• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lastdonb

Reaction score

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
i do hope you have plans to swing by your nearest cheeseburger in paradise

You know it! A part of me really wants to move to the big island. First, I need to pay off some student loans and convince my wife.

Evil Abed

Reaction score
In that case I may as well also...

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stuff from Mon & Tues. Sorry for the ****** pics.
confused.gif
:

Zanella x6. Most are double pleated, size 38, though a few flat fronts/larger sizes mixed in. Many are in a variety of Loro Piana fabrics. Awesome colors and patterns, can't tell from the pics.

Zanella x6. The top pair of cords are freaking COLOR SHIFTING. It's wild, I've never seen anything quite like it.

RLPL chinos (warning, they seriously are like a 27" inseam.
puzzled.gif
), NWT Brooks chinos, Boss FF pants, Faconnable, Brooks

N&F Weird Guy. There's a small hole in the knee area.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
. But otherwise hey're seriously mint...probably worn a handful of times.

No effing idea why only this pic rotates, but I've tried uploading it like 5 times with no success. Oh well.

NWT Gitman Bros OCBD, NWT English Laundry (ebay fodder), Brioni N/A, Zegna safari-type shirt, BBGF turtleneck, Brooks Shetland

AE Sanford

Cheaney N/A

Older Burberry, but really nice; silk I think
Tom James. I almost always leave these, but all of these were super nice: awesome patterns, recent (all 2004 or newer iirc), side vented, working cuffs, awesome linings, etc.

Tom James
Tom James

Tom James
Tom James

Pendleton pure camelhair
Loro Piana "Cashmere Cloud" for JW Nordstrom. About this fabric - I had one other one awhile back, and this "cashmere cloud" (cashmere/silk blend) is, without a doubt, one of the softest fabrics I've ever handled. It's really amazing stuff.

Ted Baker. This thing is out of this world. Definitely the most insane SC I've ever seen. Has to be super recent N/A

Super recent Samuelsohn with a really weird button-out lining that I've never seen before. N/A.

Recent Southwick (it's a mint green herringbone)

Pal Zilleri Gruppo Forall

BB trady SC (sack, 3/2)

Brooks Silver Label/Martin Greenfield

And the pièce de résistance, very recent Oxxford Super 150s, peak lapel, DB, flat front pants. BALLER. The GW lady even let me keep the Oxxford hanger it was on.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
N/A.

Also found this exact trench: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110986211802, but toscano snaked it from me before I even got a chance to take a pic.

Lots of other pedestrian stuff that probably wouldn't interest anyone here (BB slim fits, BB SCs, etc.)

Last edited:

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice, Andro!

I have no use for these with frayed collars and requiring treatment. 16.5/42
Bought them just for bragging rights!! :D

Do they have a place for collar stays? If not (some don't), you could always have a tailor flip the collar. Simple, cheap and for nice shirts, you won't see the difference!

You can replace the collars with white, contrast collars for $20 each. Google "shirt collar replacement"; the guy is in Texas but does mail orders. He can also change the neck size for you.

Last edited:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well, after showing my wife the turntable, she said "mahhh, you aren't buying it, are you?!" Apparently she doesn't see the need for one. Anyway, I might just get it...it's something I've wanted :) Thanks again for your help Nat, it's interesting that your grandfather had an electronics shop in Tokyo. What types of things does your uncle sell now??
Awesome. Go for it - it's an awesome looking piece. It's still a Panasonic shop but they've since become more of a home retailer. The shop is more like an office with a selection of light bulbs, cords, small electronics and replacement repair manuals. They now use a central warehouse for their storage and deal with larger appliances such as air conditioners, washers, driers, stoves, etc. National/Panasonic makes tons of stuff for the Japanese market. The store used to be so much fun. They carried everything from TVs to vacuum cleaners. Bought my first transistor radio from there when I was in first grade. Still have it somewhere. Little green plastic AM-only model.
I have no use for these with frayed collars and requiring treatment. 16.5/42 Bought them just for bragging rights!! :D
My first non-tie Hermes purchase was an orange and white check Hermes shirt. The collar was torn at the top of the fold, so I got it for $3. Sold it for $150. I couldn't believe it.
Stuff from Mon & Tues. Sorry for the ****** pics. :confused: :
Zanella x6. Most are double pleated, size 38, though a few flat fronts/larger sizes mixed in. Many are in a variety of Loro Piana fabrics. Awesome colors and patterns, can't tell from the pics. Zanella x6. The top pair of cords are freaking COLOR SHIFTING. It's wild, I've never seen anything quite like it. RLPL chinos (warning, they seriously are like a 27" inseam. :puzzled: ), NWT Brooks chinos, Boss FF pants, Faconnable, Brooks N&F Weird Guy. There's a small hole in the knee area. :fu: :fu: . But otherwise hey're seriously mint...probably worn a handful of times. No effing idea why only this pic rotates, but I've tried uploading it like 5 times with no success. Oh well. NWT Gitman Bros OCBD, NWT English Laundry (ebay fodder), Brioni N/A, Zegna safari-type shirt, BBGF turtleneck, Brooks Shetland AE Sanford Cheaney N/A Older Burberry, but really nice; silk I think Tom James. I almost always leave these, but all of these were super nice: awesome patterns, recent (all 2004 or newer iirc), side vented, working cuffs, awesome linings, etc. Tom James Tom James Tom James Tom James Pendleton pure camelhair Loro Piana "Cashmere Cloud" for JW Nordstrom. About this fabric - I had one other one awhile back, and this "cashmere cloud" (cashmere/silk blend) is, without a doubt, one of the softest fabrics I've ever handled. It's really amazing stuff. Ted Baker. This thing is out of this world. Definitely the most insane SC I've ever seen. Has to be super recent N/A Super recent Samuelsohn with a really weird button-out lining that I've never seen before. N/A. Recent Southwick (it's a mint green herringbone) Pal Zilleri Gruppo Forall BB trady SC (sack, 3/2) Brooks Silver Label/Martin Greenfield And the pièce de résistance , very recent Oxxford Super 150s, peak lapel, DB, flat front pants. BALLER. The GW lady even let me keep the Oxxford hanger it was on.
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
N/A. Also found this exact trench: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110986211802, but toscano snaked it from me before I even got a chance to take a pic. Lots of other pedestrian stuff that probably wouldn't interest anyone here (BB slim fits, BB SCs, etc.)
:slayer: Passed on some insane stuff today that was probably a steal but was still above my budget. All are NWT/NWOT. Shoes were NWOB - Isaia x Superga blue cashmere sneakers 10.5 $250 - Lanvin black jeweled bug sneakers. Can't even find them online. Had brightly colored, sparkly jeweled bugs all over them. Retail was $1,095. They wanted $250. - Brooks Brothers Black Fleece solid navy suit. MOP buttons. BB4. $500 - Gorgeous Lardini side vented tweed sportcoat. Tweed was from a maker that started with a "J". 42 R. $250 I did pick up a pair of NWT LVC Levis 501z selvedge jeans. They priced them as regular Levis. 34 x 34

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crap! Forgot the coolest find of them all for me. Literally the first non-sports hat I've ever even seen in a GW around here:

On a related note, I've come to find that I don't look like a *total* douchebag in a Fedora/bowler/whatever the hell this is, so N/A for now until my hair grows too long for it to fit my fat head anymore.

Last edited:

toscano_adottato

Reaction score

Stuff from Mon & Tues. Sorry for the ****** pics. :confused: :
Zanella x6. Most are double pleated, size 38, though a few flat fronts/larger sizes mixed in. Many are in a variety of Loro Piana fabrics. Awesome colors and patterns, can't tell from the pics. Zanella x6. The top pair of cords are freaking COLOR SHIFTING. It's wild, I've never seen anything quite like it. RLPL chinos (warning, they seriously are like a 27" inseam. :puzzled: ), NWT Brooks chinos, Boss FF pants, Faconnable, Brooks N&F Weird Guy. There's a small hole in the knee area. :fu: :fu: . But otherwise hey're seriously mint...probably worn a handful of times. No effing idea why only this pic rotates, but I've tried uploading it like 5 times with no success. Oh well. NWT Gitman Bros OCBD, NWT English Laundry (ebay fodder), Brioni N/A, Zegna safari-type shirt, BBGF turtleneck, Brooks Shetland AE Sanford Cheaney N/A Older Burberry, but really nice; silk I think Tom James. I almost always leave these, but all of these were super nice: awesome patterns, recent (all 2004 or newer iirc), side vented, working cuffs, awesome linings, etc. Tom James Tom James Tom James Tom James Pendleton pure camelhair Loro Piana "Cashmere Cloud" for JW Nordstrom. About this fabric - I had one other one awhile back, and this "cashmere cloud" (cashmere/silk blend) is, without a doubt, one of the softest fabrics I've ever handled. It's really amazing stuff. Ted Baker. This thing is out of this world. Definitely the most insane SC I've ever seen. Has to be super recent N/A Super recent Samuelsohn with a really weird button-out lining that I've never seen before. N/A. Recent Southwick (it's a mint green herringbone) Pal Zilleri Gruppo Forall BB trady SC (sack, 3/2) Brooks Silver Label/Martin Greenfield And the pièce de résistance , very recent Oxxford Super 150s, peak lapel, DB, flat front pants. BALLER. The GW lady even let me keep the Oxxford hanger it was on.
N/A.
Also found this exact trench: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110986211802, but toscano snaked it from me before I even got a chance to take a pic. Lots of other pedestrian stuff that probably wouldn't interest anyone here (BB slim fits, BB SCs, etc.)
Sweet. Now I don't have to take pictures.

woodchuck312

Reaction score
Well I called out of work today to do an all day Thrifting bender and boy did that work out.

Came home with 6 huge bags filled with goodies, total weight must be near 100lb's lol

Some highlights...pictures will come later

Barbour Beaufort Classic (I just bought one new last week, going to return it and keep this nicely used $12 one instead) This was my lucky day, same size too.

Brooks Brothers Lined casual coat

Corneliani Casual Coat

Zegna suit

Burberry Suit

Zegna pants

Zanella pants

BB cords for myself

3 pairs of Polo made in USA loafers

3 pairs Allen Edmonds

LL Bean hunting boots

Lanvin loafers

Pendleton shirt nwt, other misc BB shirts, Zegna, etc.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I called out of work today to do an all day Thrifting bender and boy did that work out.

Came home with 6 huge bags filled with goodies, total weight must be near 100lb's lol

Some highlights...pictures will come later

Barbour Beaufort Classic (I just bought one new last week, going to return it and keep this nicely used $12 one instead) This was my lucky day, same size too.

Brooks Brothers Lined casual coat

Corneliani Casual Coat

Zegna suit

Burberry Suit

Zegna pants

Zanella pants

BB cords for myself

3 pairs of Polo made in USA loafers

3 pairs Allen Edmonds

LL Bean hunting boots

Lanvin loafers

Pendleton shirt nwt, other misc BB shirts, Zegna, etc.

lurker[1].gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads