The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by emptym, Sep 14, 2011.

1. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

And remember, you would need at LEAST 3 fittings after being measured to be properly suited up IMO.

2. chrisphr

chrisphr Member

I have heard that, unfortunately only was passing through for the day. Did measurements, then used a shell to tune in the fit best that could be done in one day. Figured that would get me close enough to have a local tailor make some finishing tweaks. We'll see. FullSizeRender.jpg

3. FlimFlam85

FlimFlam85 New Member

I'm back with a second version of Luxire pants. Aloysius16's advice to increase the rear rise at crotch was very helpful.

Here are the changes I made from the first version:
    • Decrease waist by 0.25"
    • Increase hip by 0.25"
    • Increase front rise at crotch by 0.25"
    • Increase back rise at crotch by 0.50"
    • Decrease inseam at crotch by 0.25"
    • Increase upper thigh by 0.25"
    • Decrease front and back rise at waist by 0.5"
    • Decrease outseam at waist by 0.5"
    Attached is the resulting pair. These are already the best-fitting pair of trousers I own and definitely feel like I'm working towards an even better fit.

For the next version, I'm thinking I need to increase the inseam by 0.5" and increase the rear rise at crotch a tad ~0.25"... But am at a loss for how to clean up the bunching at the seat. Luxire advised we "scoop the seat a bit to ease the issue." Was wondering if I should also shorten the rear rise to somehow pull-up the back (which helps alleviate some of the folding when I do it myself) to offset my hip's forward tilt? Any suggestions would be really appreciated!

IMG_20170621_144829.jpg

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017 at 7:57 AM