• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackFlash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, Canali definitely does and (I think) Corneliani and Zegna do.

ffffuuuu.gif

Thanks! Looks like I've made a few mistakes recently.

Last edited:

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone make sense of these shoes for me. First off, they're beat to death, so I passed. They are Made in England PRL with J.M.Weston soles. Weston doesn't make shoes in England, that I know of, and I've never seen them make shoes for Polo. Any ideas?

Today's non-passes were Zegna double vented, 2 button, staple grey nailhead.

Paul Stuart silk navy, dotted knit tie.

And this little gem (and I do mean little). Turnbull and Asser crocodile belt, size 26.

Last edited:

flatspotting

Reaction score
Hmmm I did have the Savile Row tag.... I should've snagged a pic, wasn't thinking. I will see if it's still around next time I go through.

thanks a bunch for the info :)
HF for GH label:

And I *think* this is the GH Saville Row label:

(outside label...not in the breast pocket)

Last edited:

ocooney

Reaction score
That belt is amazing Tonylumpkin, regardless of size.

Had a few things today:

Links/studs to finalize my fully thrifted formal outfit, links I liked and a NOS pigskin breast wallet

JPress herringbone overcoat. 21.5" P2P, I guess 36-38? Available.

PRL made in Italy by Corneliani. 44L. Sorry for the crappy picture. Top button needs to be re-fastened, but otherwise in good shape. Available.

And some Sulka ties. Pre-dibbed to Andro as he has the Sulka SC I found. The feel of these is weird...unnaturally silky, like the cheap rayon ties, but more substantial.

Cheers,
O

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Saw this today, wondered if anyone recognized it... It was hand numbered I think 19/50, had a name like "Correscape" and the signature looked like Guy Denmmark. No clue though what it's really called/who it's by.

A new frame / glass and this thing would make this... well I don't know.

Did pick up some cool books- A tall narrow one called Skyscrapers that has stunning black and white architectural work in it

For the geek in me, a book self-published by Hughes that covers the history of its space / communications work, full of cool satellite illustrations

Oh and this...

This thing is huge. I would have tried shooting a pic it while wearing, but the damn thing smelled like

It needs to be cleaned for sure. There's some spots that I think will come out, and that smell, but I think it'll be good to go when it's done.

Last edited:

ocooney

Reaction score

Cool overcoat! If no one PMs you, let me know :)
Re: Sulka ties. Could they be Ancient Madder? I can't tell if yours are, but they have a different feel to them, best described here:
http://www.ivy-style.com/whats-the-madder-boyer-on-the-autumnal-neckwear-classic.html

I have a BB ancient madder and it feels almost powdery...definitely different, but not like these.
This explains a bit more about the process:
http://www.bensilver.com/gbb-ancientmadder.dlp

And I will let you know on the overcoat.

O

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

awesome finds by all!

want to say special thanks to Ocooney for a great trade, anyone who has anything this man wants, don't hold back.  Hooker4186 also hooked me up with a great deal, newer member, don't hesitate to buy/trade with him.  Finally, Digmenow, a very generous Secret Santa gift!

Thanks mate! Easy come, easy go I always say!

Anyhoo, today's finds:

My first LP....with a stain on the chest pocket. Available for cost+shipping if someone wants to try out the treatment. Size L, chunky ass buttons.

3 pairs of Aldens - 2 shells, 1 calf. All pretty beat but still worth trying to flip on the 'bay.

I also passed on a skeet blanket with a big white stain on the front...I always thought that name was a joke...

Last edited:

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the Balmain I'm looking for? Tagged 54, but fits a 40R me, so UNAVAILABLE for now. This thing's built like a TANK, but has long arms + working cuffs, so I don't know how easy it'll be to alter.

My first! - UNAVAILABLE - Also, it's going to be 60 and rainy Monday, so this is PERFECT!

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally , finally got out today and hit up some of my spots. It's been too long. First up, this sweet green surcingle belt by Torino, never heard of the brand but the quality is one par if not better than Trafalgar. Looks to be never worn as well, the leather is still super stiff. Who doesn't want a green belt, what the ****. N/A

My second Barbour find ever, this glen plaid scarf. N/A

This ultra trad green tweed blazer for myself from The Cambridge shop. Fits like a glove, soft shoulders, undarted, hook vent, 3 roll 2 with skinny lapels. N/A

Herringbone blazer from the Andover Shop, around a 42, available

Ebbits Field Flannel Red Socks baseball jacket. Besides two chipped buttons, the thing looks unworn. N/A for the moment.

And my third Barbour find ever, this is a size medium. I know one of you gents has this jacket in a small they want to trade me. Otherwise, this is going to one of my buddy's as a Christmas present.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The thrift find synergy in this thread is unreal. It's like a barbour whirlwind right now.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw a MTM or possibly bespoke notch lapel tux from loro piana fabric - $60 :/

Also saw this overcoat, doesn't seem to be much of a market for this brand anymore:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads