• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

a 1911 would be such a better thrift though :thumbs-up:

Speaking of that, I just got back from a family vacation and my dad gave me this, which originally belonged to my great great grandfather. Colt USGI M1911, made in 1918:

Hoping to get back into the swing of things with a good find at lunch today, and hopefully a nice haul this weekend.

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Armani Collezioni black sport jacket size 48L found thrifting this week. Its listed on Ebay if anyone is interested.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Speaking of that, I just got back from a family vacation and my dad gave me this, which originally belonged to my great great grandfather. Colt USGI M1911, made in 1918:

Hoping to get back into the swing of things with a good find at lunch today, and hopefully a nice haul this weekend.
Sweet!

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

div25sec9

Reaction score

Speaking of jobs, and I know this is a thread derail but I'd like to hear your opinion on my conundrum.

Currently working for a company that pays ok but great benefits very accomodating for my school schedule and is just a very easy job.

Or...

Got a job offer that pays more than double... But very intense managing a territory of retail locations that involves long hours, lots of travel and no chance of continuing my school. Not in my career choice but pays what I would make once I graduated anyway...

I just moved and got married so this decision is killing me...

you may have gotten tons of replies already, but I thought I'd chime in....DO NOT take this job! In a couple years you will find that the money you make over what you would have gotten had you stayed the path is not worth it. Right now you may think "I can use $X for this or $Y for that", but once you have gotten those items, the hours, travel, and compromise you made will wear at you. You will be wishing you could get back to this decision point.

Compromise for money will ALWAYS leave you with regret

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads