• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Well, this is a new one, ebay:

Retracted: US $21.00
Explanation: Entered wrong amount

What the hell does "entered wrong amount" mean?

It is intended to be a safety net in case you enter $1000 as a bid instead of your intended $100. However, most use it to get out of a legit bid that they placed. Buyer's remorse before they actually buy the item.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Too bad there's no confirmation page after typing in the amount before placing the bid. Something like that would probably solve these issues. If only ebay had thought of that...

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

This just happened to me an hour ago.... with auctions ending in 12 minutes :fu:

Jpmorris

Reaction score
Jesus guys, just tons and tons of great stuff. Isaia overcoat... all those shirts! Spoo's forthcoming post
lurker[1].gif

Mercuryman76

Reaction score
Some crazy hauls going up there, fellers! Most of these will head to the bay as I've got some home renovation projects coming up that needs funding. Scored these ties all from the same spot today.
L-R: Versace, Zegna, Stefano Ricci x 3, Fendi x 2, Brioni x3.
DSC03531.jpg

DSC03536.jpg

DSC03534.jpg

This Ricci had some funky texture.
DSC03535.jpg

Don't know if Fendis bring in much but figured wtf.
DSC03532.jpg

DSC03533.jpg

Figured this guy needed to stand out on its own. This thing is outrageous. Don't know what was going on here.
DSC03537.jpg

DSC03538.jpg

DSC03539.jpg

Then I found a recent Zegna 15 mil 15 suit on my last stop :slayer:
DSC03541.jpg

DSC03543.jpg

DSC03544.jpg

goneAWOL

Reaction score
Forgot about these, Ferragamos probably not available, others maybe

Also, I should have mentioned in my shirt post that I would like to end up keeping a good amount of them for myself. They're technically all available, but the ones with the patterns I like most I'll need more $ to part with. I'll get back to people on pm's later.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've had bidders do that trying to figure out what the reserve price is (back when I did reserve price auctions - kinda pointless nowadays IMO).

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Wouldn't matter unfortunately. If they couldn't retract their bid, they would just end up not paying anyways since there is no penalty. We're at their mercy :(

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Venturing into Capnwes territory I found all of these at an independent thrift were everything is $1. If anyone sees anything they want let me know (or if you want details/closer pics). My intentions when I spotted them were to just include a set with sold or traded items. The mallard set is pretty handsome.
DSC_1370.jpg
I don't get ebay at all.

Louis Vuitton tie, 13 bids, $66. Lot of two Brioni ties, one bid at $25.

What?

Because the Ebay crowd don't know better. This is making me temped to Ebay the Gucci tie I was saving for myself and keep the Brioni's.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I posted in the trade thread, but might as well throw them up here too. Stolen from Wes's backyard :hide:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Venturing into Capnwes territory I found all of these at an independent thrift were everything is $1. If anyone sees anything they want let me know (or if you want details/closer pics). My intentions when I spotted them were to just include a set with sold or traded items. The mallard set is pretty handsome.

I am wondering now about Wes's territory. Do only dead people possess cufflinks? Is this an anti-trend? Damn I have too many cufflinks!!!!!!! I bought my best most awesome pair of cufflinks from an antique dealer in Punxatawney, PA. This is more than a trend.

I posted in the trade thread, but might as well throw them up here too. Stolen from Wes's backyard
peepwall[1].gif
I leave town for 3 days and this is what happens!!! WTF Lol. I gotta get a better guard dog!

I'm hoping to have some pics of the stuff I picked up since Thursday, but it will have to be after I pack and ship 14 packages.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads