• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Hansderhund
"I will get a fit pic, but a HUGE shout out to Wes for getting me a bridge coat. It was -9C this morning and this thing was perfect! The downside is that I sincerely think some of my neighborhood believes I'm in organized crime. Not joking. "
Lol. No problem, but I had no choice but to send it to you. You got my wife hooked on what is possibly the best coffee in the world. Other than that cat **** stuff.

Haha, so we're all winners, right?? I also read about elephant dung coffee today. I haven't read this one, but I assume it's the same as the German one:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/07/elephant-dung-coffee_n_2257628.html

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any in blue? :happy:
Price is okay-ish...those are about $350-$400 retail, right?

Nothing in blue or any other size sadly, although there was a decent RLBL jacket in navy blue but not quilted I think retail said $595

Actually I'm totally wrong, I did see that at MOA. I swear HarMar might have had one too but now I'm totally not sure.

Just called HarMar. No dice :(

Last edited:

LooknGr8

Reaction score

Paul Stuart silk navy, dotted knit tie.

Found one just like it in forest green recently. Did not understand appeal but it went to live with someone who did.

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Just checked tracking and it looks like Santa will be dropping by my victim's place today. Hope he digs.

LooknGr8

Reaction score

Probably BB. Their retail stores often cut the tags out of unsellable (damaged, worn, returned) items and donate them to local thrifts.

That explains a lot here. Have recently for the first time in my thrift ing experience have been seeing a lot of BB w/cutout labels at local SA in cherry condition at least for thrifts. U know they're BB even without the label...we had an outlet open up 6 mo ago, wonder if any connection (SA does the central warehouse hub thing so who knows where their stock comes from...)

Last edited:

Shiny

Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendations on those reweavers a few posts above. I will probably end up throwing some money at those guys in the near future I’m pretty sure. This thread is a great resource. Anyway, on to my finds:

For once, the stuff that fits me outnumbers stuff that doesn’t!

Need some help on these shoes. Can anyone id the maker? Excited about them because they have that handwritteny size stuff (see spoiler). They need some new soles, though. Also, my size so I may keep them.

Is that the Church's logo? below it says Made in England London New York Paris Custom Craft?

Burgundy saddles/unknown maker. What do you all think if I paint the midpart black? Is it easily doable? Is it a PITA? They fit so I’m keeping them regardless.

Old Versace shirt. Has a small tear along the side seam but I’m slimifying it so it can be fixed :slayer: N/A.

E Zegna button down. Wideish MOPs. I picked this up b/c these are good for trade bait, but when I got home and tried it on it fits! N/A.

NWT flat front J crew cords, 36x30. Color is a darker olive green. Available.

Ravazollo suit, 54L EU. Color is a smidgen lighter than charcoal. Pants are like a38W and inseam is plenty long like 33. Doesn’t fit, so reluctantly available.

Never seen this hidden pocket b4!

Plan to do an afterwork stop so maybe I can add to my haul this week :nodding:

Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^^^ First pair of shoes look like Church's to me. Diplomat's I believe.

Last edited:

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^no worries. Now can you trade me that TB suit please?? Lol

This thread is sort of like a consignment thread so after running my small operation in LA a yr ago, I had to resource with other companies (I.e. Alexs) to help out with garments that needed to be fixed for maximum profit. Ill try to get the persons name I always go to. The women there are so sweet and helpful. They can even fix tie pulls too.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads