• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1. He's doing a great favor to those who are a 16/41 as an exclusive offer to the thrift thread. Those would fly in the B/S but he's kind enough to offer them up to us first. Major props to DM7. As I've said before, I've met him in person and he's a great, down to earth guy.

+2 I sent him a PM yesterday about these and am stunned with the offer he has presented. I'm taking a large bag and, truth be known, am wishing I took 3 of them but greed is a bad thing. He is responsive, helpful and a pleasure to deal with. I stopped doing deals on the boards due a few trades/buys that went horribly wrong on my end but I am looking forward to this.

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

here is the picture of the tumi bag
does this look too beatup to use to you guys?
i spent an hour and a half cleaning and conditioning it with some meguiars stuff for a car
alot of the dirt and dry spots look much better now

can i get measurements on the neck size and sleeve length of this bag?
i am worried that the bag won't fit.

Xenos

Reaction score
A few pants (I hate taking pictures of pants); All available except Incotex:

Polo RL (Made in Italy) 34W; RLPL 33W; RLPL 34W; Stefano Veneziani 32W; Incotex NWT

zachl

Reaction score

+2 I sent him a PM yesterday about these and am stunned with the offer he has presented. I'm taking a large bag and, truth be known, am wishing I took 3 of them but greed is a bad thing. He is responsive, helpful and a pleasure to deal with. I stopped doing deals on the boards due a few trades/buys that went horribly wrong on my end but I am looking forward to this.

I still can't quite figure out why or how anyone could be possibly angry that he is offering his thrifted items here first, before they hit B&S or eBay... Just a few weeks ago people were complaining that he was going straight to eBay with everything, and wasn't offering his thrifted goods to the forum first, and now it's just the opposite. Simply stunning how fickle the crowd here is..

+3 to dm7 being an awesome guy, I just bought an item from him, and he responded to all my questions within an hour and had it to me within 3 days. If I wasn't Brianpore sized, I would be ecstatic to get a first shot at these T&A shirts..

Last edited:

Typhoid Jones

Reaction score
Everything is better with tailoring.
smile.gif

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I still can't quite figure out why or how anyone could be possibly angry that he is offering his thrifted items here first, before they hit B&S or eBay... Just a few weeks ago people were complaining that he was going straight to eBay with everything, and wasn't offering his thrifted goods to the forum first, and now it's just the opposite. Simply stunning how fickle the crowd here is..
+3 to dm7 being an awesome guy, I just bought an item from him, and he responded to all my questions within an hour and had it to me within 3 days. If I wasn't Brianpore sized, I would be ecstatic to get a first shot at these T&A shirts..

I mean yeah thats great and all. But I am saying if I listed every single one of my thrift finds with a price in the wrong place I would get punished for it (it has happened in the past). Also can you imagine everyone trying to sell a product here? It would no longer be a thrift bragging thread and just another B&S selling thread. I might be the only one who feels like this but these politics are really getting old. That is my rant for the day :lol:

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey, wondering if anyone can help me out here:

found a new with tags pair of selvedge, raw (maybe one wash?) levi's jeans. they're from the two horse line (i know nothing about this line). they have reinforced knees (fully lined on the inside). anyone know wtf these things are? intertubes are not helpful. pics below.

l4.jpg

l1.jpg

l2.jpg

l3.jpg

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dudes

we gotta stop with this bickering ****.
come on now
we all have swinging dicks
let's leave the pecking and clucking for the broads

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
I mean yeah thats great and all. But I am saying if I listed every single one of my thrift finds with a price in the wrong place I would get punished for it (it has happened in the past). Also can you imagine everyone trying to sell a product here? It would no longer be a thrift bragging thread and just another B&S selling thread. I might be the only one who feels like this but these politics are really getting old. That is my rant for the day
lol8[1].gif

100% know what your saying.... I THINK (might be wrong), is that this was a "thrift thread special". I have done this in the past, where you offer a special lower price to the thrift thread ONLY, which is a nice gesture. The problem is, he didnt say it was a thirft thread special which is why I assume you are bitching him out and rightfully so. Prices should be kept off this from IMO unless it is a special for only the people on this thread.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
hey, wondering if anyone can help me out here:
found a new with tags pair of selvedge, raw (maybe one wash?) levi's jeans. they're from the two horse line (i know nothing about this line). they have reinforced knees (fully lined on the inside). anyone know wtf these things are? intertubes are not helpful. pics below.
l4.jpg

l1.jpg

l2.jpg

l3.jpg
Are you sure two horse is the line? The tag says Two Horse Brand. I thought all Levis were two horse brand such that the legend told they could not be torn apart by two horses.

Typhoid Jones

Reaction score
I mean yeah thats great and all. But I am saying if I listed every single one of my thrift finds with a price in the wrong place I would get punished for it (it has happened in the past). Also can you imagine everyone trying to sell a product here? It would no longer be a thrift bragging thread and just another B&S selling thread. I might be the only one who feels like this but these politics are really getting old. That is my rant for the day
lol8[1].gif

^^^ It's a solid point. I think that it's a whole different ballgame when it's from a regular poster who knows / feels that there is a genuine interest on the thread and not from some out-of-left field lurker with little or no contribution history. I've posted re: Trad / Ivy stuff that I just added to my Etsy shop (there's a few on here who are also members of the AAAC Trad Forum, Talk Ivy, etc. who don't get enough of that in the usual posts), Brianpore has posted re: his "Hickey-Freeman store" a while back, and a few others have posted about stuff that would genuinely interest others on here (vintage camping / outdoors gear, mannequins, etc.) before hitting the B&S or taking it to eBay. If that's the case, do it. I think that it's up to the poster to gauge whether or not it's appropriate. If it turns out that it isn't appropriate, they'll hear about it... alot.
smile.gif

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are you sure two horse is the line? The tag says Two Horse Brand. I thought all Levis were two horse brand such that the legend told they could not be torn apart by two horses.

You're probably right...however, I am unsure why the two-horse stuff is so explicitly branded on some items and not on others. Levis is really bad about telling you what, precisely, you are buying.

steveoly

Reaction score

dudes
we gotta stop with this bickering ****.
come on now
we all have swinging dicks
let's leave the pecking and clucking for the broads

Speak for yourself. Unfortunately Greg Oden I am not. :foo: :fu:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads