• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny

Reaction score

****Fumbles through closet for sewing machine****

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been super dry lately, finally was able to pick up some decent items last week:

Just in time for Summer - Overcoats!

Alpacuna Coat from the 1940s (40/42)

No Name Chesterfield (42)

No Name Polo Coat (44)

Turnbull & Asser x7

Vintage BB Tux shirt, Luciano Barbera, Steven Alan x4

Ties for $1 each:

Facconable, Prada, Hilditch & Key
Burberry, BB, Talbot BOC x2
Armani, Drake's, Zegna, Fendi
RLPL x2, Polo x3

Willis & Geiger (XL)

Oxxford Plaid (41)

Carroll & Co. Tux from the 60s/70s

BB (N/A)

Chester Barrie (43)

Polo Linen (N/A)

BB Donegal Tweed (N/A)

Super old Dunn & Co. Harris Tweed (40ish)

Oxxford POW (44)

Battistoni (44)

Zegna (42)

Bass made in the USA Weejuns (8.5 D)

And after over a year of searching, Alden suede loafers for myself via Ebay:

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eazy I think i picked up the exact same donna karan jacket last week. Jetted pockets, no vent , super-soft cashmere. Will post pics later.

roquesoon

Reaction score
Been super dry lately, finally was able to pick up some decent items last week:

Just in time for Summer - Overcoats!

Crazy haul, nice work.

Picked up a minty J Press mac raincoat, with pristine detachable wool liner for $6. 42R. Pics to come, still out and about.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thrift Store Confessions:

So after two + years of lamenting similar behavior, I found I'd left my debit card at home, and hid a Brioni jacket....in the women's section.

Thrift gods, Forgive meeeeeeeeeee!

:cry:
:embar:
:hide:

Last edited:

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im liking these thrift fits, I guess it mean's I've finally found enough stuff to start putting outfits together!

Sport Coat - Samuelsohn silk/wool blend thrifted by me
Shirt - Brooks Brothers on sale
Tie - Land's End NWOT thrifted by me
Watch - Nomos ethrifted by me from Watchuseek b/s forum
Jeans - J. Brand clearance at Nordstrom Rack
Shoes - Allen Edmonds ethrifted fron teh bay
Pocket Square - Turnbull and Asser proxy thrifted by CesarC (thanks again bud)

Last edited:

amadar

Reaction score
Been out of the thrift game (and thread) for a long, long time for many reasons that I won't get into. Really do miss seeing all of your guys finds! Will try to make it back here more often, but for now I'll post a little Ebay score I made today:

Boom! :D

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thrift Store Confessions:

So after two + years of lamenting similar behavior, I found I'd left my debit card at home, and hid a Brioni jacket....in the women's section.

Thrift gods, Forgive meeeeeeeeeee!

:cry:
:embar:
:hide:

Who cares about that? Was it there when you returned?

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well, I suppose that's better than doing "favors" in the men's room for some quick cash.

Men's room is occupied by Klobber, which puts a damper on things.

sthenosall

Reaction score
I think I'm going to start setting time limits for myself because lately it seems that if I have a whole day to spend thrifting I won't find anything but if I only have 10 minutes I end up with a great score (as good a score as you can have with only 10 minutes to look around)!
Had been looking for brown (and black if anyone has any they would be willing to part with!) split toes for quite some time. Never found any in my size. Today the search for brown ended. 9.5C. Perfect fit. Sorry about the paint on the table. It's where I do most of my watercolors and I just realized that it provides the best lighting for photos (probably should have realized this earlier).

The interior is a bit worn but I really don't mind because I exclusively wear smartwool socks and they deal with almost any imperfections. If anyone hasn't tried them I suggest you do, best socks ever.

I also have been using a less than satisfactory pair of burgundy wingtips from J&M because I couldn't find anything better in my size after my last pair went missing while at the gym a while back. No longer will I be stooping to that level!

These look like they were only worn a few times. And again, prefect fit.

I really can't get over how they fit like a glove AND they are basically brand new. And for only 5$, I just have to brag.

However the real pièce de résistance is this. New with tag and still in the plastic sleeve.

Ferragamo. Orange with dogs and bones. 2$. When I first saw it I automatically assumed it would be fake but it all checked out. Additionally I saw this exact tie in blue in the Munich airport only a couple weeks ago, so it is very recent.

Additionally. I just looked through the sport coats very quickly and didn't find anything in my size in the ones I checked, however, they had 5 or 6 subtle plaids by southwick in 44R, must have been from the same guy. If anyone is interested I can head back and pick they up. Most were tan. The couple I examined were in perfect shape. He must have liked (or disliked) khaki and tan because they were all very similar.

Last edited:

sthenosall

Reaction score

Slim pickings today at lunch. Did snag this though. Did I do good? I'm serious....
peepwall%5B1%5D.gif
. Is this the Dior I am looking for?
I always pass unless it has a canali label. But if it fits like a glove then I would defiantly consider it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads