• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

...On unrelated news...
Found my first ever "Extra-slim fit Brooks Brothers" shirt today. It's actually nearly slim enough to work. ...

:slayer:
That's the item that keeps me looking through the white shirt section. I have several 'Slim fit' but no "Extra-slim fit". I have one with a button down collar and some sort of stains that nothing has been able to budge that I'm going to attempt to dye black. Take a fit pic when you can. I'd be interested in seeing it in action.

I couldn't wait. Picked this motherfucker up for cheaper than a shirt from J Crew. I'll be rocking it for the next couple decades. :slayer:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/160842536572?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

That is a beautiful overcoat and a great price! If it's anything like my Brooks Brothers overcoat, you will find it to be very comfortable to wear in a variety of somewhat cool to very cold temps. It's a bit too small for me to covet but damn! Congratulations.

tumblr_lxeblmUqn31qdlkgg.gif

Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shout out to TDP for hooking me up with a kick-ass linen DB (Grendel, I swear this one fits). Unfortunately, someone had harvested the buttons off it. I'll be on the lookout today when I'm out, but if anybody has a spare set of MOP's in a 6x2 with 3 at the cuff, I'd love to take them off your hands. :happy:

Last edited:

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well, I added my two cents in the mod thread (which I've quoted below), and may very well be banned for it.  And even if I'm not, I'm done visiting this site on principle alone.  

With all that said, I have very much enjoyed posting here for the last year.  I have seriously learned an immense amount about clothing and all kinds of other cool stuff that I previously knew nothing about, just from posting and browsing in this thread...and I've had a great time shooting the **** with some of the incredibly cool posters here.  I'll probably resume posting a bit over at AAAC under the same username (AndroFan), so feel free to hit me up there if anyone wants to contact me going forward, or if I owe you any residual trading karma. 

If someone could do me a favor and quote me in case I'm banned so that peeps can contact me through alternate routes, it'd be much appreciated. 

Keep it real dudes, and keep reeling in the big fish.

Inviting mods to check out what goes on here, perhaps not the best move.

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Damn right.
I was quickly put in my place yesterday over at AAAC for daring to ask what the quality of Florsheims is like these days.

I gave up on AAAC, except for posting in the thrift exchange, after an ugly incident with one of the site's founders/administrators (not Andy). Pompous ass personified. Several other folks have left in recent months as well.

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A message from Frenchy : His Swan Song -​
(edited among several emails)
the boys are no doubt wondering what happened this time,if you could pass this along would be good....
..anyway im done with the site tell everybody there will be no comeback,i wish you luck with the new site and the boys in the hunt.
oh well what are you gonna do,**** happens.
bad timing too as a i just found a all Campagnolo ROSSIN bike yesterday (the Hermes of bike parts).
you could post that as my swan song,just to give the guys hope that these things are still out there:
0241f42e.jpg

anyway, talk soon,im off theres carts to be kicked in them aisles today.

This find hasn't gotten the attention it deserves, I think. Would like to know whether the rear derailleur is a Rally (meh) or NR modified with a long cage (very cool). Any rate, looks long, and you don't often see a bike with that geometry set up for touring, which, to me, makes it all the more desirable. Touring on vintage steel framed racing bikes is the bomb.

GHo

Reaction score

is this a full suit or just a coat?

Just a sportcoat. I'm assuming I was right to not look for pants, as it doesn't look like an orphan. The cashmere makes it super-soft, but it was made in Israel :mad:

At least that means it's pretty recent, yes?

Yeah, it looks pretty recent. I assume it fits you? no, you say? :lol:

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but since it's D&G and not the more expensive stuff, I thought that was the norm. I just assumed they made stuff side by side Boss in Turkey
happy.gif

I know it was mentioned a few pages back about Van Laack. I found a nice unlined khaki jacket the other day. I forget the size, but I want to say an EU 50 or 52. It may have had patch pockets (I swear I'll remember things until you've seen 100 jackets and then details get lost). I do remember that it was priced at €16 and in great condition/possibly unworn.
If anyone is interested in it, let me know.

puzzled.gif

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, but since it's D&G and not the more expensive stuff, I thought that was the norm. I just assumed they made stuff side by side Boss in Turkey :happy:

Your D&G Polo looks authentic to me. D&G do have stuff made in Turkey. Most of the diffusion line stuff (i.e. Emporio Armani, GF Ferre, Versace Collection etc) have a variety of countries of manufacture. Even the labels like Burberry Prorsum or Ralph Lauren Purple Label are not necessarily made in Italy. Seen stuff made in China and Peru by these guys.

Last edited:

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This find hasn't gotten the attention it deserves, I think. Would like to know whether the rear derailleur is a Rally (meh) or NR modified with a long cage (very cool). Any rate, looks long, and you don't often see a bike with that geometry set up for touring, which, to me, makes it all the more desirable. Touring on vintage steel framed racing bikes is the bomb.

This is the kind of post that keeps me from getting into biking. Seems like you need to have a degree in bicycology to know wtf you're doing with hardware. Or pay some bike shop $3K.

Mox C

Reaction score

This is the kind of post that keeps me from getting into biking. Seems like you need to have a degree in bicycology to know wtf you're doing with hardware. Or pay some bike shop $3K.

It's like that with any hobby: bicycling, photography, clothing... Jumping straight into the "serious" level tends to get yourself over your head, but you don't need to go there right off the bat. Just like you wouldn't recommend someone get a bespoke suit as their first dip into the sartorial pond, getting a tricked out racing cycle isn't the nest thing for someone new to biking (unless you stumble on a deal). Get a ready-to-pedal and make sure you like it first, then you can have a better idea of what you want further down the road.

Last edited:

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Your D&G Polo looks authentic to me. D&G do have stuff made in Turkey. Most of the diffusion line stuff (i.e. Emporio Armani, GF Ferre, Versace Collection etc) have a variety of countries of manufacture. Even the labels like Burberry Prorsum or Ralph Lauren Purple Label are not necessarily made in Italy. Seen stuff made in China and Peru by these guys.

Thanks for the confirmation on it's legitimacy. I've seen Boss stuff made in Germany, Switzerland, Italy and Turkey. A lot of the newer stuff in stores is made in Turkey (and I'd imagine Morocco or Egypt), but maybe that is only for the European market. The stuff from Switzerland is actually not too bad. I have an older shirt that is pretty nice and fits well. I've seen some RL Black Label stuff online from China. Is that a recent move? Even things made in Italy (or any other country) are probably made by immigrant hands. It's not something that bothers me, but I obviously prefer to see England, Italy, USA, Germany, etc. on the labels. My favorite is when I see something that says "Made in the EU." It is supposed to sound good, but everyone immediately assumes Poland, Bulgaria or Romania.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a ******* awesome day out today, picked up a few personal grails. My wife's out with the camera, so no pictures yet. 1.L.L Bean Maine Hunting Boots in my size, 2.my first cotton madras sport coat, unfortunately not my size. :brick: Possibly dibbed. 3. not 2 days after I picked up a grail top coat off the bay, I find the other kind I've been looking for, a vintage double breasted plaid herringbone wool trench coat. This thing is seriously sick! In mint shape and even has the ticket pocket!!!! I also picked up a made in the USA L.L Bean tan Harrington coat with the plaid lining in my size. :slayer: And a vintage Eddie Bauer shawl collar, cable knit cardigan with real leather buttons and suede elbow patches, all the bells and whistles, in my size!! :slayer: I love it when the winter stuff comes out. The stores are flush boys!!!

edit: Also a super vintage PRL blackwatch blazer/sportcoat thing, super heavy, looks like it might be intended to be a top coat?

Last edited:

LooknGr8

Reaction score

1.L.L Bean Maine Hunting Boots in my size,

hey just got a pr new 75% off at the outlet myself during a recent clearance sale, the "low top" version for crappy weather days at work because I can't do galoshes or the other more upscale shoe covers seen elsewhere on this site. I'll just change into my vintage gator nettletons or aldens or vintage florsheim gunboats when I get to my cube.

still made in maine, they allege

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads