1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Senior member

Digs....still got to say no on that one. Now Spoo's old model :slayer:

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

:inlove:

3. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

I was in the VV where I found the Italian jammies and carried around a minty, stupid cheap, burgundy PRL polo shirt in XS that I was going to send you but as I did my final "pre-flight" check for damage before heading to the register, I found a hole in the sleeve that looked like some sort of pin-based anti-theft device had been utilized at some point, rendering it unwearable for anything except changing oil in the car so I left it. Just to make your day complete. :embar:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  4. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Nice. You and me both on the furniture. Fortunately I don't need to cut my rocks very often.

5. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

Quick question about this. Is it viable or possible to get a small moth hole repaired on Vicuna?

6. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

This summer has been pretty good to me but I'm feeling it start to drop off very quickly.
    :slayer: Congrats! Looks like an awesome place!
    Soak in an Oxiclean/white vinegar solution for a few days, then wash as normal. If it still remains apply Oxiclean power directly onto the yellowed area and drip water on top so it hardens. Let sit for 2 days and re-wash.
    I did get a good chuckle out of it, but the others are right. You can still make some decent money from those sold separately. Passed on a set of yellow and blue check Carroll & Co made in England pajamas. In my size. I'm starting to regret this one. I'm fine with a beat up t-shirt and athletic shorts for after hours but maybe I should step it up.... Otherwise it's been dry. Found a quarter lined navy blazer w/ MOP buttons by Bonobos. Nothing crazy. 40 L. Not really worth pics.

7. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

8. FaceOfBoh

FaceOfBoh Senior member

Buuuuuttttt....... Watch out if you have mother of pearl buttons, The Treatment can be hell on them. Best to maybe soak just the collar in each of the solutions. And instead of the dry application Nat describes, I make up a paste - 1/2 water, 1/2 powder and apply, and leave at least for overnight.

And congratulations ATLjon on the house!

9. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

Most interesting overcoat I picked up to date. Seem pretty VTG but no clue how to date.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

You'e right, this would actually work better. I need to start doing this now and ditch the eye-dropper method.

11. FaceOfBoh

FaceOfBoh Senior member

I'm cleaning my basement out so, of course, I had to hit a VV to drop some donations off. :smarmy: (At least that's what I told my wife).

I picked up a very cool vintage Pendleton "High Grade Western Wear" fuzzy wool/felt shirt with pearl snap buttons. Tagged Medium and Long but fits small like so many of these vintage shirts do. I'm hoping a fetching 98 lbs. hipster girl buys it.

[​IMG]

And in other news, it's time to get ready for back to school. My wife was cleaning out the kids' art drawer and this was lurking under the pads of paper and colouring books. We're hoping to put together 2 packs of pencil crayons from this mess.

[​IMG]

12. ATLjon

ATLjon Senior member

Oh, and today's find:

Church custom grade.

Since I'm moving, you get crappy pics of unpolished shoes lined with foot powder used to try to get out the stench of month balls. But it's a sweet find nonetheless.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Dolfan954

Dolfan954 Senior member

I could be wrong... But isn't their Abito privato line also very nice? Or is it lower than sartoriale?

14. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

15. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

On the Bart ride back from my first day of college
    It was awesome I have a huge amount of free time to thrift my gym is right next to my college
    Pics later
    first Versace that wasn't a tie I felt was worth a pick up.
    3/2 pockets still basted brown cord jacket, slim, cool lining, high gorge ect. Size 36 first piece I have seen that is that small available but tentative dibs by the Ian that runs from squalor to baller
    Bb makers tie to pay for the Bart ride
    Two bespoke? Mtm? I dunno but they were custom made for some dude by a tailor in sf, both size 44R one in puppytooth summer weight one in herringbone, dual vents, ticket pocket, high gorge, slim, 2 button, 1/2 canvases one is 1/4 lined both available
    And a random brand black leather cafe racer for me that is long enough for my mega arms, I am going to cover it in patches and since I complimented the dudes nofx shirt that was checking me out I got a discount

16. eazye

eazye Senior member

Congratulations, and if your wife is still coming here soon, I can point her to a spot that has wall to wall MCM furniture. Not a thrift store, but the prices aren't too shabby. :slayer:

17. My Main Man

My Main Man Senior member

Ha. I had that Bonobos jacket in my hand yesterday and told myself I'd buy it if I found at least one other thing to buy in the store. Ended up being late meeting up with a friend so didnt get to look around much. I already have a ton of jackets and coats to put up for sale so I left it. Glad someone grabbed it and justified me almost buying it.

18. cakebug

cakebug Member

Bijan PS

[​IMG]

John Laing and Gran Sasso cashmere.

[​IMG]

Pretty cool Samuelsohn MTM jacket. Looks like an orphan but I'm pretty sure it's not.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

RLPL suit. It feels so nice to reunite an orphan with his pa(re)nts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. edwardthefirst

edwardthefirst Senior member

[​IMG]
    [/quote] +1 that's awesome

20. Nell

Nell Senior member

Quoted because somehow a Vicuna coat from 1953 went under the radar...No idea where to source Vicuna thread to reweave it, but absolutely worth it. Edit: Was HSM ever top quality?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.