• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a WAYWRN competition today for homage-ing (is that a word) another regular poster's style. I was doing a particular dude there, who always wears black shoes.

The square is complements of Chet, and was effing free, because that's the kind of guy Chet is. I have yet to repay that debt....

Ah, didn't know there was a competition involved. In that case I retract my judgement of you.

And I figured the square was from Chet. He was all sold out by the time I contacted him. I haven't forgiven him yet.

This has been a great couple of weeks for me. First I found a pair of Raleigh Denim jeans in my size. Then today I found a pair of Alden chukkas in fantastic shape, and they fit! Almost makes me believe in a higher power (not that I've done anything to deserve this).

Been looking for those in 10.5/11 in brown forever. Awesome find.

Here are pics. I still have to edit them properly to get colors and exposures right, but this'll do for now.

Fantastic finds, great jackets. Congrats!

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Orgetorix, what size are those madras?
mwink[1].gif

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stuff from the last week.

So this happened again.......
I found these at a consignment store, pretty sure they come from the same guy who donated the 15 SC's I found awhile ago (46s)

Last edited:

rayxlui

Reaction score

In the field right now, single button black suit. Priced high though $45. Kop or not? It's too small for me :(

Kop. They're from when Hedi Slimane ran YSL or earlier Tom Ford. Either way you can't go wrong.

FaceOfBoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There's a WAYWRN competition today for homage-ing (is that a word) another regular poster's style. I was doing a particular dude there, who always wears black shoes.

Well you did a good job at it. When I saw the photo, I immediatley thought of the guy. And then I saw your comment.

PS Looking good!

jgeldner

Reaction score

Stuff from the last week. So this happened again....... I found these at a consignment store, pretty sure they come from the same guy who donated the 15 SC's I found awhile ago (46s)
are these available? measurements?

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoever said the jacket is too fall-like: true, but it went with the cords which were critical for reasons others will understand. Plus its 40 and rainy. Plus it might not be mine by next fall (or next week)

NEED ADVICE stat: trussardi white jeans. Good condition but some damage at pocket. Kop or not?

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Update: on the tom ford suit scammer wrongwroks and his other sf name m0bbie Rachapoll Phromyarat scammer, someone hacked his skype and spoke to him, he straight up admitted he did it and said thats what he does for a living, apparently he lives in Bangkok, he said he wont scam the same person twice and hes not going to return the money or the suit, (I wish the mods could verify with ip addresses) so heres a warning to you guys.
:fu:
Hey guys. I've got a quick question. My TJ Maxx has recently had some pretty good stuff in stock ("Runway" for men). I grabbed a polo shirt from Brunello Cucinelli and one from Brioni at $99 each. They had what looked like Barney's price tags still attached. The Cucinelli was tagged at $445 and the Brioni at $595 originally. Good deals? Also, I grabbed a Kiton dress shirt that had an original Barney's price tag of $1095 for $59. There were 2 others tagged originally at around $600 each that I didn't pick up. Should I go back and get them too?
Yes to all. Why did you pass on NWT Kiton for $60?! Go back and grab them ASAP!!
So this happened again....... I found these at a consignment store, pretty sure they come from the same guy who donated the 15 SC's I found awhile ago (46s)
Absolutely insane.......
Attolini
9A83D385-33C6-4F78-ABD9-46C6FF976975-16476-000007D55F73D54F.jpg
EDE4456F-DF4C-48EE-AF05-9D76CA10A2DC-16476-000007D557CD04A6.jpg
DFF5E593-B176-446E-9976-9114B727704F-16476-000007D776CC6D75.jpg
C714F937-806C-4FEC-AEE1-8403E6D96153-16476-000007D7738B3137.jpg
:drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads