• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg613

Reaction score

Wierd, I can't get that to pop up even when I copy the listing title word for word. Wonder what's up with that.

Thanks.

Completed listing searches only go back two months. But, the original auction page is available longer than that for feedback purposes, so you have to use Google to find a backdoor.

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Thanks guys. Dior Homme is one of those things that just never shows up in the wild, so any info helping to calibrate real vs. fake detection skills is helpful IMO. Thanks for the insight.

I'm pretty sure the Dior Homme tag is higher up. Should be on where it touches the back of your neck. Plus the tag doesn't look right. It's a dull grey. And the maker tags are silver as well, not white. The real ones I've seen are a shiny silver
Like this:
http://www.yvgeny.com/dior-homme/dior-homme-by-hedi-slimane-cotton-dress-shirt/
I have to say I agree with Ray, I think the shirt is most likely a fake. I am not 100% sure, more 60% sure.
The tag colors seem off but what screws with me is that the font seems pretty dang close to real font. It could be the photo playing with my eyes. Also not buying into that size tag.
Perhaps the most discriminating thing about that shirt is the shirt itself. This shirt just does not appear Dior like in design.
I could be wrong, hence why I go with 60% likelihood a fake.

Last edited:

mjt73106

Reaction score
Thats the good tag if real....why do you think it's fake?
+1 Looks good to me from what I can see. The material also looks authentic based upon the small amount of it that is visible in the photos. More close up photos would be helpful, i.e. buttons.

Last edited:

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think light-wash jeans are making a comeback though; might be time to start wearing them again. I think that's a good look.

Thanks. Unfortunately for me, I like my jeans to fit more slim than those even though they are Bullhead Dillon Skinny. I may use them to work in the yard of something.

Dat's not gonna be cheap... hmmm German car ya say well lets just add a zero to the wrong end of the price... went through all that with a VW over here... not fun...

I'm fairly confident that the valves haven't punched through any pistons and if that's the case, I'm told $725 should clean the innards up nicely if I supply the valve cover.

x3 BB Dress Chino Things, I think they are all Navy but the one in the middle might be black- 34x32.5

Oyster Perpetual Datejust?

Last edited:

mjt73106

Reaction score

The boots look great! The leather and double stitching looks like some high end quality - Gokey bullhide type stuff. My guess is that they were manufactured for a regional or local sporting goods retailer for hunting gear, hence the tag. Maybe 1960's vintage? Cannot say that the soles look familiar but they may be replacements. Nice find if you need some 10.5 wide bodies. . .

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Interesting.  Thanks guys.  Dior Homme is one of those things that just never shows up in the wild, so any info helping to calibrate real vs. fake detection skills is helpful IMO.  Thanks for the insight. 

What really gets me though is why would someone fake Dior?

In the hierarchy of brands, Gucci, Armani, Prada, Ralph Lauren etc are giants, mega mega giants. Dior are ******* nothing, a small afterthought of a brand. Historically a great and innovative brand, but nowadays harder to find and not well sought after by the general fashion conscious / wannabe masses (the target audience for counterfeiters).

Certainly, aesthetically, Dior are far more desirable in my eyes than anything from Gucci or Prada (with certain exceptions). But in a world of tacky logo's and gaudy designs, Dior are none of these things. Elegant, whimsical, but not gaudy in any way. Hence not entirely counterfeit(able), at least through my eyes.

Last edited:

rayxlui

Reaction score

+1 Looks good to me from what I can see. The material also looks authentic based upon the small amount of it that is visible in the photos. More close up photos would be helpful, i.e. buttons.

I'm pretty sure material tag is also silver. In his, it's white.

Anyways, today I was able to go thrifting with DM7. Once out the car, he was fast and effiecient. Boom boom boom, through the suits. I looked like a complete noob, walking around everywhere.

So my finds for today. Or mine and DM7's finds. He didn't care for some of them, too small time for him lol. :violin:

3 x recent T&A shirts. 2 Brioni.

Incotex and Brioni Sport. Some sweet silverware.

RRL

Oh yeah he also gave me a recent Zegna and two Prada ties. Outstanding guy. Pretty girlfriend as well.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The boots look great! The leather and double stitching looks like some high end quality - Gokey bullhide type stuff. My guess is that they were manufactured for a regional or local sporting goods retailer for hunting gear, hence the tag. Maybe 1960's vintage? Cannot say that the soles look familiar but they may be replacements. Nice find if you need some 10.5 wide bodies. . .
Actually...I wear a 10.5 EEE so these are a bit narrow for me.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure material tag is also silver. In his, it's white.
Anyways, today I was able to go thrifting with DM7. Once out the car, he was fast and effiecient. Boom boom boom, through the suits. I looked like a complete noob, walking around everywhere.
So my finds for today. Or mine and DM7's finds. He didn't care for some of them, too small time for him lol.
musicboohoo[1].gif

3 x recent T&A shirts. 2 Brioni.

Incotex and Brioni Sport. Some sweet silverware.

RRL

Oh yeah he also gave me a recent Zegna and two Prada ties. Outstanding guy. Pretty girlfriend as well.

What size are the RRL?

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Only one store today. Trad enthusiasts in the 40-42 range should be happy. All are 3-roll-2. All appear to be about 50 years old. I don't want to store more tweeds so get at me if these blow up your skirt.

Andover Shop
IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

Old-school Deansgate. Fully-canvassed, etc.
IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

Not the right Poole, but still sick.
IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

Unmarked. Just as high of quality as the rest, though.
IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

darkmatter7

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is this the good Dior? Thought it was while I was in the store so I grabbed it, but having a little trouble finding the discussion that happened not to long ago @ it in this thread
( know what the bad looks like, just not 100% sure on the good ...)

Well damn.

I don't know if it's real or fake.

Real Evidence:
Content Label
Fabric Quality

Fake Evidence:
Stitching on the Dior Tag not consistent with Dior pieces
Style not consistent with Dior pieces

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What really gets me though is why would someone fake Dior?
In the hierarchy of brands, Gucci, Armani, Prada, Ralph Lauren etc are giants, mega mega giants. Dior are ******* nothing, a small afterthought of a brand. Historically a great and innovative brand, but nowadays harder to find and not well sought after by the general fashion conscious / wannabe masses (the target audience for counterfeiters).
Certainly, aesthetically, Dior are far more desirable in my eyes than anything from Gucci or Prada (with certain exceptions). But in a world of tacky logo's and gaudy designs, Dior are none of these things. Elegant, whimsical, but not gaudy in any way. Hence not entirely counterfeit(able), at least through my eyes.

I actually came across a blatantly fake women's Dior shirt not too long ago. And this one had the silver tag. I could tell it was fake from the incredibly shoddy construction, the thing had loose threads all over the place, there was a bunch of Chinese tags along with the Dior tag, and the buttons were plastic. Not to say that Dior doesn't use plastic buttons, but still, it was a fake, I actually showed it to pnutpug, so he can back this up.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Interesting.  Thanks guys.  Dior Homme is one of those things that just never shows up in the wild, so any info helping to calibrate real vs. fake detection skills is helpful IMO.  Thanks for the insight. 

I actually came across a blatantly fake women's Dior shirt not too long ago. And this one had the silver tag. I could tell it was fake from the incredibly shoddy construction, the thing had loose threads all over the place, there was a bunch of Chinese tags along with the Dior tag, and the buttons were plastic. Not to say that Dior doesn't use plastic buttons, but still, it was a fake, I actually showed it to pnutpug, so he can back this up.

And this pretty well sums up why I pass on literally EVERY Dior, Givenchy, Lanvin and many other "brands" pieces I see. Call it laziness, but I have no confidence I will ever be able to tell reall from fake, desirable from undesirable.

As for why anyone would fake Dior, one need look no further than the Noob propensity to brag about it here. It has name recognition. If you're faking garments, you don't need to fool people with good taste, you just need to fool people with money in their pocket.

Picked up some good stuff a couple of days back, but no pics so no post. Stay tuned....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads