• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought this might be relevant to some of our NY bretheren. Have you found that killer grail suit and it's a size or two too large? I saw this on Tumblr...

It looks like tailor Louis Purple was voted best in the city and offers a service to downsize a suit by a full 2 sizes. At $360 it ain't thrift store cheap but I'd consider it on a Kiton/Attonlini/Tom Ford/Grail of your choosing.

Just food for thought!

Last edited:

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Total squat day today, but I realized at the thrift that I was wearing a thrift discount outfit

BB
Gant rugger
Trafalgar
J crew
Pantharella $5 @ Marshall's
Polo Italy

Shiny

Reaction score

And my greatest tie haul to date:
LtoR: Kiton, Kiton, Zegna, Zegna, Etro
If you pull 2 Kiton ties in one day/week/month, you're doing all right!

joshmick

Reaction score
If you pull 2 Kiton ties in one day/week/month, you're doing all right!
haha totally. I picked up the far left one and then walked up to a nice lady that was working and said "excuse me, have you seen any more ties like this?" and she took me right over to the blue one. I will definitely be putting this shop on my weekly thrift stops.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also, she priced the eton and two zegnas at 3.99 because they were "unbranded" i.e., the label was not in the normal place a tie label would be, haha.

This is why turnbull and asser is the best sleeper tie.

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This may not match up with some of the big-timers here, but it's my best find yet:

I can identify the Malvern IIIs, but I'm not sure about the other ones. The broguing seems distinctive and unusual to me, but it shows up on their Falkirk model - only with a different last. Can any Edward Green aficionados clue me in?

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This may not match up with some of the big-timers here, but it's my best find yet:

I can identify the Malvern IIIs, but I'm not sure about the other ones. The broguing seems distinctive and unusual to me, but it shows up on their Falkirk model - only with a different last. Can any Edward Green aficionados clue me in?

Double EG find? Wow!

Randomore

Reaction score
Heres the minty fresh Corneliani oxford i found the other day.
Tagged 17 1/2 measures 17x36

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads