• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The STUNNING new Ralph Lauren *Women's* store - (and the revamped Men's) in NYC

bjornb17

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
img-ralph-lauren_001849482069.jpg_article_gallery_slideshow_v2.jpg

Ralph would get torn apart in a suit fit critique thread. Shoulders are ridiculous!

Reminds me of this:

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
RL is obviously the most successful "lifestyle" brand that has ever existed and they should probably teach a course on his business at all the business schools. He is also obviously immensely wealthy, most likely does not care what anyone thinks about him, is probably hung like a horse, an incredible philantropist, great family man, man want to be him, woman want to be with him etc etc etc. None of that takes away from the fact that he is wearing a horrible suit jacket. he is a man of small stature, probably about 5 4"-5 5" and about 120-130 pounds and those shoulders extend about 3-4 inches on each side and that contrast collar is doing no favors to his face, he is slowly becoming a caricture of his own brand. Why anyone needs to have sucessfuly launched a menswear brand to see this make very little sense to me. This is a clothing forum, we judge clothes based on pics. The Rubinacci's get hammered here regularly, along with other schmata people.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
You n00bs.

That's a Nutter/Sexton/Blade's shoulder. When RLPL was introduced, it was the line's hallmark in addition to luxurious fabrics and construction by Chester Barrie.

Sexton still cuts a moderated, refined bespoke version of it.

edwardsextonlegendarybespoketailorl.jpg

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
^^

Sexton's do not look as extended, and it makes it worse to me that RLPL missed the mark so badly if they are trying to do a Sexton/Nutter shoulder. If they can't get the head honcho right, what does that mean for Joe Schmo walking through the door?

I'm not going to argue with you there.

RL was getting a little stale back then and losing ground to the Italian makers. RLPL was his attempt to go for the higher dollar RTW market that the Italians were making, and he did so with a no holds barred SR look, with a lot of stuff liberally lifted from Blade's and Nutter. He seems to still like it although the balls were cut off of RLPL to make it competitive with the Italian look.

Those first two years, though, were really great.

- B

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I'm not going to argue with you there.

RL was getting a little stale back then and losing ground to the Italian makers. RLPL was his attempt to go for the higher dollar RTW market that the Italians were making, and he did so with a no holds barred SR look, with a lot of stuff liberally lifted from Blade's and Nutter. He seems to still like it although the balls were cut off of RLPL to make it competitive with the Italian look.

Those first two years, though, were really great.

- B

The answer is obvious, Sciamat for RLPL.

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would also note the pics we see of members here are when they are posing and expecting to be photographed for the reason of showing what they are wearing. Ralph, was receiving an award, he was too busy enjoying this moment and celebrating his accomplishments to pose for a photo for style forum

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
The answer is obvious, Sciamat for RLPL.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PaoloM
I would also note the pics we see of members here are when they are posing and expecting to be photographed for the reason of showing what they are wearing. Ralph, was receiving an award, he was too busy enjoying this moment and celebrating his accomplishments to pose for a photo for style forum

You're probably right. I wouldn't guess that Ralph Lauren would expect to be photographed at a public event.

- B

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, you can all go to the store and see it. I doubt he will be there when you are there. The store, the building, and the clothes are stunning.

He was given a key to the city, but my understanding is it was a relatively low key event. I would have expected a major party.

The staff/sales people are all dressed in black and white, too. If you have been in their headquarters, you'll feel a consistency of the black/gray that is there.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a full page ad for the woman's store in today's NYT featuring a young model in a 3 piece tailored suit promoting their MTM made in Italy woman's suits. San Andrea? Interesting. Sounds like something Rada should check out.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaoloM
You can say all you want about how he looks but here is the fact; he is a billionaire and one of the biggest and more influential people in pop-culture, you are not.
What's your point? All I said was that by StyleForum's standards, the fit of his suit is poor. Would you disagree with that statement? I didn't say I am a "bigger" or a "more influential" pop culture icon... (See Edmorel's comment)

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
You n00bs. That's a Nutter/Sexton/Blade's shoulder. When RLPL was introduced, it was the line's hallmark in addition to luxurious fabrics and construction by Chester Barrie.
RLPL inflates the size of the shoulders on some jackets to imitate a specific Savile row cut? Perhaps that explains why most RLPL jackets fit me in the chest, but not in the shoulders.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads