1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I have a question on this find: Dolce & Gabbana mainline suit. Took a small gamble on this. Definitely not a Brioni/Kiton quality-wise. No handwork at all that I can spot. Half-canvass construction. Not sure if it's the real deal. Trousers waistband lining says "Dolce & Gabbana" in black lettering on a white background. Both trousers and jacket have the label in the photo. Lining says "Dolce & Gabbana". Perhaps one of our resident experts can chime in and help me out.

Nat, thats real, dates to about 2002 ish.

2. Larson McCord

Larson McCord Senior Member

It still to this day amazes me the things that just get donated/discarded. That deerskin loro piana is listed right now on ebay. Its up to 2450 and there's still a full 24 hrs left LOL

And reserve not met LOL, you are really gonna bank on that thing.

3. csoukoulis

csoukoulis Senior Member

And reserve not met LOL, you are really gonna bank on that thing.

I set the reserve at 3 grand thinking it would hit like 1800, then relist it for a couple hundred more than the highest bid with a buy it now. Now i'm just gonna leave it LOL

4. Nataku

Nataku Distinguished Member

Nat, thats real, dates to about 2002 ish.

Thanks (to Mainy as well) for the help! I'm kinda lost when it comes to big-label fashion stuff that is often counterfeited.

It still to this day amazes me the things that just get donated/discarded. That deerskin loro piana is listed right now on ebay. Its up to 2450 and there's still a full 24 hrs left LOL

[​IMG] [​IMG]

That's insane! That there is probably a once-in-a-lifetime score right there! I could use one of those right about now and pay my car off..... [​IMG]

5. csoukoulis

csoukoulis Senior Member

Thanks (to Mainy as well) for the help! I'm kinda lost when it comes to big-label fashion stuff that is often counterfeited.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

That's insane! That there is probably a once-in-a-lifetime score right there! I could use one of those right about now and pay my car off..... [​IMG]

Yea i already have 2 things i want to buy since my Trans Am is old (1998) and paid for lol

AR-15
    Lots of ammo [​IMG]

6. Nataku

Since a decent one runs about $800-$1000, you could easily make those a reality!

7. csoukoulis

csoukoulis Senior Member

Since a decent one runs about $800-$1000, you could easily make those a reality!

Im planning on spending about 700 out the door from my dealer on an optics ready s&w m&p15

8. Ulyanov

Ulyanov Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lurked on and off for a bit now, decided to post after this. Found a Sy Devore Blazer in good condition today that fit's me almost perfectly (normally wear a 42r, not sure of this one's measurements), any idea what this would be worth?

9. Nataku

Im planning on spending about 700 out the door from my dealer on an optics ready s&w m&p15

That's a pretty good deal! Have fun! [​IMG]

10. worldrunner

worldrunner Senior Member

Best day of thrifting ever. Picked up an excellent condition brooks brothers makers grey pinstripe suit. 39r and 32waist. I am normally a 40l, but this was just to good to pass up. May be willing to consider offers. I will post pictures tomorrow!

11. crazyrabbits

crazyrabbits Member

The second time I hit up a Talize in my city (Mississauga, Ontario), I found a very nice Mexx brown pinstripe suit (44R, 36x30 pants). Normally $30, but since it was everything half-price that day, it was only $15. I've also found some pretty good dress shirts (Boss, Sean John, Hilfiger), but nothing truly mind-blowing.

12. frenchy

frenchy In Time Out

The second time I hit up a Talize in my city (Mississauga, Ontario), I found a very nice Mexx brown pinstripe suit (44R, 36x30 pants). Normally $30, but since it was everything half-price that day, it was only $15. I've also found some pretty good dress shirts (Boss, Sean John, Hilfiger), but nothing truly mind-blowing.

lol dude thats frenchys turf,you know the value village right beside it?
    found 4 like new brioni sport coats on friday.although I think one is a suit jacket.alll single breasted two buttond with double vents....

13. frenchy

frenchy In Time Out

ps if anyone is a 40 short and you are in the toronto area PM me and i will tell you where i saw a brand new Kiton 2 button single breasted orphan suit jacket today.
    its a 42 but runs small to a 40,short stuff is a hard sell so i didnt bother picking it up (yes thrifting is that good here that i leave kiton stuff behind)...dont ask me to proxy its out of my way,waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of my way.

14. breakfasteatre

breakfasteatre Distinguished Member

kiton ending up in a canadian thrift store is interesting, just like the 15 steven alan button ups i found in orillia

15. frenchy

frenchy In Time Out

kiton ending up in a canadian thrift store is interesting, just like the 15 steven alan button ups i found in orillia

i see alan every other day,kiton every other month

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.