• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Salt will destroy pretty much any leather boot. I think that the best you can do is clean it off with a damp cloth until the spot stops coming back and then give the boots a good polish. The rough, raised area will most likely stay that way.

The only way around it is to get a pair of rubber bean boots or something similar.

Blog Marley

Reaction score
i recently got a pair of red wing 9012s and have worn them twice what should i do to take care of them?

also what should i do to take care of my suede shoes as well?

chowchow

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr.K
If you like the Loake boot, also look at the Herring boot of the same style. Their boot is on a medium with last and run closer to size. I sold my Banks to get the Herring and am much happier with them.

what is the equivalent of Herring?

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trapp
to start with, avoid salt

Great advice!

If you're living in a snowy, northern state you need to start levitating above the ground during the winter months. I thought this was common knowledge, but I guess not.

TxdoHawk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
Great advice!

If you're living in a snowy, northern state you need to start levitating above the ground during the winter months. I thought this was common knowledge, but I guess not.

Practically true in some states...here in NJ, every time there is even a threat of ice, the trucks throw around salt like it was candy. If I ever wanted a pair of white leather shoes, I could just walk around after a snowstorm for a week and avoid cleaning.

Is the whole thing with white vinegar and water 50/50 actually useful, or is it just for set-in salt stains, which I obviously wouldn't let happen?

This reminds me...I better go wipe down my Park Avenues.
musicboohoo[1].gif

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I figured out what was causing the problem. My floor mat was pushed up, so my heal was resting on the carpeted portion of my floor mat, rather than the rubber. So, I was letting it sit in teh wetness for a few days.

Sucks, but happy it happened to my better boots, these are older and needed a new sole anyhow.

I used a tablespoon of vinegar in a cup of water, and got the salt stains of the darker brown Sperrys in the group pic I posted.

Doctor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chowchow
what is the equivalent of Herring?
There isn't one. They all have rubber soles and are different colours with the exception of the leather souled "Burgh" - http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/produc...electedFitID=0 Though it's not the same. Note the fabric pull-tab - the sole is also different. If the "Dark Brown" colour was distressed, I guess it would be pretty similar though. You'd have to find out (no pic). Brogue Shoes also sell Loake's significantly cheaper than Herring sell their own brand (which are made by Loake, hence the similarity).

Blog Marley

Reaction score
any recommended suede sprays or brushes?

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
Many will work, but Aquatec is what I've currently been using. No color change, and works as it should.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
Does anyone have any pics of the 745 or 709 in black??

C'mon, does anyone have any pics of the F+B 745 or 709 being worn, in any color?

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I have a few waywt pics of the 745 being worn, however the photo quality is not the best.

huffer4

Reaction score
Picked these up today for $9 at a thrift store.
They are made by a Canadian company called Hartt. From a bit of reading, they seem to have been owned by Church's and also made models for Dacks. They seem to have originally retailed for $400-500.
The sole is Goodyear.
I think after a little life is brought back to them they will be perfect with some jeans.

8616e015.jpg

dawit

Reaction score
Originally Posted by huffer4
Picked these up today for $9 at a thrift store.
They are made by a Canadian company called Hartt. From a bit of reading, they seem to have been owned by Church's and also made models for Dacks. They seem to have originally retailed for $400-500.
The sole is Goodyear.
I think after a little life is brought back to them they will be perfect with some jeans.

8616e015.jpg

I like them. Really good pickup, good job.

gabby11303

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HEWSINATOR
While I was at it, took a quick pic of my streetwear shoes that are not dress shoes:

vxevle.jpg

You can see, I got the same salt stain on sperry's but not bubbling of course, should clean that too, with the vinegar mix the web says to use. Any more simple ideas for just that?

What are the suede chelsea boots in the back on the right.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads