• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The smell good thread

Cahrin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by linkinwayne
coffee liqueur, resins, woods and leather, niceeee.
I want to get Craft by Andrea Maack but no idea where to get a sample either

Should be able to get samples of both on LuckyScent.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by linkinwayne
Mainly rotating YSL Live Jazz and Blue de Chanel. Waiting for Creed Aventus to arrive

Girl bought me chanel bleu for my birthday after telling her i wanted gucci pour homme ii
ffffuuuu.gif
. How is it? Have you tried gucci PH2, does it compare? Thanks.

pokpok

Reaction score
using clinique happy, doesnt last long enough, but love the initial smell of it.

really like a lot of the jo malone stuff, especially grapefruit, 154, and lime and cedar.

kiehls musk is really good too.

Blog Marley

Reaction score
Any Recs for someone on a student budget?

I miss the days when I would use my dad's Creed, Lanvin, YSL Opium etc. He had a good collection.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blog Marley
Any Recs for someone on a student budget?

I miss the days when I would use my dad's Creed, Lanvin, YSL Opium etc. He had a good collection.

Find a good place for decants.

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cahrin
Should be able to get samples of both on LuckyScent.
Awesome, thanks man!
Originally Posted by Fycus
Girl bought me chanel bleu for my birthday after telling her i wanted gucci pour homme ii
ffffuuuu.gif
. How is it? Have you tried gucci PH2, does it compare? Thanks.

I haven't tried the Gucci but the bleau de chanel is a really light, 'fresh' scent. One of those fragrances where you really can't over-spray unless you bathe in it. Nothing particularly interesting about it though Also, the packaging for The Infidels looks amazing.
51400.jpg
Notes: Black currant, Green cumin, Bergamot, Magnolia, Tonka, Lavender, Patchouli, Amber, Labdanum

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pokpok
using clinique happy, doesnt last long enough, but love the initial smell of it.

No joke I used to use this 15 years ago.

Gaillimh Abu

Reaction score
L'Artisan Parfumeur fragrances work really well with my skin. Spring and Summer Fleur de Liane and in the colder months Tea for Two.

Some of the Old English Shaving shops like Truefitt and Hill have great fragrances, cheaper than most mall bought brands but miles better.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
'Black Violet' by Tom Ford, the smell last very long and it is distinctive

Zeemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use Creed Himalaya for years now
it is pretty much the only fragrance that doesn't annoy me
i hate almost everything you can get in normal stores
and i'm too lazy to try all these "niche" fragrances

Brian SD

Reaction score
Still using the massive bottle of Dior Homme Bois D'Argent I bought some time ago. According to people on Basenotes it's not very nice-smelling.

Considering Dior Homme Intense but not sure. I have Terre d Hermes and it's quite nice, but a tad bit too tangy for me.

Would love something that lasts a long time and fits in with a humid summer but isn't 'soapy' smelling. Any recs?

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Still using the massive bottle of Dior Homme Bois D'Argent I bought some time ago. According to people on Basenotes it's not very nice-smelling.

Considering Dior Homme Intense but not sure. I have Terre d Hermes and it's quite nice, but a tad bit too tangy for me.

Would love something that lasts a long time and fits in with a humid summer but isn't 'soapy' smelling. Any recs?

I haven't sampled Dior Homme Intense yet, how is it like? Might get it in the future.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads