• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Shield: Final Season

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I just watched the finale off TiVo. Kunk, you do win. But OMG, what an ending. The only thing that would have made it better is if Dutch actually went down for that murder.

Agreed, suit, rules, desk job. Worse than death.

Lem and Ronnie. Lem, with the best moral compass = dead. Ronnie, second best compass, a lifer.

I have to give Claudette kudos for orchestrating a huge **** YOU to Vic. She missed out arresting him, but she sure rubbed his nose in all the **** he left behind.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
was really well done. antithesis of sopranos finale-this is how you do an open-ended finale.

millionaire75

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
was really well done. antithesis of sopranos finale-this is how you do an open-ended finale.

Exactly. My friend sent me an email this morning..."Memo to David Chase: THAT'S how you end a show"

KFS

Reaction score
Great ending montage as well - really brought back the memories. I must have replayed it thirty or forty times on Youtube already.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had DVRed 8 episodes, watched the last one lat night (8 in 3 days, after the family went to bed). fantastic, I really didn't see that coming, I thought that Vic would get it in the end. this was a fate worse than death.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Great show, just finished watching it. I liked the first three seasons better, the second part was plots drives characters and not the other way around and the ending too conceptual and neat (let's take everything away from Vic). Still a great show to the end.

So what should I watch now? Still on a TV kick...I like shows with cops/gangsters/violence better than the other stuff and don't really go for episodic crap.

Note: I've already seen the wire and the sopranos. I don't watch a lot of American movies but they got TV on the lock down so I'd prefer to hear about American series, few exceptions aside.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Great show, just finished watching it. I liked the first three seasons better, the second part was plots drives characters and not the other way around and the ending too conceptual and neat (let's take everything away from Vic). Still a great show to the end.

So what should I watch now? Still on a TV kick...I like shows with cops/gangsters/violence better than the other stuff and don't really go for episodic crap.

Note: I've already seen the wire and the sopranos. I don't watch a lot of American movies but they got TV on the lock down so I'd prefer to hear about American series, few exceptions aside.

+1, the way to watch TV is when it's out on DVD.

Try The Brotherhood next, or Mad Men.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
+1, the way to watch TV is when it's out on DVD.

Try The Brotherhood next, or Mad Men.

A friend recommended the brotherhood but he has only seen the first season. Since the show was canceled I'm just afraid it ends too abruptly, have you see all three seasons?

I'm watching the first OZ season and might also try Breaking bad. What about six feet under? I watched the first season a few yrs ago and it was pretty good, I just don't know if it retains it's rhythm over the whole series.

Mad Men just doesn't attract me, advertising, natty suits and the 60s, naaah. I'm not that much into period pieces.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
A friend recommended the brotherhood but he has only seen the first season. Since the show was canceled I'm just afraid it ends too abruptly, have you see all three seasons?

I'm watching the first OZ season and might also try Breaking bad. What about six feet under? I watched the first season a few yrs ago and it was pretty good, I just don't know if it retains it's rhythm over the whole series.

Mad Men just doesn't attract me, advertising, natty suits and the 60s, naaah. I'm not that much into period pieces.

I've only seen the first two seasons and did not know it had been canceled
frown.gif

Could not get into Oz or 6 Feet Under. I tried to get into Big Love, but there was no love.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like Breaking Bad a lot. I didn't think I'd like Mad Men, but I ended just really getting into it. I'd recommend Deadwood or Rome, although they are period pieces. I've heard good things about the Wire.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gradstudent78
I like Breaking Bad a lot. I didn't think I'd like Mad Men, but I ended just really getting into it. I'd recommend Deadwood or Rome, although they are period pieces. I've heard good things about the Wire.

I've seen Rome. Good first season, never finished the second one (it sucked). Watch the first one since it is self-contained.

Deadwood was cancelled too, right? No good ending= ;(

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
I've only seen the first two seasons and did not know it had been canceled
frown.gif

Could not get into Oz or 6 Feet Under. I tried to get into Big Love, but there was no love.

Well I dunno of they just stopped it short or knew in advance and reached a satisfying ending. What's the new edgy cop show on the bloc, there must be one.

limping_decorum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LIES!!!!!!

HERETIC!!!!!!

WITCH!!!!!

I haven't been able to find anything recent.....but the two main actors have been in those montage showtime commercials promoting what is new this season....

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just watched the first few seasons. It is ruining my marriage. Now we no longer ********, we just watch The Shield.
frown.gif

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I am Netflixing The Wire. It is good, but not quite as good as its reviews, IMO.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads