The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by emptym, Sep 14, 2011.

1. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

And remember, you would need at LEAST 3 fittings after being measured to be properly suited up IMO.

2. chrisphr

chrisphr Member

I have heard that, unfortunately only was passing through for the day. Did measurements, then used a shell to tune in the fit best that could be done in one day. Figured that would get me close enough to have a local tailor make some finishing tweaks. We'll see. FullSizeRender.jpg

3. FlimFlam85

FlimFlam85 New Member

I'm back with a second version of Luxire pants. Aloysius16's advice to increase the rear rise at crotch was very helpful.

Here are the changes I made from the first version:
    • Decrease waist by 0.25"
    • Increase hip by 0.25"
    • Increase front rise at crotch by 0.25"
    • Increase back rise at crotch by 0.50"
    • Decrease inseam at crotch by 0.25"
    • Increase upper thigh by 0.25"
    • Decrease front and back rise at waist by 0.5"
    • Decrease outseam at waist by 0.5"
    Attached is the resulting pair. These are already the best-fitting pair of trousers I own and definitely feel like I'm working towards an even better fit.

For the next version, I'm thinking I need to increase the inseam by 0.5" and increase the rear rise at crotch a tad ~0.25"... But am at a loss for how to clean up the bunching at the seat. Luxire advised we "scoop the seat a bit to ease the issue." Was wondering if I should also shorten the rear rise to somehow pull-up the back (which helps alleviate some of the folding when I do it myself) to offset my hip's forward tilt? Any suggestions would be really appreciated!

IMG_20170621_144829.jpg

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017 at 7:57 AM
  4. stifler

stifler Senior member

Hello Gentleman,

I'm thinking of buying this coat from NM, but I'm not a fan of ticket pockets. Would it be possible to close a ticket pocket? I'm thinking a reweaver can just close the ticket pocket with the flap that would have to be removed to get rid of said ticket pocket (there is definitely enough fabric for that). I've searched for this on the forum, but haven't gotten a definitive reply. Here is the coat in question:

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Neiman-...d%3D200831&eItemId=prod191600107&cmCat=search

Thank you gentlemen!