• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have to go to a companywide management meeting this week and the dress code is calling for the usual. I will be wearing this bad boy, fer shure!

Thanks Brian!

I have pretty much reached the limit of black shirts that I need in my wardrobe (at least 14 :plain: ) so
I'm officially out of the market for black shirts.
Unless, of course, you find a Kiton or Brioni!

I'd like to thank everyone here who both originally and recently have made such a great gesture by hooking me up with a quality work wardrobe. Thanks to all of you who have kept me in mind.

Last edited:

Feathersmc

Reaction score
Thrifted this grey herringbone suit yesterday for around 15 bucks,
Pretty pleased with it, because I was about to pull the trigger for my next MTM with a similar fabric. Maker unknown, it only says Swiss fabric on the inside.
Trousers legs need to get slimmed, 19.5" leg opening feels awkward... not sure about the jacket, might have it taken in a bit too.

Sorry, couldn't get the spoiler thingy to work

acosbysweater

Reaction score
Oh and I've been passing on things left and right as I'm running out of space. However, I saw something today that might get some interest. I'm in Denver until tomorrow morning so I could proxy until then. It was a Pendleton jacket/heavy shirt. I don't know what to call it but it was designed like an odd jacket, but lighter. I think it had patch pockets and it was a green plaid. Size L and pretty cool. I'm going to look for something similar for myself for fall dog walking. It was $15 though, so I left it. I'm uncertain with age but I couldn't find a moth hole in it. Let me know tonight/tomorrow morning if you want it.

I'm in Denver and pass on numerous Pendleton pieces that aren't just perfect so I would encourage you to do so. If I weren't working today I'd say let's meet up! Forum member MarkThomas is in Denver as well if you want to PM him for a meet up.

Last edited:

Samuel Smith

Reaction score

I'm in Denver and pass on numerous Pendleton pieces that aren't just perfect so I would encourage you to do so.  If I weren't working today I'd say let's meet up!  Forum member MarkThomas is in Denver as well if you want to PM him for a meet up.

Speaking of markthomas -- just landed a sweet pair of AE bel airs in walnut. Thanks :slayer:

Samuel Smith

Reaction score

No pictures tonight because my camera's flash sucks.
However, I picked up a made in Italy Brooks Brothers 1818 MAdison blue pinstripe suit. IT couldn't be much more than a year or so old and in perfect condition. A Samuelsohn navy blazer and a charcoal grey Samuelsohn suit. Both are full canvas construction and more hand work than I've seen on Samuelsohns in the past. Hand attached collars and lots of pic stitching.
Finally, I picked up a pair of J&M Aristocraft full brogues. Made in the USA with very nice calf leather and Goodyear welting. They're 7 Ds and Brian has been PMed.

Deetz plz

Typhoid Jones

Reaction score

Apollotrader

Reaction score

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^ Well done, sir!

Thanks fellas, I was very surprised about it. Not sure why he didn't send a best offer. There were 8 page views when I went to bed, two of which were mine. He was #9.

The best part...my wife was bitching because I brought home another instrument (although she had a blast playing Jingle Bell Rock on it...the only song she knows how to play). Then she said I would never sell that old piece of junk. WELL NOW WHAT!!! lol. Of course, now she wants me to take her for sushi.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks fellas, I was very surprised about it. Not sure why he didn't send a best offer. There were 8 page views when I went to bed, two of which were mine. He was #9.

The best part...my wife was bitching because I brought home another instrument (although she had a blast playing Jingle Bell Rock on it...the only song she knows how to play). Then she said I would never sell that old piece of junk. WELL NOW WHAT!!! lol. Of course, now she wants me to take her for sushi.

That's a weird BIN price... How'd you come up with that?

Typhoid Jones

Reaction score

^^^ Welcome to my world. My wife eats so much sushi and sashimi you'd think she was a dolphin.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

jcubzzz

Reaction score
hit the suit rack and found 8 brooks brothers sports coats all in great condition and all custom tailored to the same donor. Sadly they were way too big for me 46XL but i went ahead and picked up one of them.

Faconnable, Burberrys, Ralph Lauren, Hickey Freeman tie, Brooks Brothers makers tie, Zanella pleated and cuffed size 32.

My team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads