• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice finds, especially on the Kiton! I've yet to find a Kiton item in a thrift
baldy[1].gif

Staatsoper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by canuckstyle

all these items are in great shape and are better in person , sorry for my crap photo taking.
most ties look unworn i think they are all good quality ties. in the past i would have just cherry picked 2-3 and left the rest.
hope i can sell some of these , because now i have way more ties than i need.

anyways since you guys have a good eye for this stuff tell me what you think.
and if you want anything here pm me

also picked up a midnight blue shawl collar tux jacket , that will be for flipping

The Kiton is def. worth selling either on eBay or B&S, among the ties maybe only the Borrelli, solely in my own experience. Kitons are scarce, in four years of thrifting I've found just one jacket and a few ties. Brioni jackets and suits? 15 or 16 altogether, not counting the 3 or 4 I left because of shine and/or moth holes.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't figure it out myself. I've been thrifting for about 10 years now. It's more scarce here because there isn't a retailer here in Minnesota that sells Kiton (which I don't really understand as they sell Brioni and it does quite well). I know it's around because several other MN thrifters have found multiple Kiton pieces.

DoTheGrownup

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
I can't figure it out myself. I've been thrifting for about 10 years now. It's more scarce here because there isn't a retailer here in Minnesota that sells Kiton (which I don't really understand as they sell Brioni and it does quite well). I know it's around because several other MN thrifters have found multiple Kiton pieces.

Neiman-Marcus in Minneapolis sells Kiton.

dahl5yankees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder if this will be a big week for thrifting as people are reminded to donate for tax purposes.
Stopped into GW and only had 10 minutes to spare, Bam!

5 recent Zegna shirts
1 Etro shirt
1 Burberry shirt
1 Robert Graham
1 Ike Behar for Neiman Marcus
1 Faconnable

Temujin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonylumpkin
I've had a couple PMs regarding these shoes that have refered to them as croc. They weren't calling me out on listing them as alligator, just comments like: "beautiful pair of crocs", etc.

I'm no expert in exotics, but I thought they were alligator and was told they are alligator. Since I have them listed in B&S as alligator, I'd really like to know if I'm wrong so I can correct the listing. Any other opinions?

Just put "croc/gator".

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by canuckstyle
went to one off the best producing thrifts caouple days ago.
recently decided to try and make my clothing habit at least self supporting. so i picked up a Kiton DB suit

took a quick pic of the jacket. it is actually brown and in really nice shape.
does this have potential to flip?
also a Brioni SC sorry no pics it at the cleaners.
and the tie dept was good to me too.

L-R zegna, harry rosen, robert talbott best of class
http://[IMG]http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j448/dlajoie/dscn1106.jpg[/IMG]
luigi borrelli napoli-zegna-enrico ricci

luciano barbera-enro-firenze-gianluca isaia

this one has a cool texture its made by ferre.

all these items are in great shape and are better in person , sorry for my crap photo taking.
most ties look unworn i think they are all good quality ties. in the past i would have just cherry picked 2-3 and left the rest.
hope i can sell some of these , because now i have way more ties than i need.

anyways since you guys have a good eye for this stuff tell me what you think.
and if you want anything here pm me

also picked up a midnight blue shawl collar tux jacket , that will be for flipping

thats a nice borelli tie, is it 7fold? and are you selling or keeping?

HSMFan

Reaction score
Inspired by this thread I hit the local thrift store about a month ago. Didn't find anything my size but did see a nice custom made suit, unfortunately was not my size. I tried again last week and found a nice HSM Gold Trumpeter in my size for $20. I'll need to have the waist let out, the hem dropped and have the jacket waist taken in, but I happy with my find.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Nataku,not to rub it in but theres nothing like it,quite orgasmic actually

EBTX66

Reaction score
Really? Wow - I thought they only sold Brioni. I haven't been in the store in aeons. Last time I was in there they just had Brioni and Isaia for nicer tailored clothing.

I would have thought you guys had stores that sold them: the one time I was in the Twin Cities I saw a BNWT's Kiton for $750 at the Last Call or Off 5th (can't remember which) that's on the main street just down from the Target headquarters. I was in there because - seriously - it was 17 below.
cold[1].gif

Don't feel bad. We probably have 3-4 stores in Dallas that sell Kiton, and Stanley Korshak has a in-store Kiton boutique, yet in two years of thrifting I've only found two Kiton ties. I just think that - probably because of us - everyone seems to know that is a holy grail label so they get snatched up. I've seen a few on eBay from here so I think every "pro" has that label on their radar.

Stewie

Reaction score
I picked up a couple vests that I'm happy about, since I have been wanting a couple nice ones. They both fit great.

2011-04-18%2020.01.19.jpg
2011-04-18%2020.01.59.jpg
The pic on the right is closer to the color.

2011-04-18%2020.04.51.jpg

And I couldn't pass these two coats up...straight up vintage rock and roll! And they fit! too bad my rock and roll days have come and gone!

2011-04-18%2020.12.24.jpg
2011-04-18%2020.13.22.jpg
Vintage Lord & Taylor!

2011-04-18%2020.08.36.jpg
2011-04-18%2020.10.02.jpg
Velvet Paisley!!! Made by PBM?

D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads