• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice. Tell us more... Available? Fit pic? Some combination of the two? :happy:

What is 895, and what does that work out to in dollars? As far as I know, Massimo Dutti is sort of a fast fashion outfit, the euro-only equivalent to Zara or H&M, right? I have a couple items, and they're pretty neat.

i think massimo dutti:zara :: COS:h&m

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also, this is how we thrift.

This is awesome. On the way home from a run on Saturday, my 6 year old engaged me in a surprisingly probing debrief of why and how I buy and sometimes sell stuff from GW and Savers et al.

Guessing FW12. 

Quoting you just to note the awesome avatar change. Sean Young was quite the hottie in her day, imho. Too bad she was batshit cray cray...

Saturday yielded a cashmere overcoat for Dig, some fake Guccis I'll be returning (let's not relive that, shall we), a pair of olive green recent label (but pleated) Zegna trou and a couple of shirts, the only highlight of which was a very good condition Etro. The summer doldrums have arrived. Hope to have a pic or two tomorrow.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quoting you just to note the awesome avatar change. Sean Young was quite the hottie in her day, imho. Too bad she was batshit cray cray...

If I had a time + place + character dream girl, she would be it.

Why yes I do have the 5-disc Blu-Ray set of every version ever put out of Blade Runner only the best movie ever made thank you WAIT did you say SY is CrayCray I'll fight you right now oh look a frog or maybe it's a toad.

DeadBoy

Reaction score
Finally able to bail myself out of the flooding and workload to catch up on the thread. Some really amazing finds fellas, keep it up! Sadly, no thrifting time for me lately.

Lanvin fans, what the heck do I have here? Heavyweight wool deconstructed trousers. NWOT as far as I can tell.

Holy crap! Are those 5 inch pleats?
crazy.gif

Those pants are awesome! Been looking for some heavy wool pants like that for ages, especially since the RRL's I bought off eBay recently turned out to be for a tree trunk-legged man.

And don't be afraid of the pleats, barrel. Just picked up some lightweight black trousers by Ute Ploier with those, loving the look.

Is there a Givenchy I'm looking for?

The good one.
By which, of course, I mean this one.

Seriously though, like with most other French designers, the label you're looking for is the recent, ultra-expensive one you'll never find in a thrift store. Couldn't tell you what it looks like because I've never seen it myself, although Nat thrifted a suit a while back and might have a pic.

acosbysweater

Reaction score
That Massimo Dutti is bad as hell.

And two grails, the first e-thrifted, the second at NMLC realllllyyy cheap. Both purchased with thrift funds. Better photos later.

Stissius

Reaction score
Some things I've found lately. Available if you've got cool stuff to trade in a 36R or Small (preferably SW&D). Not available otherwise.

Brooks Brothers Wool 46R

J. Crew Linen 38R

Awesome BB Silk/linen/wool blend 41R

Maus & Hoffman microfiber with a dope blue lining 42L

These next 3 I got at a boutique type store in a town about an hour away. Not thrift prices, but not that far off. They had some cool stuff there like a CP Company leather, a pretty sweet leather with the old purple/polo Ralph Lauren label. They were too rich for me though. Maybe next time when their sale tags change.

Sick murdered out Brioni (suit) 44R

Oxxford suit 42L sadly a bit of damage I missed not too major though

Canali Proposta pure silk 50 EU

Neat old Hickey Freeman for Maus & Hoffman wool knit jacket. Looks kinda like that Dana Lee waffle knit without the waffles. 40R

cool buttons too

Brioni contrast collar french cuff 15 neck but huge chest

Paul Smith Jeans chinos 35x35

Cool vintage Brooks Brothers tie

Land's End silk knits. These aren't grenadines are they?

An e-thrift. Dries van Noten wool robe.

And to finish it off, some Florsheim Imperial v cleat shells. 7.5D but fit my 8D feet. Absolutely NOT available.

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy batashit haul√

mrcmcklwht

Reaction score
I bought an old steelframe backpack and turned it into a messenger bag. Used a thrifted leather jacket in the bottom and back

OliT

Reaction score
Perhaps not a massive find, but still one I can use. BNWT Garment bag in pretty heavy lined canvas. YKK zippers, boatload of pockets. Probably a couple of years old, but one from the same maker in a similar style is like $350 today. Paid $15.

Evil Abed

Reaction score

highlifeman

Reaction score
Nice. Tell us more... Available? Fit pic? Some combination of the two?
happy.gif

What is 895, and what does that work out to in dollars? As far as I know, Massimo Dutti is sort of a fast fashion outfit, the euro-only equivalent to Zara or H&M, right? I have a couple items, and they're pretty neat.
Available, but possibly already dibbsed depending on measurements...unfortunately too small on me otherwise I'd probably keep it. It is dual vent, flat front pants, and working cuffs of which the 1st button appears that it is meant to be left undone and does not actually button, while the other buttons do....quite strange detail - I'll try to post a pic later....

From doing a little research AED = UAE dirham, which is running about .25 US dollars at the moment. The tag was in the inside jacket pocket, and it appears to have very little wear making me think it probably hasn't seen any drycleaning cycles as of yet.....

I've seen a few shirts and maybe ties from Massimo Dutti, but this was the 1st suit I've run across and really didn't know too much about the line - I did discover they are owned by the same parent company as Zara as caseyfud mentioned but I wasnt really sure....
i think massimo dutti:zara :: COS:h&m
Thanks for the info!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads