• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The smell good thread

Brian SD

Reaction score
It's got a lot of vanilla to it. Maybe it doesn't work for everyone but I liked it when I wore it before. Only tried it once and I may just be linking it to that weekend (which was a very good weekend).

Banana Cognac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Still using the massive bottle of Dior Homme Bois D'Argent I bought some time ago. According to people on Basenotes it's not very nice-smelling.

Considering Dior Homme Intense but not sure. I have Terre d Hermes and it's quite nice, but a tad bit too tangy for me.

Would love something that lasts a long time and fits in with a humid summer but isn't 'soapy' smelling. Any recs?

Go for a vetiver fragrance:

Grey Vetiver - Tom Ford
Frederick Malle - Vetiver Extraordinaire
Le Labo Vetiver 46

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Still using the massive bottle of Dior Homme Bois D'Argent I bought some time ago. According to people on Basenotes it's not very nice-smelling.

Considering Dior Homme Intense but not sure. I have Terre d Hermes and it's quite nice, but a tad bit too tangy for me.

Would love something that lasts a long time and fits in with a humid summer but isn't 'soapy' smelling. Any recs?

guerlain vetiver is similar to a toned down t d'H i think. similar citrus and vetiver. leather, coriander and nutmeg last a long time in the dry down.

i thought i'd never shift from that one but tried creed aventus recently and it's amazing. the only problem is that i feel too 'perfumed' when wearing it. it's delicious but not subtle. i feel slightly douche-y with it on sometimes.

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cdg_scent_hinoki_1_1.jpg

anyone tried this one?

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robinsongreen68
the only problem is that i feel too 'perfumed' when wearing it. it's delicious but not subtle. i feel slightly douche-y with it on sometimes.

It's weird: you want to smell good, but you don't want most people to notice. I was put off from wearing anything when an acquaintance who happened to be sitting close to me asked if I had cologne on. I felt weirdly ashamed of smelling good.

Hkstyles

Reaction score
Issey miyake/chanel blue during spring/summer
Burberru during fall
Jean paul gaultier in winter

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score

Hkstyles

Reaction score
Creed's projection and longevity suck balls because of its use of natural oil. Just because it's highly expensive compared to other colognes doesn't make it a better one.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anybody own/tried the Creed Aventus?
odqaT.jpg

I thought it smelled ok, my wife hated it.

It was lite and fruity, decent spring/summer scent. Not cheap though, for the moeny I'd go Green Irish Tweed instead.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any history with Le Labo? Their Santal 26 candles are awesome, have some in my house.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anybody own/tried the Creed Aventus?
odqaT.jpg

I like it. It's a little strong of bergamot upon first application, but once the top notes mellow out and tones down it's really nice.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a 4 oz. of Aventus (that I just got in last week) and two 4 oz of GIT. I like them both, but as of right now GIT makes it into my rotation more simply because it seems more of a summer fragrance to me. Aventus will definitely start making its way in around September.

I get a little ash on the top notes, with a significant amount of pineapple as well. The drydown from the sample decants I got from Saks was amazing, and were honestly what prompted me to purchase a bottle. I can't recall exactly what I got out of it, but I vividly remember it being very, very appealing.

My rotation for the summer is:

Hermes Un Jardin sur le Nil
Creed Green Irish Tweed
Diptyque Philosykos (figs like you can't believe. women love this almost as much as GIT)
Hermes Un Jardin en Méditerranée
Creed Aventus (sparingly)

Getting phased out:
Acqua Di Gio
RL polo black

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads