• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Found possibly my most favoritest thrift find yet (N/A): Full Norfolk jacket in minty condition, made by... Yum. A few more details for those that are interested:
Reverse hand-warmer pockets? Anyone know what these are for?
Oh wow! Simply stunning! Just.......fantastic.... :worship2: :worship: :drool: :fonz:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, how do I follow that? One stop today and only one find, but I'll take it! PRL burgundy grenadine with cream colored silk polka-dots.

OliT

Reaction score
Nice looking Boglioli suit ending in a bit on a Swedish auction site. No bids, $110 opening. Can proxy (heading overseas in a couple of weeks) for some good karma.
http://www.tradera.com/boglioli-neapolitansk-for-sommaren-full-canvas-auktion_164003_187012765

Full canvas according to seller. Tagged 54. Pants missing one button.

Length: 78cm, shoulders: 47cm, chest: 59cm, waist: 55cm, sleeves: 60cm
pants length: 104cm, inseam: 47cmx2, leg opening: 21cm

Not affiliated.

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We've just returned from our whirlwind tour of the mountains of Europe... The only cities we visited were Ljubljana, Salzburg and Munich. It was a blast cycling through the Pyrenees, French Alps, Italian Alps, Dolomites, and the Slovenian countryside. Back to the "grind" this afternoon.

I have a ton of pictures to go through and process, so I'll just leave you with an image of the latest fashion in Munich...

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We've just returned from our whirlwind tour of the mountains of Europe... The only cities we visited were Ljubljana, Salzburg and Munich. It was a blast cycling through the Pyrenees, French Alps, Italian Alps, Dolomites, and the Slovenian countryside. Back to the "grind" this afternoon. I have a ton of pictures to go through and process, so I'll just leave you with an image of the latest fashion in Munich...
I'd wear that. The one on the left. :D

dexconstruct

Reaction score
Looking trustworthy (RICH) when going to the bank thrift fit.

Charcoal gray suit from Brooks Bros (ebay)
Contrast collar script label PRL (thrift)
Brioni orange tie (consignment shop)
Turnbull & Asser square (props to LeSacre)
Argyle socks (gift)
Shell cordovan longwings (vintage from ebay, 10 bucks)

timmygoestothez

Reaction score
Vintage Sierra Designs 60/40 Parka. Fits well, so not available. I think I probably would have skipped over this one (it's tagged a large; i'm usually a medium) unless I had remembered seeing a pic of eazye wearing one of these a while back. Same color and everything. Thanks, eazy! Hah.

Also, I have a pair of kicking mule workshop jeans in size 33L that I got from randomore in a trade a while back. They're super cool, but I've decided that they're a little too big in the butt for me. If anyone has any 33-ish x 33.5-ish jeans they're interested in trading, drop me a PM!

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Edit: I actually have almost that complete look in my closet right now.
facepalm.gif

Yeah, my wife and I had a kick walking around the shopping district of Munich on Tuesday night looking at price tags on the window displays... I'll post a few more later, the Tour de France pictures get the priority...
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Vintage Sierra Designs 60/40 Parka. Fits well, so not available. I think I probably would have skipped over this one (it's tagged a large; i'm usually a medium) unless I had remembered seeing a pic of eazye wearing one of these a while back. Same color and everything. Thanks, eazy! Hah.
:fistbump: Kept the best one for myself and I love it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads