• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadBoy

Reaction score
This is from about 6 stops over two days.

Pants.....
Canali Charcoal Gabs and Loro Piana Cotton

Shoes....
AE Sanfords and Navy USA Campsides (one of my all time faves), Shoe Trees and old as hell NWT wool Argyles

Sportcoats....
Left to Right Sammy 46R, Brioni 42R , Kamakura, PRL/Corneliani Linen Cotton 42L

The Kamakura is really cool. It is a hopsack that is totally unstructured. Too bad it has a small ding on the lapel that I did not see till I got home
ffffuuuu.gif

Also a Yohji Yamamoto. Can anyone give me any info on this? It was cheap enough, so if it is fake it is no big deal
biggrin.gif

Shirts.....
Clockwise D&G, HUGE T&A Sea Island Cotton, Recent Gant for me, TM Lewin, Boss Selection

Ties.......
Talbott Silk/Wool, Zegna, Zegna, Deadstock Trad, Talbott Repp, No Name Foulard

Yohji looks real to me... don't think it's a really an often faked brand.

wcl

Reaction score

I love that PRL Cotton/Linen jacket a little too small for me. I also love the purple and pink ties... I have a noob question, what do you mean when you call it Deadstock? Also thanks for the info on the Double R popover shirt.

Deadstock generally means NWT, never worn, tried on etc., but quite old.

I forgot to mention I passed on a pair of untouched Alden Shell wingtips for $275. No box, no bags, and 6.5D and that made me pause. I guess I could have opened the auction to Japanese bidders, but I really hate shipping international.

Aidan K

Reaction score
Are these by Thurston? I bought a pair of black braces for formalwear and they have the same content tag.

I don't know, I coudn't spot any other information on them. But thanks for the tip, it might save me some time trying track down more info about them!

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is from about 6 stops over two days.

Pants.....
Canali Charcoal Gabs and Loro Piana Cotton

Shoes....
AE Sanfords and Navy USA Campsides (one of my all time faves), Shoe Trees and old as hell NWT wool Argyles

Sportcoats....
Left to Right Sammy 46R, Brioni 42R , Kamakura, PRL/Corneliani Linen Cotton 42L

The Kamakura is really cool. It is a hopsack that is totally unstructured. Too bad it has a small ding on the lapel that I did not see till I got home
ffffuuuu.gif

Also a Yohji Yamamoto. Can anyone give me any info on this? It was cheap enough, so if it is fake it is no big deal
biggrin.gif

Shirts.....
Clockwise D&G, HUGE T&A Sea Island Cotton, Recent Gant for me, TM Lewin, Boss Selection

Ties.......
Talbott Silk/Wool, Zegna, Zegna, Deadstock Trad, Talbott Repp, No Name Foulard
The Yohji Yamamoto jacket looks real. Totally his style, cut, and color! Good find!
I love that PRL Cotton/Linen jacket a little too small for me. I also love the purple and pink ties... I have a noob question, what do you mean when you call it Deadstock? Also thanks for the info on the Double R popover shirt.
Deadstock usually means they don't make this particular model anymore.
Hi everyone! I've been thrifting for a while now, mainly for flipping, and I came across this thread last night. I've scrolled through numerous pages and love looking at everyone's finds. Thought I would post a couple of the my own from this morning. I don't normally buy shoes. How'd I do with these at $5. I don't know about the Zero King, but it is in perfect condition and again, for $5, why not.

Sugarcane Selvedge & Florsheim Imperials

Bad ass!!!!!!!!! What's the western jacket? More pics?

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First off, big shout out to Mainy for letting me know which areas he raided Thurs/Friday so I didn't spend half my day frustrated...found a few things on my side of town and everything was CHEAP today

Sperry Kiltie Loafers and 2 x AE

What's up with the green label, is that the kid's label?

Is Schott an instakop? even in women's? or do you need to be selective?

Collection of Sport Coats...I would normally leave Zegna soft but they were under $5

And the interesting piece of the day

Pick Stitching...check

Ticket Pocket...check

working cuffs...check

Coin pocket on pants...check

Well that's a surprise!

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Yohji Yamamoto jacket looks real. Totally his style, cut, and color! Good find!
Deadstock usually means they don't make this particular model anymore.
Bad ass!!!!!!!!! What's the western jacket? More pics?

It's a Zero King. Not exactly high end, but I liked the look and it's in perfect shape.

RockyTop

Reaction score
Gentleman, As someone who has been thrifting for about a year I wonder what the prices are in your area. I only buy things for my own use or that of my sons. I try to buy only items made in first world countries of high quality. For instance today I got lucky and found 3 CANALI shirts at $5 each in my size in excellent condition along with a POLO cotton golf jacket for about $5. Last week I picked up my first CANALI jacket in my size for $6 which I thought was a very good deal. It takes a lot of work to find quality items in excellent condition. I usually pay $10 or less for a sport coat and $20 or less for a suit in brands like HSM or HF. However I can go to 4 thrift stores in a day while I am out and about and often find NOTHING.
Again I only buy things to wear and am very picky which is why I have given up on EBAY. Half of the stuff I get from EBAY is loaded with moth holes or old and worn out. I go to GW or the SA or other non profit charity based stores. So far I have not gone to SAVERS which is big out here. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Where I'm at shirts are $3.75, sport coats $8, suits $12.

And I agree about ebay. Shopping yourself you can examine items before buying. With ebay not all are as discerning about what they pick up at thrift shops and resell as the majority of people on here are. Too many buy and try to resell every big name brand item they come across. And I'm especially leery of the ebay items listed as NWOT, especially when it's on a mannequin. You know it's likely a thrifted item so if they aren't the original buyer then how do they know it's new if it doesn't have tags? I've come across items that I could swear are new and never worn, but if they don't have tags then I can't listed it as such.

Anyway, buying on ebay you just need to look for reputable sellers. Obviously shopping in person you can look over the items yourself but of course, won't have the same selection available to you unless you live in or near a large city. Just have to be patient.

Last edited:

JabbaTheSlut

Reaction score
Do I smell thrynergy?

No pick stitching but working cuffs and a ticket pocket. Sick blue velvet in a small. Deciding if the alterations needed are worth keeping it. Brand? 7FAMK.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads