• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Alexj1100
Cheers to you on this sunny Californ-ia day

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been a weird few weeks. Not much as far as quantity, but a lot of stuff for myself!

Most everything is N/A, but drop me a PM if you're interested in something.

Missoni sweater - N/A

Ann Demeulemeester Rayon/Cotton Trouser - N/A

CDG Homme Plus Wide Wale Cord Trouser - N/A

And a nice little bonus!

Helmut Lang Moleskin Trouser - N/A

MHL Chambray Shirtdress - S - Possibly dibsed for silverwearbandit

Beat to hell vintage work jacket - N/A

I've been looking for one of these forever:

Vintage duster chore coat - N/A

And for you former hardcore dudes, the most 90s shirt I've seen in recent memory:

Sheer Terror LS tee - Available.

Finally got around to shooting better photos of the PRL leather from a while back.

I've realize there's really no reason for me to keep this, so it's going on the 'Bay tomorrow. If anyone is interested, get at me!

PRL Rider Jacket - S - Available.

OG price tag in the pocket!

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey guys! as a new thrifter there is something i have to ask... i didn't find the answer in the forum, but maybe it's because i lack the necessary clothes/stores vocabulary for a precise search.
what is the difference between a sport jacket with a brand name, for example an EZ jacket, and another one with "EZ for Neiman Marcus, or Bergdorf Goodman (or whatever else store)". is there a difference in price, quality? do department stores make special commands to top brands?

thanks guys!
EZ can also just be the cloth, so it will be a Neiman Marcus blazer with EZ cloth, but made by someone else entirely. Maybe you already knew that, but chiming in to be helpful.

At BR outlet, I just got 2 non iron slim fit staple blue shirts and 2 pair of socks for $1.28. Not bad for some beater/travel clothes.

Quite pissed that the BB outlet had 1818 harris tweed blazers for about $80 in every size but mine.
$1.28 That's a crazy deal, is that a typo?

Thrift.

Church's Custom Grade

Help reading this writing?
Oh, that's my name, they have my name written all over them thanks for finding them for me.
biggrin.gif

Can I bug you guys for an authenticity check on a scarf
shoot, didn't realize they were so blurry. edges looked machine stitched. not at thrift, but no guarantee of authenticity, can get better pics if it's close.

?

TJhambone09

Reaction score

$1.28 That's a crazy deal, is that a typo?

Nope. 1 paper Washington, 1 metal Washington, 3 metal Lincolns.

Shirts were marked $11.99 each x 50% off = $11.99. Socks were $5.99 each x 70% off = $3.59. Subtotal $15.58. Plus tax @ 4.5% $0.70 = $16.28. Birthday coupon $15 off any purchase = $1.28.

Edit: I would have grabbed more but this stuff was on the clearance rack, the only other shirts in my size were god awful patterns. I just grabbed the socks to get me up to the $15.

Last edited:

evolutionofRW

Reaction score
EZ can also just be the cloth, so it will be a Neiman Marcus blazer with EZ cloth, but made by someone else entirely. Maybe you already knew that, but chiming in to be helpful.

$1.28 That's a crazy deal, is that a typo?

Oh, that's my name, they have my name written all over them thanks for finding them for me.
biggrin.gif

Can I bug you guys for an authenticity check on a scarf
shoot, didn't realize they were so blurry. edges looked machine stitched. not at thrift, but no guarantee of authenticity, can get better pics if it's close.

?
That scarf looks fake to me. The hand rolled edges are wrong. I've never seen that logo on the content tag on any Hermes scarf before and the pattern doesn't look as detailed and as brilliant as it should but that could be due to the pics. I have found/flipped at least 5 real Hermes scarves in my last two years of thrifting but by no means am I an expert.

staxringold

Reaction score
No pics, but some casual Cole Haans for me (decent shoes in my size are a rarity), springy J Crew tie, and a trad purple Barneys house label (Made in Italy)

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hermes is fake
That scarf looks fake to me. The hand rolled edges are wrong. I've never seen that logo on the content tag on any Hermes scarf before and the pattern doesn't look as detailed and as brilliant as it should but that could be due to the pics. I have found/flipped at least 5 real Hermes scarves in my last two years of thrifting but by no means am I an expert.
Thanks gentlemen, didn't buy, will tell seller to check authenticity, see if they man up or sell anyways.

evolutionofRW

Reaction score
It has been a great couple of weeks. This isn't even a portion of everything that I have gotten recently.

I'll start off with these three pairs of kicks that I picked up at thrift prices and all minty fresh. The Jordans were unworn. I am a former sneaker head so I get excited when I find kicks like this. These are all gone already.

Nike Blazer SBs (Vanilla Ices)

Nike Dunk SBs (Patagonias)

Jordan Spizike IDs Unworn

Kids Hunter boots

Orvis battenkill (?) bag with a sick patina

Canali tie NWT and bought at thrift prices!

Brioni for Barney's suit size 44L

A sick shoe haul..Top to bottom left to right: AE Grayson 10D, AE Grayson 10D, AE Glasgow 10D, AE Canterbury 10D, AE Park Avenue 8.5 EEE, RL Purple label penny loafers size 13D, Frye Sneakers, AE loafers (no name on them), Cole Haan black suede horse bits made in Italy..All of the AE's are minty fresh..

I have sooooo much more...I'll post more later tonight..

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
After a month of nothing at the same spot, scored today. Highlights: 2x brioni blazer, 1 x sulka . . . . SUIT

You can't find that stuff and NOT post pictures!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads