• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The STUNNING new Ralph Lauren *Women's* store - (and the revamped Men's) in NYC

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's rare (read: never happened) that I enter a store and it makes me want to write an online review of it. But such IS the case with the new Ralph Lauren Women's store at 888 Madison Avenue in New York City. The French Style Beaux Arts building is a masterpiece of visual work on the outside. Inside, the combination of design and stunning clothing is breathtaking. There should be a cover charge to get in - as it is a museum of style. On the fun side, many of the potential customers have their dogs with them. It's now apparently a stop on the Upper-East-Side walk with your dog. But the finely coiffed puppies (Their pedigrees garnering them $3,000 a piece prices, their haircuts probably $80) are part of the show. I was mauled by a giant black poodle. I hope I didn't get him dirty. A few photos that don't do it justice are here: http://www.vogue.com/vogue-daily/art...-avenue-store/ The store opened one week ago with a small ceremony with Ralph and Emperor Bloomberg. The clothes are beautiful. Meanwhile, across the street at the Ralph Lauren Mansion (it's sort of like New York's version of the his and her Taj Majals) - the store is in much better shape for men than it was before the changeover. There is now a Black floor, a Double RL floor, and the "usual" Purple Label area. The Home Store is now in the Women's shop across the street. Appropriate shoes are on their appropriate floors. The result is more space.. and a much better men's "experience" (I loathe that word). The sales people were out in full force today (Saturday) seemingly much more cordial than in the past. Whether that is from an official edict or because the store or environment is now nicer I don't know. I've always recommend folks visit the mansion... but now seeing the Women's store is a MUST for anyone who appreciates style of this nature. It was truly breathtaking.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
img-ralph-lauren_001849482069.jpg_article_gallery_slideshow_v2.jpg
Ralph would get torn apart in a suit fit critique thread. Shoulders are ridiculous!

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
^^

why is RL wearing a zoot suit?
confused.gif

Wait...RL is MBreinin....MBreinin is RL!!!

einhorncover.jpg

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bellyhungry
Note to self: extra wide shouldered suit is in....

Looks like he's wearing the jacket from this gangster Halloween costume:

Gangster%20Suit%20Plus%20Size%20Costume.detail.jpg

As one person whose picture showed up in Google Images elonquently put it:

Zoot-Suit-Riots-wallpaper.jpg

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can say all you want about how he looks but here is the fact; he is a billionaire and one of the biggest and more influential people in pop-culture, you are not.

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jamesbond
There are a lot of billionaires that dress like **** and this is a clothing forum so what's your point?

He is successful. So many idiots on here make comments about how designers dress, yet they themselves could never get a fashion brand off the ground.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaoloM
You can say all you want about how he looks but here is the fact; he is a billionaire and one of the biggest and more influential people in pop-culture, you are not.

+1. My first reaction to all the haters. This is suppose to be a positive thread about the great new look of the Mansion. People who can't even dress themselves are compelled to slam the man himself. Whatevs.

Originally Posted by jamesbond
There are a lot of billionaires that dress like **** and this is a clothing forum so what's your point?

Point is, many of the commenters on SF are amateurs and likely can't dress themselves so they're not ones to talk.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RL, especially RLPL, always has an element of the fantastic in the designs, and Ralph himself is usually wearing what is on the edge, or just beyond the edge of that.

~ H

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
+1. My first reaction to all the haters. This is suppose to be a positive thread about the great new look of the Mansion. People who can't even dress themselves are compelled to slam the man himself. Whatevs.

Point is, many of the commenters on SF are amateurs and likely can't dress themselves so they're not ones to talk.

I've got no problem with what RL chooses to wear but to justify that it doesn't matter what he looks like because he's a billionaire is ridiculous.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do agree that if I am a gazilion-aire, I probably don't care what and how I dress.

Here's another RL's look:

RalphLauren-01.jpg

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow , that is a hideous suit to add to all those hideous urban-cowboy outfits he is so fond of.
Just goes to show you that being merchandiser is quite different from being a designer and knowing how to dress people elegantly and with eye to proportions.
Extra point deducted by wearing striped suit with a striped shirt. Fo fuk's sake...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads