• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jpmorris

Reaction score
First filson. and sulka. today. but who cares about that?! Why you ask, well what is better than a brioni suit? How about 2. And what is better than that? 2 brioni suits and a SC! YEAHHHHHH BOIIII

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Congrats!! Deets on the Filson, though? :D

A lot more younger guys in here than I thought. 24 going on 65 here (have a lot of older "Hippie" friends).

Anyone looking for some baller knit ties? Picked these two NWOT pure cashmere Oxxford ties today. Both available.

Last edited:

darkmatter7

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
^^ Congrats!! Deets on the Filson, though?
biggrin.gif

A lot more younger guys in here than I thought. 24 going on 65 here (have a lot of older "Hippie" friends).
Anyone looking for some baller knit ties? Picked these two NWOT pure cashmere Oxxford ties today. Both available.

Wow, those are one of the more awesome finds I've seen in the thread!

Wish I had a use for them....

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Wow.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

DeadBoy

Reaction score
I passed on a pair of Dacks made in Canada burgundy kangaroo skin oxfords today, size 13 (just a bit too big). Should I go back to pick those up?

I often find Dacks made from less common leathers (antelope, bison to name a couple), although nothing too crazy... yet.

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

First filson. and sulka. today. but who cares about that?! Why you ask, well what is better than a brioni suit? How about 2. And what is better than that? 2 brioni suits and a SC! YEAHHHHHH BOIIII

pics or didn't happen!

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those oxxfords are pretty damn great.

Not a thrift price, but a deep, deep Marshalls sale price:

7742985932_5dd39a8f76.jpg

Mox C

Reaction score
Found a new-to-me store and picked up a pair of 10.5C Nettleton loafers to sell and E. Zegna and Alan Flusser ties for myself. From reading other threads, I don't see any obvious signs of fakery in the Zegna, but I'm not well versed. This tie doesn't have the self-material keeper, but I'm not sure if all of them are supposed to have that.

Nettleton-loafers.jpg

ties-Zegna-Flusser-Stuart.jpg

On the way out, I spotted this wonderful coat...

Crombie-coat.jpg

but then noticed the holes in the sleeve at checkout. How much does reweaving tend to cost? I'm wondering if I should go back for it.

Back in my neck of the woods, I picked up a 1940's B&W herringbone tweed with blue specks (also a small one), only to discover when I returned home that it too has a hole or two. I didn't have any wools or knit ties yet, so I grabbed the Paul Stuart as well.

Stissius

Reaction score
Really cool ties Nataku.
Also really cool guitar, Frenchy.

I had a pretty successful day. For me, at least.

Some Royal Tweed by Cheany Tassel Loafers sz 10.5 D available

Some Brooks Bros. Makers ties. Red one is NWT

No brand label but...

It felt nice and that red dot was awfully familiar. Is there any way to tell if it's a Kiton? I'm leaning towards no, but who knows. Either way it's a pretty nice tie. A couple stains though
confused.gif

A like new Pendleton woolen mills shirt. Got it cheap, figured I'd see how it does on eBay.

Also, this thread is really weird when it comes to music. It seems like whatever band I listen to is mentioned in the thread the next day. I guess you guys just listen to some cool tunes.

Somewhat related is my last, and favorite find.

Yamaha DX7 Synthesizer

This thing is so cool. From the 80's, heavy as all hell, everything is working. Weird thing to find in a thrift, but I'm not complaining. Just need to pick up a decent amp one of these days to replace my crappy one.

Oh, and 20 here
peepwall[1].gif

Last edited:

rayxlui

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads