• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I laughed loud at that^.

38R is in firm lead in scavenger hunt. He tagged Barbour, Schott, Gloverall, and Filson. Amazing! DanM got a T&A130 155 dollars already donated to hurricane relief btw scavenger hunt and thrift fits. I also thank the donor from AAAC if he peeks here.

There is still time to beat 38 in his own game. Come on people, wakey wakey!

Last edited:

FaceOfBoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Originally Posted by Kid Nickels /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Jaeger is kind of an old school English brand that used to make pretty solid stuff but like many brands got ******. They were bought up by some company a few years back and have tried to make a comeback.

This is definitely not what I wanted to hear. Looked so quality though! Thanks for the input.

Could be dead stock thought and you have yourself some vintage. I found one NWOT with the biggest MOP buttons ever - like saucers - (well not really but they were big!). The thing about old cashmere is it is warm! If you like it then wear it.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, this is my first. It's not in perfect shape, but I'm not going to pass up a Can LP unless it's destroyed. On the same note, I found my first Ash Ra Tempel LP ("Seven Up" with Tim Leary) this year as well (also not in perfect shape, but ya know, I'm still going to buy dat ****). I scored the entire Kraftwerk catalogue in minty shape about 2 years ago at a garage sale, too. Still looking to pop my Neu! and Popol Vuh cherries. :happy:
A) I'll post the IRL hauls later tonight. B)... Enormous e-thrifting win. Been wanting these for ages! Hope they fit! :D http://www.ebay.com/itm/111222802588
If they don't, you know who to call. :D
Anyone know what model this is? I looked at the website, but the different models all look pretty similar to me. Not available.
That my friend, is the Trialmaster. I scooped one of those off the B&S a few months back, and not only is if ******* bad ass, but I get complements on it's badasserry every time I wear it. Good pickup!

Henry Boogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jaeger is kind of an old school English brand that used to make pretty solid stuff but like many brands got ******. They were bought up by some company a few years back and have tried to make a comeback.

I recently found a nice brown Jaeger suit that was clearly produced by Hickey Freeman.....that's really all that I can add to this conversation. :satisfied:

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Welcome to SF, and welcome to the joyful madness that is the thrift thread! This is where I got my start, and I haven't left yet. Don't get discouraged when you bring home stuff that doesn't get the oohs and aahs, that's part of learning. Moreover, if it fits, it doesn't much matter who made it! (Barring truly hideous stuff like polyester suits) Ultimately, you need to enjoy it more than we need to "approve" of it. But trust me, if you stick to this, you'll be pretty good three months from now. If you keep at it a year (about how long I've been doing it now) thrifting will become one neverending adventure with free money and awesome clothes all over the place! :D

Oh yeah, and the community itself is pretty effing rad. They brought me into the world of sartorial enlightenment, and gave me a great time while they were at it!

Somethingsfishy, This should be an automatic message to every noob who joins the thread. I think it would decrease the monthly fight that always happens :slayer:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Last edited:

DeadBoy

Reaction score
Did not have the time to flip through all 5685 pages...

What does this mean? If you have time to post, and time to go out and thrift, surely you have time to read a few pages of a thread? It would save you money, time (that would have been wasted inspecting crap on the thrift store racks, and then returning or re-donating said crappy items) and closet space, and it would save everyone else here from having to sift through yet another newbie junk haul post. In other words, win-win-win. You don't need to read all 6,000, but read a few hundred.

Haven't picked up all that much lately. Been pretty dry or severely overpriced.

Engineered Garments Cotton/Wool Herringbone Popover - Tagged Small (maybe women's?), fits like a men's XS (Available)

I doubt that's womens... doesn't really look like the kind of thing any woman would wear. Sizing seems consistent with EG.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sparrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Was going to sell this but started measuring and found it's my size! Was about to ethrift a Ralph Lauren sweater but no need now !

... Still might get the rl ..

Last edited:

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I doubt that's womens... doesn't really look like the kind of thing any woman would wear. Sizing seems consistent with EG.

Yeah. I think it just runs a little smaller since it's a popover. Just threw me off since basically all small EG stuff I've put on has fit well. A gnarly piece anyway.

Last edited:

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I laughed loud at that^.

38R is in firm lead in scavenger hunt. He tagged Barbour, Schott, Gloverall, and Filson. Amazing! DanM got a T&A130 155 dollars already donated to hurricane relief btw scavenger hunt and thrift fits. I also thank the donor from AAAC if he peeks here.

There is still time to beat 38 in his own game. Come on people, wakey wakey!

For individual donations to hurricane relief, here is the link which accept paypal. Every dollar counts.

CARE
https://my.care.org/site/Donation2?...940&15940.donation=form1&15940_donation=form1

AMERICARES

https://secure.americares.org/site/Donation2?df_id=14040&14040.donation=form1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pixelized