• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JL4nd
Found a Dior Sweater and a pair of Weejuns that had pennies in them. Could use some cleaning up but they're not too bad.
IMG-20101028-00029.jpg

And I see you're just pocketing the pennies for a discount... Looks like those just need a good polish.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Guitar Preacher
Neil Barrett band collar XL shirt. Is it worth the time to put this on ebay? I see alot of Neil Barrett on ebay but it appears to be BNWT outwear and boots. Kind of a weird find.

_DSC0172.jpg

Nice. I love finding the non-mainstream fashion labels, mostly because I hardly ever find them. I see Brioni/Isaia/etc more often that some of that stuff. Most recently were some white Issey Miyake and Yohji Yamamoto shirts I had happened across. In my 8 years of thrifting, this was the first I had ever seen of these labels in person.

Kitontini

Reaction score
Hi Everybody! Brand new, Just signed up. I wanted to share what I've found at various Goodwills.

1.) The Best Deals I've Ever Got! 2 Kiton Sportcoats. Both are 90% Cashmere and 10% Linen. One was Blue and the other was Green. The Blue one was $5 and the Green one was $10. Both had Working Button Holes. Got them at the same store!
bounce2.gif

2.) Dolcepunta 11 Fold Tie. Got this for only $1! Wasn't in Perfect Shape but was in Good Condition.

3.) Brioni Pleated Patchwork Tie. Got this for only $3. Was in Perfect Condition; Never been worn.

4.) Stefano Ricci Pleated Tie. Got this for only $2. Was in Perfect Condition; Never been worn.

5.) Sulka Sportcoat. 100% Cashmere. Got this for only $4.

Found alot more stuff from a whole bunch of thrift stores but those are my favorites!

rayxlui

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kitontini
Hi Everybody! Brand new, Just signed up. I wanted to share what I've found at various Goodwills.

1.) The Best Deals I've Ever Got! 2 Kiton Sportcoats. Both are 90% Cashmere and 10% Linen. One was Blue and the other was Green. The Blue one was $5 and the Green one was $10. Both had Working Button Holes. Got them at the same store!
bounce2.gif

2.) Dolcepunta 11 Fold Tie. Got this for only $1! Wasn't in Perfect Shape but was in Good Condition.

3.) Brioni Pleated Patchwork Tie. Got this for only $3. Was in Perfect Condition; Never been worn.

4.) Stefano Ricci Pleated Tie. Got this for only $2. Was in Perfect Condition; Never been worn.

5.) Sulka Sportcoat. 100% Cashmere. Got this for only $4.

Found alot more stuff from a whole bunch of thrift stores but those are my favorites!

NICE!Pics of the Kitons and Sulka please!

Kitontini

Reaction score
Here are the pictures of th Green Kiton Sportcoat, The Blue one looked just like this but a royal blue. I sadly dont have the Sulka Sportcoat anymore. It was just your basic Camel Colored Two Button Sportcoat....

dahl5yankees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had to hunt a lot today but ended up with;

new old stock Red Wing Boots 10.5D model 607

Etro flannel shirt sz 39

new? Robert Graham shirt sz L

all three on Ebay

Dahl5yankees

rayxlui

Reaction score
Went thrifting for my halloween costume. Found two Oxxford sports coats, one in pure cashmere, the other silk cashmere blend in 40R for 17 each. Didn't pick them up, needed money for the costume! So RAGEEEEE/

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Busy for two weeks and I am jealous of you guys. Will come back with a vengeance!!!!

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Finally had a decent day.

2 Zegna dress shirts (one made in Spain, one Turkey)
Robert Talbott 'Trim' white button down in airy royal oxford fabric
J Crew casual 'Vintage' cords

And a few things I'll be passing along:
Canali sportshirt (L)
2 Brooks Brothers luxury dress shirts (made in USA of Italian fabric)
Willis & Geiger cotton A-2 jacket (L)

PurpleD

Reaction score
Having recently changed my sartorial habits, I've not done much in the way of thrifting for better clothing, so my only score to date was a couple of years ago at the Vanners mill shop, where I picked up three Duchamp ties for about $30. I was there last year, but their selection was a bit dry...will be going again this December, so hopefully there will be more. Will also pick up some cufflinks at great prices now that I own shirts with french cuffs...

Silk21.jpg

dahl5yankees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, I just realized that once Halloween is over, thrift stores should settle back
in to giving up her treasures. It's been busy at the stores, have had to work
extra hard. Found a decent Burberry suit today, on Ebay.

Dahl5yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads