• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't pick up a lot of ties, but this vintage one was too awesome to leave behind.

Oh...yeah. Also I walked into a hole in the wall dump of a thrift store I usually avoid. It's in the ghetto and the stuff is all piled high in trash bags. Not very many clothes, and they are all moth eaten. The only pair of shoes ever saw in there looked like a dog chewed on them. As soon as I hit the door, I saw a sweet pair of Shells from across the room. Pics later tonight after clean-up.
Bostonian Crown Windsor Shell PTB 11 D/B

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haven't done much thrifting lately but hit a couple stores yesterday

who made these? they are pretty amazing, insole says Louis Roth Bench Made in England
Qri6A.jpg

l9a2Z.jpg

RTutj.jpg

2 pair AE's 10d
fQEpo.jpg

hardly worn bruno maglis
MXgWe.jpg

ae 10d
MSOVZ.jpg

also grabbed an oxxford suit and a couple sportcoats

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

haven't done much thrifting lately but hit a couple stores yesterday

who made these? they are pretty amazing, insole says Louis Roth Bench Made in England
Qri6A.jpg

Looks like Sanders to me.

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's the 42 T Oxxford, but it has some damage to the lining, and is missing the bottom button! Wow, I'm a moron. It's still pretty nice, though, so if it will fit any of you gents ....

Any idea on the buttons?

And this came from Ebay today. I am so psyched! It was $43 shipped, so a little much, but, well.

Next up: Find a pristine copy of Reich's Different Trains. Then my collection of freshman obsessions will be complete!

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

(and that's the end-grain cutting board I just made for my wife; almost done, just gotta put the varnish on)

Love the cutting board! Awesome work!

I just started thrifting in TC, do you find that the Goodwill's around here ever get anything good? I've found the men's shoe selection to be terrible. My best spot for quality so far has been Unique but it's for profit so the deals aren't as good.

GW is hit and miss. Men's shoes in general in our area suck. Nicest I've found are Cole Haans and Allen Edmonds with the occasional Ferragamo. Never Tremezzas though.

I know a guy who constantly finds cool stuff at Unique for cheap. Stuff slips through the cracks. One of the few Kitons I know that were found around here came out of there.

Last edited:

TheWGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, five stores today... only three items picked up. :brick: All available.

Random Givenchy tie... I'll just use this to polish shoes, right?

2012-10-10_19-29-18_260.jpg

2012-10-10_19-29-29_403.jpg

And how about some 7FAMs in pristine shape? A pocket model. Size 36, measures ~33-34 inches inseam so hemmable for most anyone...

2012-10-10_19-31-22_986.jpg

This random polo is an XL, though I suspect it's more like an L-ish XL than a real XL... but nobody could ever be interested in this, could they?

2012-10-10_19-32-55_734.jpg

plei89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good haul today! All brand new without box or dust bags. These and many more Allen Edmonds are available for sale on my listings​

Last edited:

jcubzzz

Reaction score
went out today and managed not to rip my pants so that's a good sign

Brooks Brothers 1818 wool 36X32

Hugo Boss jeans 33

Zegna 16, RG, Brooks Brothers L a real crazy multi colored easter looking shirt.

Allen Edmonds Manchester 10 1/2 eee

jcubzzz

Reaction score
I recently sold the same shirt I thrifted some time ago. I think it did rather well on eBay....$36 before shipping.

I usually pass on BB shirts that don't fit me since they don't flip well but picked up that shirt since i like bright flashy objects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads