• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Is this the Baracuta I'm looking for? In the field now...

Suede shirt jacket

Last edited:

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Suede shirt jacket

No. I see these often.

This is the Baracuta you're looking for

Only without the Van Huesen and made in England

Last edited:

flatspotting

Reaction score
Incredible haul all around.....but this thing...^^^....pure awesome....never seen one like that before, and I don't think I would have the balls to wear it in public, but I love it......

That patch suit was one of the most amazing things I saw anyone post on here, I PM'd him right away curious about size, even though the chances of it fitting me are 1/1000. If it does, I will summon the courage to wear it out in public like a boss.

acosbysweater

Reaction score

Suede shirt jacket

That's some heavily licensed version of the brand you're looking for. The only Baracuta I keep my eyes out for is the British made harrington, which is generally in some sort of light tan but can also be found in loden green, red, black, blackwatch, etc. Given that you're searching close enough to NYC, you might find some of the newer slim fit models eventually.

Last edited:

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stopped by a consignment shop today for the first time. Most items were priced too high to flip, but you could find some decent deals on things you planned to keep. Picked up a unique Brioni SC with badass buttons that I could keep or flip. The horse and text on the buttons are set behind a glass-like glaze. Will post another pic later.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been looking for a cord jacket for a while, found this today, my size, soft shoulder, patch pockets, leather buttons. Pictures make it look like ****, but it's quite nice in person.

Popped two cherries today, Duchamp and Dunhill, I'm thinking I hate the Duchamp, also an old ass Ricci and a sweet lambswool knit Calvin Klein for myself.

Pawz

Reaction score
Been looking for a cord jacket for a while, found this today, my size, soft shoulder, patch pockets, leather buttons. Pictures make it look like ****, but it's quite nice in person.

Found one almost exactly like that at Goodwill, except it was 3B and was by J. Press. I passed on it, but is probably still there. It was a 42.

hucklecat

Reaction score
Sure is dry for good stuff in my neck of the woods. Aside from a couple of Burberry shirts and 2 Harris Tweeds all I found of worth is an old pair of Lee Rider Jeans... 1950's maybe? Cool buttonfly, selvedge, and not in terrible shape.

flatspotting

Reaction score
Alright!

Things have been mildly better this time out (Including some cherry popping for me!!):

First up,

Canali Suit - Ridiculous condition, Wool/Silk/Cashmere Blend - 44L. Shoulders are just too big for me, so AVAILABLE unless i decide to blow a ton of money at the tailor on the shoulders...

Up next some ties - 1st ever ETRO anything

Top Row: ETRO(Damage near tag in spoiler pictures), ETRO(this one is for sure UNavailable)
Middle: ETRO, Canali
Bottom: Paul Smith

Another First for me:

Orvis Wool Jacket in great condition (Unavailable, fit me great, unless i get the just right offer heh):

And last, but certainly not least, ANOTHER first for me,

My first Zegna Shirt!

Zegna Sport, Unavailable, fits me great!

As always, let me know if there is anything you really like... even if I say unavailable, who knows maybe we can work something out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads