• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Polo Suit Thread

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always thought Polo 1 was a big body full cut... but one I'm looking at is describing it as trim fit... is it?

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tony Romo
I always thought Polo 1 was a big body full cut... but one I'm looking at is describing it as trim fit... is it?

If you listen to the earlier "polo suit thread" you would think as much. But my PoloI suit if definitely slimmer than my IIs & IIIs. Compare the measurements they list with the measurements of another model of the same size.

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Polo I suit jacket is pretty trim, the pants, plated as they are, are fuller cut. Didn't like it too much initially, but now I think it's fine

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bringing this back with the newly released models I have experience with: OP: There are many threads where questions are posed regarding Polo Ralph Lauren Suits and the differences between the cuts. This is in hopes that we can have 1 thread dedicated to all questions Polo suit related.I know about this post, but from experience I know it not to be 100% accurate/definite, see below: Polo I - single vent, 2 button (full, traditional cut) - I have a Polo I that is 2B, but slim, double vented. Polo II - double vent, 3 button (traditional cut, but 3 button and side vents can make it look slimmer than Polo I) - I have 3 Polo II suits, all double vented, 3B and slim, but 1 has a ticket pocket & pants with side adjusters, 1 has flat front pants and 1 has double forward pleated pants. Polo III - double vent, 2 button, ticket pocket - No experience here (unless these are the ones that say BLUE LABEL (see below) Polo IV - double vent, 3 button, ticket pocket (slightly higher arm holes, so feels trimmer about the chest) - No experience here (unless these are the ones that say BLUE LABEL (see below) BLUE LABEL - I have 2 suits that are marked Blue Label in lieu of Polo I-IV, one is 3B, side vented, slim with pleated trousers. The other is 3B, side vented, ticket pocket, side adjusters on trousers (no belt loops) Garrison - I have a Garrison model that is 2B, side vented, WIDE lapels, pants have side adjusters and no loops. I've seen Garrison models with belt loops. Very trim fit with more padding in the shoulders than I & II models. Bradford - I have a Bradford model that is 3B, side vented, slim lapels, pants have loops and double forward pleats. I've also owned a Bradford model that was 2B, side vented, flat front with loops. Very trim fit with more padding in the shoulders than I & II models. Desmond The Desmond model I have is 2B, side vented, heavy flannel cloth (95/5 wool/cash) high armholes, slim sleeves. Trousers are flat fronted with side adjusters and they came with belt loops in the bag. My coat has a throat latch but Ive seen models without it. Garrison-Desmond I've seen these for sale on eBay but I have no experience with them, tho it seems it just means a merge of the two models with WIDE lapels, high armholes and a nipped waist. All of the models I;ve seen are side vented. Discontinued modes (copied from above link); Bleeker - usually 3 button, single vent; slimmer fitting (in both chest and arms), shorter in length for similar sized coats; suits with flat front pants, slim fitting and tapered. Congressman - similar to bleeker, though not sure whether pants are as slim fitting; seems to be sold at dept stores (like Macy's suit dept) rather than Polo stores. What's your experience/input? Thanks

TexasDan

Reaction score
I have a Polo I and a Polo II suit and some Polo II jackets. I really like the Polo II fit. I found the Polo I to be a bit more trim.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads