• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

worship2.gif

nice pocket squares dm7 and barrel!

Thank you, sir!

Shiny

Reaction score
No kiton, borelli or TomFordo :angry: , but this kept me going:
D&G shirt. I think this is furreal as it has that hologram thing. It is a wild yellow color and has these long-ass lapels. Pd $7 Available. Tagged 40/54.
P1010598.jpg

P1010600.jpg
P1010599.jpg
P1010597.jpg
[/IMG]

RL Prple label. Tagged 17. Mini plaid action. Has a stain on one of the arms that I’m sure will come out. $6. Available.
P1010602.jpg

P1010603.jpg

6 fold “burma bibas” tie. Digging the heftiness of the 6-7 folds even though the brand is unknown. Not available.
P1010604.jpg

Hermes and E Zegna tie. I think someone posted that Hermes with the sax player recently. Pd $3 each. Available.
P1010611.jpg

S Ferragmo and Ike Behar Paisley. $3 each. Available.
P1010615.jpg

AE Park Avenues. Sz 9.5eee. Will clean up nicely. Available.
IMG00576-20121010-2208.jpg

IMG00577-20121010-2209.jpg

darkmatter7

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That Kiton, Cuccinelli, and Ford, holy ****.

NWT Kiton and Tom Ford is mediocre stuff?
cloud.gif

When someone says that they had a mediocre day and got a brand new Kiton Suit in the process, its pretty much saying I run this sh*t.

Wait a couple of days...
nod[1].gif

Obviously can't really top tom ford, attolini, and kiton... but the quantities... mind blown... looking at uhauls right now....

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

6 fold “burma bibas” tie. Digging the heftiness of the 6-7 folds even though the brand is unknown. Not available.
P1010604.jpg

The TJ Maxx here is selling one of these for $10.

Last edited:

Jpmorris

Reaction score
Jesus christ, you guys make me want to go out sooooooo bad. Locally it isn't too great, but ill take a trip once I can move some ****...
Not thrifted, but I snagged them for 33 shipped. I have no need whatsoever for patent leather shoes, but whatever, minty fresh CJ for sub 35? Sold! I figure if i sold them I could make something.

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wat. Go back and get all of the Pooles NAO. Even as orphans I'd say they were well worth it at $23 each. Poole is INCREDIBLY rare, especially that recent. Others feel free to chime in if I'm sadly mistaken.

BIG shout outs to troika for hooking me up with a sick wit-it Brioni SC and a Bur shirt! Sorry, no pics. Too lazy...He's a super nice guy. If you get the chance to hang out with him, do it for your own good!

Interesting a days. Picked up a Brioni SC with MOP and working cuffs but unvented!
baldy[1].gif
Sorry, no pics. Too lazy...

Ran into 3 Henry Poole uhhhh, over coats? NOPE! They were size at least 60!!! 2 orphans plus 1 tux. All 3 got all the bells and whistles. The birdseye orphan was only $6. Tux was $45. The blue orphan was $45. It was also a 1/2 off day. Decided to pass...This was the 3rd time I've ran into stuff from the Rows.

I was very disappointed...That is until I peaked into the breast pocket and found this!

I was happy again! Also, I left with this.

Shout outs to JP for convincing me going back to pick up another SC that was tailored from the Row.
Hogg Sons & J B Johnstone with Rop-a-dope shoulders, working cuffs, and it's my size but needs some tailoring.

Last edited:

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks man, much appreciated.
BIG shout outs to troika for hooking me up with a sick wit-it Brioni SC and a Bur shirt! Sorry, no pics. Too lazy...He's a super nice guy. If you get the chance to hang out with him, do it for your own good!

Here's the Brioni. I got a chance to snag some pics.

Corneliani orphan in 43L ish...can anyone help me read the tag? Also I don't have the time to look for the pants sorry, but wearable as a SC - AVAILABLE

Above regular thrift prices, but on par with nor cal thrift prices. First pair I have seen and totally worth it. - UNAVAILABLE
Pics when not cleaned up, will shine and post new pics asap.

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Above regular thrift prices, but on par with nor cal thrift prices. First pair I have seen and totally worth it. - UNAVAILABLE
Pics when not cleaned up, will shine and post new pics asap.

Amazeballs. You win. Everything.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wat. Go back and get all of the Pooles NAO. Even as orphans I'd say they were well worth it at $23 each. Poole is INCREDIBLY rare, especially that recent. Others feel free to chime in if I'm sadly mistaken.

Hi Andro, you think they are worth it even when they are in that super large size? They were like at least a size 60 and super outdated with super super low low button stance.

I did a google on the name and am pretty sure these suits once belonged to the big guy in these photos.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like insects.

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did someone say HERMES?
stirpot.gif
got this today.

Yes, LAMBSKIN!!!!

Awesome condition. - Available. size 38R.
.and scored some ties, Paul smith, Burberry, Jaeger, Dior. not available or really spectacular.
just to wear.

acosbysweater

Reaction score
I think I'm gonna print this page out and frame it. Jesus. Thrift stores, y'all.

Hi Andro, you think they are worth it even when they are in that super large size? They were like at least a size 60 and super outdated with super super low low button stance.

Uhh...they're all from the aughts and if you measure them, they might end up fitting at least one member on this forum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads