• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could only hit two GW's today, and an indie place that was a waste of time. Not much...all NA.

Slightly better pic of the Rossound.

Bally's - maybe too crinkly to flip.

Thule commuter organizer. Same store had a Kelty backpack at $85 - koff koff!

Harold Powell Italy.

First for me - vintage Barneys NY Harris Tweed by Seinsheimer.

NWT Lands End herringbone trousers.

Wimmins: Proenza Schouler - yay! "For Target" - boo!

Wimmins: Orvis denim coat.

Virgin fest tshirt:

PRL microfiber coat.

Ale81 sweatshirt.

Ingram - yikes!!

Miller Bros - fave local shop.

McKenzie tribe Indian madras for me.

NWT BB wimmin's shirt.

Barbour for me.

Wimmin's: Orvis Mohair/wool blend sweater.

Marmot.

Rugby RL.

NWT Banana Republic unstructured blazer.

Vintage Phish tour shirt, 1999 / Y2K.

Viyella for me.

Orvis.

BB flannel for me.

BB plaid for me.

Versace Versus.

Last edited:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nataku...what size is the dead t-shirt????
Vintage XL so fits like a slim L. Had a lot of interest on this one and has been sold.
Nice find on the Jean Shop! A local discount store has a bunch of raw selvedge Jean Shop jeans for $20. Kicker: they're women's. :fu: Tried to get a pair for my wife but she said "If they're those stupid stiff-as-a-board jeans that you like, I don't want them". :plain:
Hey Nat, that j crew I believe is just a SC. I found one earlier his year, exact same. Sold for about 120$ during spring. Good finds all around.
Cool, thanks! I really like it and it fits but I don't really need a plain gray blazer.
@nataku awesome find on the WWM upland shirt!
Thanks man! It's definitely a keeper - one of my new favorites. Wish it would cool down so I could wear it, but the cool weather will find us here in Minnesota soon enough.
I've answered yes, and the secret to my youthful appearance is clean living and staying out of direct sunlight. Still haven't gotten the discount.
:lol:
Hi everyone! I've been thrifting for a while now, mainly for flipping, and I came across this thread last night. I've scrolled through numerous pages and love looking at everyone's finds. Thought I would post a couple of the my own from this morning. Sugarcane Selvedge & Florsheim Imperials
Welcome aboard! Score on the SC jeans! Paid up retail (well, Japanese retail which is slightly cheaper than here) for mine in Tokyo last fall. Love em!
Insta-fricking-kop with a cherry on top. Russound CAM6.6 amp/tuner/controller. Dusty with a few minor scuffs. Sorry for the crappy pics. Definitely NA.
:wow: That is insane! Wow!
Oh man... Just got two pieces that I'm really excited about...
:lurk:
PRL microfiber coat.
This screams knock-off to me.

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did a little bit of DIY in my room... Thrift related because all of the ties are either thrifted myself or from people on here

Took two vintage wood wall hanging paper towel rolls used them as tie hangers and I don't think it looks too shabby...
More to come on my thrifty redecorating later...

wcl

Reaction score

Could only hit two GW's today, and an indie place that was a waste of time. Not much...all NA. PRL microfiber coat.
+1 You should probably set fire to it to make sure it is authentic. :p

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is insane! Wow!
lurker[1].gif

This screams knock-off to me.

Re: the Russound, the tag was dated 7/13...so it sat for a week, patiently waiting for me - crazy find at a GW.

I thought the same re: the PRL microfiber coat - weird label with diagonal stitching I'd never seen on a blue label before. On the other hand, the pony was detailed and dimensional (fakes I have seen are very sloppy and flat), same colored thread to attach the label (fakes I've seen often have off-color thread or monofilament [like fishing line]). But secondary sizing label is odd. Either a very good fake, or real. Dunno.... no problem tossing if fake.

Last edited:

JL3212

Reaction score
Some pretty awesome finds lately. ATLNoob, the Russound is an amazing pick up.

Not much here lately. Few Harris Tweeds. Recent Woolrich coat. These Antonio Maurizis (43EUR) (available):

spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
Vinyl records available

I am cutting back on my record collection. I have ALOT that I'm getting rid of. A lot of more obscure classic rock stuff, but some 80's music, pop, and some jazz too. I know a few other people are interested in vinyl so I wanted to mention that these are available for trade/cash. I can list all that are available in a PM but here is a sample:
Prince - Purple Rain
Michael Jackson - Bad
Star Wars - The Empire Strikes Back Soundtrack
Genesis - Nursery Cryme

Steve Miller Band - Fly Like an Eagle
Fillmore - the Last Days (has Santana, Grateful Dead, Hot Tuna)
Led Zeppelin -- IN through the out door
Faces - A nod is as good as a wink
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
The English Beat - Special Beat Service
The Edgar Winter Group - They Only Come Out at Night
Stephen Bishop - Careless
Elvin Bishop - Raisin Hell (Live)
Hoyt Axton - Snowblind Friend; Free Sailin
Mothers of Invention - Ruben and the Jets
Zappa - Chunga's Revenge
Wishbone Ash - Self Titled
Johnny Winters And - Live
West, Bruce, & Laing - Why Dontcha
Ten Years After - Ssssh.
Ian Hunter - Welcome to the Club (Live)
Steve Goodman - Words We Can Dance To
Rory Gallagher - Live!
Rory Gallagher - Irish Tour '74
Strictly Romantics - Personal

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Polo is fake, sorry mang.

For an audio noob, whats a Russound worth?

Could definitely have been worse - fake Polo ain't gonna bring me down!

That particular Russound ... anywhere from $400 to $600 +/- (the one I grabbed closer to the middle since it doesn't have the intermediary speaker connections). If it had all the keypad controllers and whatnot, upwards of $800 to $1k. Newer models, even more. And nobody is making fake Russound's...

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Could definitely have been worse - fake Polo ain't gonna bring me down!

That particular Russound ... anywhere from $400 to $600 +/- (the one I grabbed closer to the middle since it doesn't have the intermediary speaker connections).  If it had all the keypad controllers and whatnot, upwards of $800 to $1k.  Newer models, even more.   And nobody is making fake Russound's...

DAYUM! Congrats. You really left that sitting for a week?

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Finally got around to listing the LV Uniformes Pants from a few weeks ago.....maybe I should look to get more
lol8[1].gif
All sold within 48 hours of listing. These things are a joke IMO, no one would want them without the little tag that says LV. Now only if the Cartier pants sell this well

Last edited:

Beck

Reaction score
I popped my Ravazzolo cherry today...it is very recent, an amazing 2 button front, side vented sportcoat. size 42R. Feels nicer than the Kiton I had. I thought it was perfect.. Hole-y cow :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads