• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slimmer pickings today, but only hit 2 places.

Surely the "wrong" Gitman tag, but The Hub is a decent joint, so . . .

H-Bar-C western shirt, for when I have a vintage / western-themed week on eBay.

Another Jeff Rose Italian-made shirt. Who is this guy? Decent stuff.

Wandered into the pants aisle - this tag was on a pair of Polo Ralph Lauren pants; picked them up (rolled the dice).

...and these PRL pants...

NWT Jones NY puffy winter vest I hope someone on eBay will want come autumn / winter.

Kopped this Harris Tweed SC made in UK, weighs a ton...

BUT found this tiny hole when I got home. Only damage. Still sellable???

Nordica ski boots. Bought on the hopes they're worth more than the $6 I paid. Mondo 26.0 - 26.5, which is like a men's size 8. Probably should have passed.

Last edited:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Whats up guys.... my hiatus is over, broke the 20k mark this morning with a major announcement, in case you didn't see
bigstar[1].gif

Ive been following the thread closely and there is no more excuses for the summer doldrums, thats for sure. Some of you have just killed it.

I have had a major, multi state haul of epic proportions - I have lots to do and catch up on, but Ill post pics shortly.
Congrats on 20K and that other tiny announcement
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
and I await a PM on anything my size from your crazy multi-state haul (hahah who am I kidding, they dont actually make nice clothing my size)

All from this morning, and my closet was full in the first place
facepalm.gif
. I love and hate this hobby all at the same time .

When I say NWOT, it really is NWOT. When I say maybe NWOT, the seller claimed it was NWOT but I'm not positive about it.

Lot 1:
NWT T&A 16", NWOT Brioni XXLish, Mint(maybe NWOT) Brioni 15.5", Mint T&A 15.5"

Lot 2:
Mint (maybe NWOT) Ricci Linen 16", NWOT Ricci 15.75", NWOT Armani 16.5", NWOT Brioni 16"

Lot 3:
Fendi 16.5", Mercer & Sons medium, mint (maybe NWOT) Brioni 15.5", mint (maybe NWOT) Brioni 15.5"

Lot 4:
Mint Chester Barrie 15.5", Mint Brioni 16", Brioni medium, Mint T&A 16.5"

Lot 5:
T&A 16.5", Mint (maybe NWOT) Dunhill medium, Mint T&A 15.5", Mint Brioni M

Lot 6:
Luciano Barbera 15.75", Armani medium, NWOT Sulka 15.5"

All of the above shirts are either new without tags, or have never been worn. Since I spent I **** ton of money in the last two days, the shirts above I'm definitely looking to get market prices for.

If anyone is interested in buying shirts, the ones below will be more reasonably priced, but I still need to make money on them. Essentially all the shirts below have some minor-moderate collar staining or some other stain somewhere, and I don't have a desire to clean all of them. I honestly think that a lot of them will turn out spotless after just a wash, but its possible some will need the oxy method. They're all pretty recent and awesome patterns, so they're worth it. If you're interested in any, send me a pm with the ones you like.

Lot 7:
Mercer & Sons medium, Brioni 15.5", Borrelli 16.5", Brioni 15.5"

Lot 8:
Brioni 15.5", Brioni 15.5", Ricci 15.75", T&A 15" (This is NWOT but has a couple yellow stains on the front)

Lot 9:
Brioni 15.5", Luciano Barbera 18ish"? (44), Brioni 15.5"

Lot 10:
Ricci 15.75", Brioni 15.5"

Sport shirts and flannels below. Most are mint condition.

Lot 11:
Brioni medium, Brioni medium, Brioni wool medium (collar staining w/ small hole on sleeve)

Lot 12:
Brioni medium (collar staining), Brioni cotton & cashmere medium, Brioni medium

Lot 13:
Brioni 15.75" (most amazing cashmere-like cotton), Brioni medium, Brioni medium

Lot 14:
Brioni XL, Brioni linen short-sleeve medium, some random shirt I accidentally grabbed in my armfull of clothing (size medium)

Lot 15:
Brioni wool, Brioni cotton, D&G something, Saks cashmere ... *******, I don't know the sizes. This post is taking forever

Forgot about these, Ferragamos probably not available, others maybe

Also, I should have mentioned in my shirt post that I would like to end up keeping a good amount of them for myself. They're technically all available, but the ones with the patterns I like most I'll need more $ to part with. I'll get back to people on pm's later.

KILLING IT!!!! but what size are the shoes....
cheers.gif

Last edited:

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know Nataku found an odd textured Ricci similar to this awhile back and it had a specific name or something...You should ask him for info about it.

DSC03534.jpg

This Ricci had some funky texture.
DSC03535.jpg

Don't know if Fendis bring in much but figured wtf.

Figured this guy needed to stand out on its own. This thing is outrageous. Don't know what was going on here.
DSC03537.jpg

DSC03538.jpg

DSC03539.jpg

Xenos

Reaction score
I've seen a textured Brioni tie similar to that one. Really quite horrid. But, I bet there's a market for that kind of thing on eBay.

Guitar Preacher

Reaction score

I leave town for 3 days and this is what happens!!! WTF Lol. I gotta get a better guard dog!

I'm hoping to have some pics of the stuff I picked up since Thursday, but it will have to be after I pack and ship 14 packages.

Lol, I think I should have phrased my post a little better. When I said "Capnwes territory" I mean't the cufflink game. All my finds were in Michigan.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

but it will have to be after I pack and ship 14 packages.

FML I just got home from a vacay and I have 86 packages to do tonight. FUN FUNFUN

Congrats on 20K and that other tiny announcement
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
and I await a PM on anything my size from your crazy multi-state haul (hahah who am I kidding, they dont actually make nice clothing my size)

Soon, but yer right, nothing your size. Sorry dude!

ocooney

Reaction score

Nice going!  Huntsman only shows it's head in this thread once in a blue moon (~10k posts).  Can you post a picture of the labels?

Sure thing:

All 3 pieces labeled consistently. No idea of age. Let me know if you'd like any further details.

O

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Is there any danger in rounding down your shipping weights? :hide:

For instance if my package weighed 13.8 oz, would USPS mind if we just called it an even 13?

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is there any danger in rounding down your shipping weights? :hide:
For instance if my package weighed 13.8 oz, would USPS mind if we just called it an even 13?

In Germany, 13.05oz wouldn't pass. But MMV in the US, obviously, so I'm not sure how much this information helps you. I guess it's just interesting to know. Ok, .05oz is not literally, but if a package weighs 3.025kg instead of 3kg, they won't be ok with it most of the time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads