• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Rubinacci Thread.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was chilly this morning and will be tonight. Still a bit nippy. It's a 16oz LL tweed that doesn't wear too hot so it's doable. Per Se tonight should be nice and cool inside I would imagine.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Same here...A Carlo Barbera for Lesser flannel today.

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not even wearing pants.

Actually, I just ordered two fresco suits from LH. I seem to have my seasonal ordering pattern screwed up.

Last edited:

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who did hear about that relatively recent, mystical Milanese dinner where Luca supposedly said that he was actually cutting himself (I wonder since they are always pretty transparent on that) and then supposedly got his head washed by Migliarotti (who supposeldy also told the VBC people to **** off at the same occasion; just after he made that film fo them)?
Sounded like fun and much more interesting than the lunches that Scott Schuman was filming...

P-K-L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Who did hear about that relatively recent, mystical Milanese dinner where Luca supposedly said that he was actually cutting himself (I wonder since they are always pretty transparent on that) and then supposedly got his head washed by Migliarotti (who supposeldy also told the VBC people to **** off at the same occasion; just after he made that film fo them)?
Sounded like fun and much more interesting than the lunches that Scott Schuman was filming...

You should start your own film series...

quar

Reaction score
So I've made an appointment at Rubinacci in London, on December 11.

I intend to start off with a Suit, or a Sportscoat. Will return to Naples in September for my first fitting.

Thinking either a Navy Blue Wool / Linen Blazer, or a Wool Gunclub Check.

For current Customers, any advice on anything I need to think about before I go in 2 weeks time?

My only experience thus far is with WW Chan, or MTM Orazio Luciano.

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross post from The Apparel Arts Re-enactment Thread:

This is an old idea of mine, so get out you cameras and get going, gentlemen!
bigstar[1].gif

Rubinacci cashmere coat/yellow trousers by Steven 1Hitchcock, NSM DB ivory linen suit, Loob St James's Nubucks
And to end the day in style here is another detail that can make a difference ... of course everything always done by hand....

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

So I've made an appointment at Rubinacci in London, on December 11.

I intend to start off with a Suit, or a Sportscoat. Will return to Naples in September for my first fitting.

Thinking either a Navy Blue Wool / Linen Blazer, or a Wool Gunclub Check.

For current Customers, any advice on anything I need to think about before I go in 2 weeks time?

My only experience thus far is with WW Chan, or MTM Orazio Luciano.

Only to keep your mind open about fabric selection. Who are you meeting with?

quar

Reaction score
I am meeting Chiara.

I intend to have my first fitting in Naples when I return to Europe in September. I hope then that I can see Mariano and the cutter.

I quite like the Porter & Harding Glorious Twelfth Book. I wonder what they will have available.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
They have that among others, also ask to see the vintage stuff

Last edited:

quar

Reaction score
OK, great, thanks for that.

Thanks for creating this thread, it has been a wealth of information for us all.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads