when I see marsupials like this insulting cars like the M3, Miata, Boxter, etc.

If they actually took a moment to read about or drive one of these vehicles they would have a different opinion. Even better if they took a moment and actually WORKED on a car.

SystemShock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LVoer
Cars has to be one of the most common items for people who don't know anything about cars to comment on. It drives me nuts since I actually know about cars. Just imagine if you heard someone at a store recommending a black suit for daily business wear. This is what it's like for me when I see marsupials like this insulting cars like the M3, Miata, Boxter, etc.
They're not insulting the cars. Rather, the kind of ppl who tend to drive them. --

Lucky7

Reaction score
Spike hit the nail on the head with this one. I do agree with a few members that the Escalade should be added to the list. The Prius ranks up there in my book. I get so fed up seeing Prius's with Obama bumper stickers, hemp wearing, fake hippie D-BAGS driving them. But then again that may be better than the popped collar, blowout haircut donning, Infiniti G35 coupe driving D-BAG species.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i've rarely met a Porsche driver who wasn't a complete asshole. cayenne drivers are next level assholes.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
i've rarely met a Porsche driver who wasn't a complete asshole. cayenne drivers are next level assholes.
+1
(Says the hemp-wearing REAL hippie driving the "sporty" C-class)
confused.gif

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GMC Yukon needs to be on there...list is pretty horrible. I'll agree with the Prius, 3-Series, H2 and the Boxter.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads