• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
90+ Turnbull & Asser Shirts
10 unknown shirts
My wallet thanks those shirts for being a half size too large.
They are my size, but fortunately I just sold a bunch of stuff
lol8[1].gif

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, today I found a rare or what I thought was a rare Gieves & Hawkes vintage SC. Unvented, 2 button 49 R (euro size). If fits like a 39 S. That thing was hideous. I was very tempted to buy it until I found out this was made in Hong Kong. So I guess G&E started mass producing their stuff in Hong Kong and selling them at their boutiques in HK. Anyone knows?

mexicutioner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

this is the MOTHERFUCKING BRAGGING THREAD holy **** i am getting really sick of the entitled attitude from people that think there are some arbitrary rules they can enforce half the people that post whiney **** in this thread never even post any finds themselves and then get butthurt if you don't post sizes or something JESUS CHRIST IT'S THE BRAGGING THREAD I CAN POST WHATEVER I WANT AS LONG AS IT'S A BRAG THOSE ARE THE ONLY RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In other news i found some nice shirts today I will be making available just give me a few minutes guys thanks <3

yeah dudes, no posting in here to ask for ebaying advice!!!

:stirpot:

also, haven't had much time for thrifting lately, but did find this shirt today. i know Faconnable doesn't get much love around here, but their patterns are consistently BALLIN.

ABn3wl.jpg

Last edited:

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone on the manufacturer? It doesn't look like the St. Andrews or the Chester Barrie I've seen before.

hyakku

Reaction score
LOL I used to live in LA and never came across a haul like that. Already missing that place. Still, how has every park ave or cap toe in general been size 12 lately? This is really bugging me out. The second I walk away from the thread though, I know a hundred 9.5 oxfords are going up for sale.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Spent most of the morning, and much of the afternoon, waiting for the UPS guy bring me something I've been yearning for since I sold the last one I had...

(disclaimer: non-clothing, mountain bike related content)
IMG_9084.jpg
:slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer:

Now somebody thrift me a Fox F29 120mm non-taper fork. :smarmy:

Also want to throw this out there, if anyone has a good quality shotgun mic (Sennheiser, Audio Technica, or AKG) they find or want to get rid of, throw it my way. :D

Only had a little time to thrift. Passed on a couple Philco radios Goodwill wanted $40/piece for, but did pick up:

IMG_9085.jpg

IMG_9086.jpg

Burgundy linen already spoken for. Probably going to keep the black watch one as well. Jay Kos is hand made in England.

zachl

Reaction score
I bought one of the 36R Thick as Thieves blazers off of darkmatter7 from his haul a few weeks ago and received it the other day. It's unfortunately a bit too wide in the shoulders for me to make work, so if anyone else is interested, please shoot me a PM.

The measurements and details darkmatter7 provided me can be found below:

Grey Peak Lapel (tagged 36R, measures closer to a 38R)
Double vented, 1 button, with hacking pockets, and ticket pocket

Shoulder 18
p2p 19
waist 17/18
length 30
sleeve 25

Last edited:

acosbysweater

Reaction score
Pre Pivot sellout of the DW Link...nice! Why not go for a tapered headtube, though? Absolutely essential for a 29 er if you want it to ride as nicely as a 26. Also, you could get a Kashima-coated F29 with the 34 mm stanchions. :slayer:

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

also, haven't had much time for thrifting lately, but did find this shirt today. i know Faconnable doesn't get much love around here, but their patterns are consistently BALLIN.

I rather like Faconnable if I must admit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads