• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been a pretty lazy poster but here are some (fairly) recent finds.

Ties:

RLPL, RLPL, Kiton, Kiton

YSL RG, YSL RG, Charvet

Church's, Dormeuil, Zegna, Kiton

D&G, Albert Goldberg for Facconnable, Dolcepunta, Dolcepunta

Aquascutum, Zegna, Valentino, Boss

[

Paul Stuart, Brioni, Kiton

Prada, Jil Sander, Paul Smith

Hickey Freeman x4

Grenadine?

Hickey Freeman x4

Zegna, Dolcepunta, Romeo Gigli, Borrelli

Kiton, Fairfax, Fairfax, Drake's

Faconable, Zegna, Robert Talbott, RLPL

Hermes x4

Isaia (I think), Turnbull & Asser, Baldessarini for Hugo Boss

Armani, Kiton, Dolcepunta

Zegna x2, Tom Ford x2

Gucci, Charvet, Ferragamo

Charvet, Zegna, Kiton, Isaia

Gitman, Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana, Stefano Ricci, Brioni

Stop googling pics of designer ties!
censored.gif
Haha, jk...awesome tie collection!!!
bounce2.gif

Pffft, I bet it's at least 4.5 inches wide! HAHA, I'm a hater!
lol8[1].gif

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That feeling when you are ripping through the suits and look over to see a somewhat-competent-looking guy peering closely at ties, since that's your next stop and you are constantly paranoid in a thrift so you hurry over there, only to find a mint, whimsical Hermes tie waiting for you.

And then realize that he was super excited over a Beau Brummel? Yeah, I know that feeling well. I may or may not have become a bit (more) :paranoia: since this hobby started.

That's a lot for a suit/tux IMO unless it's super recent, 1 button, peak lapel, unvented, and in excellent condition. HSM is almost always a pass in my book.

That'd be pretty cheap, 'round these parts.
If it fits you well, you will use it and doesn't stretch your budget, then go for it.

Last edited:

PointDexter2014

Reaction score
Why can't the TJ Max by job carry these brands. That's a hell of a deal for stunning tie. And I love Dolcepunta. One of my favoriate brands.

tonylamer

Reaction score
A few more things worth sharing:

Barbour, made-in-England camouflage sweater. Military issue, although I'm not sure if it's Canadian or English. I can't find any others on the 'net, though I'm sure they're around somewhere:

Marlboro western vest. Leather outer shell, wool inner shell:

Riding boots w/ lasts/trees. Check out the nail pattern on the outsoles. That's not a welt--they're nails.

darkmatter7

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Oh man... Just got two pieces that I'm really excited about...
No pics yet, but I got two Forme D'Expression coats from a legit thrift... and black achilles mids (which are a meager find in comparison to the coats)...

So afterward I went to a sample sale and picked up two pairs of shoes for myself
happy.gif

KVA Surgery Sneakers and Cazabat Combat Boots
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

carlos20co

Reaction score
PM sent

One of the more wearable RG shirts, particular during summer. Kicker is its a size SMALL - first for the thread?

Corneliali made PRL. 32, unaltered. First time seeing a split waistband on PRL pants. Available.

On that note, I know most of you guys pass on the majority of PRL shirts. But if you see anything CUSTOM FIT in S/15 please grab, I'll hook you up (for that matter, grab any custom fit - easy flips).

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few recent pickups. All probably going to Ebay soon.

First, some NIB shoes acquired at the Gilt popup outlet sale they're running here in Louisville for another three weeks or so:

My wife is on her way back from Chicago (way too long of a drive for a Pearl Jam concert, IMO) and she stopped by the popup sale to see if there was anything worth getting. I think all the amazing shoe finds are gone, but she did pick me up some things at 90 percent off, so we'll see what she brings home.

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And then realize that he was super excited over a Beau Brummel? Yeah, I know that feeling well. I may or may not have become a bit (more)
patch[1].gif
since this hobby started.
That'd be pretty cheap, 'round these parts.
If it fits you well, you will use it and doesn't stretch your budget, then go for it.

It's actually in your territory, I saw it at the Red White and Blue in Waterbury on Thursday on my way to Jersey. It is too small for me, I think it was a 40 and I am a 44.

Last edited:

John Sullivan

Reaction score
Only at the GW........I wanted a pair of these as a boy when the Bruins won the Cup in '72, but my Parents couldn't afford them.
Great way to daydream back 40+ yrs. for less than a sawbuck!!

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's actually in your territory, I saw it at the Red White and Blue in Waterbury on Thursday on my way to Jersey. It is too small for me, I think it was a 40 and I am a 44.

(I'm kidding. Or am I?)

Last edited:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Been a pretty lazy poster but here are some (fairly) recent finds.
Ties: RLPL, RLPL, Kiton, Kiton
YSL RG, YSL RG, Charvet
Church's, Dormeuil, Zegna, Kiton
D&G, Albert Goldberg for Facconnable, Dolcepunta, Dolcepunta
Aquascutum, Zegna, Valentino, Boss
[
Paul Stuart, Brioni, Kiton
Prada, Jil Sander, Paul Smith
Hickey Freeman x4
Grenadine?
Hickey Freeman x4
Zegna, Dolcepunta, Romeo Gigli, Borrelli
Kiton, Fairfax, Fairfax, Drake's
Faconable, Zegna, Robert Talbott, RLPL
Hermes x4
Isaia (I think), Turnbull & Asser, Baldessarini for Hugo Boss
Armani, Kiton, Dolcepunta
Zegna x2, Tom Ford x2
Gucci, Charvet, Ferragamo
Charvet, Zegna, Kiton, Isaia
Gitman, Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana, Stefano Ricci, Brioni
My God.....Last time I saw that many high-end ties was when I was in Neiman Marcus before they closed. I haven't found a tie worth buying in months.
Thanks mang. It was at a GW I don't get to very often - my last visit there was about 2 weeks ago...so technically yes I, and everyone else who walked past it, left it sitting a week. Same GW where I grabbed some big ol' McIntosh loudspeakers - I need to make it there more regularly.
Sounds like it could be a hot spot for high end audio gear. A big plus that it seems nobody there knows what the stuff is!
No pics yet, but I got two Forme D'Expression coats from a legit thrift... and black achilles mids (which are a meager find in comparison to the coats)... So afterward I went to a sample sale and picked up two pairs of shoes for myself
happy.gif
KVA Surgery Sneakers and Cazabat Combat Boots
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
Can't wait for pics! :bounce2:

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My God.....Last time I saw that many high-end ties was when I was in Neiman Marcus before they closed. I haven't found a tie worth buying in months.

I was in the Neimans at Lenox (Atlanta) yesterday. Tons of Drakes (passed on two grenadines) Charvet Kiton Isaia Tom Ford Cucinelli all 60% off. I was drooling the entire time. The only things I did pick up were at the 70% off sale at H. Stockton: $6 marcoliani socks and $50 slim fit house label pants.

You ATL dudes are luuuucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads