• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Earlier this week; EB #8 Captoe.
B2DE1654-610A-4E9C-9FE7-8BF46DEB5C84.jpeg

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look great! My problem is they have literally the shitiest website I've ever seen. Where do you even find those boots?

That is because you can’t buy shoes directly from EB. Models are completely customized for each retailer. If you want to see what they’re capable of, check out the Skoaktiebolaget web site or the SoleGarb instagram. Those are two fantastic retailers to buy Bonafe shoes from.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I stumbled across these Stuart McGuire #8 PTBs while doing a thrifting trip. They just needed some proper care. Before and after shots.

IMG_0615.jpg
IMG_3303.jpg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
AE Leeds

IMG_3317.JPG

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
DOC - Wow! Nice job! You plan on keeping those or did you just get them as a small project?

Just a small project. The shoes needed to be saved and I could never fit in them. Mistreated shell gives me a case of the sads. So, I cleaned them up and listed them on Ebay for a new home. I would be happier to find them a home with a SF member, so PM me if one is interested.

Skelnik

Reaction score

Steller looking. Have you purchased those recently? The edge on the vamp stitching is completely smooth compared to my shell patriots which are ridged where the stitching is. Yours look a bit more refined and remind me of the Hamiltons (which they no longer carry). Just curious if you got a unique pair or if that's they way they are doing them now.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Steller looking. Have you purchased those recently? The edge on the vamp stitching is completely smooth compared to my shell patriots which are ridged where the stitching is. Yours look a bit more refined and remind me of the Hamiltons (which they no longer carry). Just curious if you got a unique pair or if that's they way they are doing them now.
Thanks, they’re pretty new, just a couple of wears so far. The U shaped stitching is indeed raised around the vamp despite the picture. I do wish they had the wheeling/fudging around the welt like Alden does. I think that looks really cool. Anyway, they’re just the normal AE Shell Patriot’s. Not a special makeup or anything.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Expecting the vamp more like this?

20180626_090522.jpg

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got curious and pulled them out. My Randolph’s have more of a puckered looking vamp stitch, while the Patriots have more of a smooth rounded vamp stitch and not really puckered at all. The Grayson’s are fairly flat.

Indoor lighting:
EBEB1B7E-46F0-4CA7-B052-12D2A63BE806.jpeg

Indoor lighting with flash:
52B58234-D699-4F60-8852-A805F52CF7F9.jpeg

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grayson’s vamp is machine stitched, so that’s the difference there. Randolph’s look to have a heavier thread and larger hand stitch overall.

Nice shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads