• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larson McCord

Reaction score
Originally Posted by greekgeek
Well I had planned on wearing the burgandy one, now i will need to think about it. Beat down from a IAHFIAWU local member does not sound appealing.
boxing[1].gif

if you know the secret handshake there is no problem.

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bought some paisley ties today at the thrift store:

Red paisley Brooks Brothers tie

Blue paisley Brooks Brothers tie

Maroon paisley Christian Dior tie

only 7 dolla

dahl5yankees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A week in review,

14 Thomas Pink Shirts
1 Etro Shirt
1 Robert Graham Shirt
5 Ermengildo Zegna Shirts
2 Tommy Bahama Shirts LS
1 Sulka Shirt
1 Kuhlman Shirt

I love you Good Will!

Many are listed on Ebay

Dahl5yankees

dahl5yankees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This morning,

1 Brioni
1 Barba Napoli
1 RLPL

thankfully chain for profit thrift store didn't overprice these

dahl5yankees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea, it was funny I was complaining with another couple customers about how
overpriced Unique Thrift was and all of a sudden I got a Brioni and a miniute
later Barba, $6 each.

I think I softened my tone after that,

haha!

JG000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Larson McCord
Excellent day today, found a beautiful Zegna traveler sport coat in mid gray with a tone on tone microcheck pattern $5

Where are you guys finding this stuff, seriously?

The only thrift shop I know of in my area is a Salvation Army that is 98% junk. Finding a Today's Man jacket is a win.

To top it off, I live in one of the top 10 wealthiest counties in the country, so I should have no trouble finding the same deals you guys do.

Any suggestions?

Larson McCord

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JG000
Where are you guys finding this stuff, seriously?

The only thrift shop I know of in my area is a Salvation Army that is 98% junk. Finding a Today's Man jacket is a win.

To top it off, I live in one of the top 10 wealthiest counties in the country, so I should have no trouble finding the same deals you guys do.

Any suggestions?

You have to go a lot. I go to these stores WAY too often. I can hit 5 stores and find nothing but then hit one and someone has given away Zegna sport coats and Kiton ties. A thrift is only as good as what's being donated of course. I live in NC and the thrifting is very good. Of course some of these guys finding brand new with tags bespoke suits is crazy but finding Zegna, Brooks Brothers, Polo and other really good brands happens here fairly frequently.

justinsmnz

Reaction score
I've been thrifting a pretty decent amount of casual clothes lately. Mostly because I rarely wear a suit. I've certainly stocked my wardrobe with enough PRL button downs and shorts to last me a good while.

The only reason I say this is because someone complimented my shirt tonight and I secretly thought that it only cost me 2 bucks. I really see no reason to even go to a mall anymore, haha.

Temujin

Reaction score
Found some nice items:
2 pairs of Aldens 7.5
1 pr vint. Fl Imp. Long wings in a -tan color sz 9
AE bl Sanfords 9
FL Imp short wings burgundy 9.5
Fl vint Imp Long wings dk brown, possibly shell 7.5
wh IKE NY shirt for me
Canali Proposta sport coat for me
Zegna suit charcoal w/purple windowpane marked as a 46, but it is actually my size!

dinogj

Reaction score
Salvatore Ferragamo plain toe balmorals....$5 they are in great condition...gonna use them myself.

Temujin

Reaction score
Here is a link to my finds mentioned above. I forgot to mention a Tom James Sport Coat w/ surgeon's cuffs in my size. Curious if the buttons have any special meaning? Looks like oak leaves. The buttons are made in England. Also a Charles Hill made in England tie. Passed on several suits that had the makers tags torn out. On a whim, I looked at the metal clasps on the the pants and all had the "HF" for Hickey Freeman, but don't know if it was theirs or Burberry or if they possibly even make other stuff.

http://img138.imageshack.us/g/shoes837.jpg/

Larson McCord

Reaction score
picked up a taupe Hickey Freeman Oakbrook suit today. Found the orphan jacket then unbelievably the pants were on the first rack I scoured.

Also a couple of zipper sweaters, one polo navy and a Brooks Bros navy with mustard, forest and wine stripes, looks better in person than it sounds. And a Zegna pink dress shirt, it says 18 but I am a 16.5 and it fits, so not sure how their sizing goes. It has a spread collar and folded over cuffs (like french cuffs) but with really thick buttons. What is the secret to buttoning these things when it's on? It is impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads