• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hell yes! Vintage video games nerds are so in! There are tons of vintage video games enthusiasts and revivalists on the inter-web who are gaining world wide attention starting with this guy.

One of my ex-girlfriends used to watch this guys stuff, he's funny as ****!

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is kinda last minute...but does anyone have any L-XL-17x34-35 slim-fitting button ups for trade or something? Apologies if you guys think this post doesn't belong here but I know you guys have tons of nice ****. Needs: white and plaid stuff...just PM me if you do and we can work something out.

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:

I haven't heard from this guy in two days. I guess it's too much to hope that he'll decide to drop his complaints and give me a large helping of positive feedback.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Had a few finds. Still new though, so let me know if anything is licensed crap or diffusion line or just plain junk.

Florsheim Imperials 9 1/2 C

AE captoes, need some laces 11D

French Shriners, really soft leather 12M

Bruno Magli made in Italy 12 I think it says M

Side note: Where to buy cheap shoe trees? I feel like I'm doing these shoes a disservice by letting them go without some.

HF Sportcoat ( I guess, couldn't find any pants)
Single Vent, LP super 120's 46R

HF Suit single vent 44R pants are 36 waist

Brioni for Neiman Marcus 16 1/2 neck 42 chest

Then I found this Burberry London Tie with tags. It says 100% silk but it feels really bulky and coarse (not to mention ugly imo). Would a fake have tags on it or is it just how these ties are made?

Nice haul. Those AE captoes should clean up nice with some polish. PM on width of ugly tie you should send to me if under 3.5" to dispose of
lol8[1].gif

Jos. A Bank is a decent place to get shoe trees. Their trees are the nice ones with the full heel. Wait till they have their buy 2 get 1 free deal or something.
+1 Cheapest I can find and decent quality!!

This is kinda last minute...but does anyone have any L-XL-17x34-35 slim-fitting button ups for trade or something? Apologies if you guys think this post doesn't belong here but I know you guys have tons of nice ****. Needs: white and plaid stuff...just PM me if you do and we can work something out.
And your bragging out what....
uhoh.gif

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
PMed

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And your bragging out what....
uhoh.gif

Point taken but I think I've contributed to this thread a lot and done deals with quite a few people here since I've signed up. I'm not here to dick-size, tho so if you think it's better suited elsewhere then I'll delete it. Fair enough.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I haven't heard from this guy in two days. I guess it's too much to hope that he'll decide to drop his complaints and give me a large helping of positive feedback.
If you sent your email address via abay message, go back and check it....ebay may have deleted the address before he could respond. If so, try spelling it out as a workaround like this, "johndoe at yahoo dot com"

Last edited:

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I shouldn't have been reading this thread before hitting the shower this morning...

"Broken Arrow"
"Steve and Barry's Bogus Journey"
"Mind the Gap"
"Goodbye Mr. Chaps"
"Missoni Impossible"
"Stuart Mcguire / SHELL ME THE MONEY!"
"Ketch Me If You Can"
"And Then There Were Nunn Bush"
"The Bostonian Strangler"
"Tommy Hilfiger Boi"

and one for the other way...

"I'm Gonna Git You Sulka!"

Whew...

LooknGr8

Reaction score

Checking in from Brazil, this thread moves at a rapid pace!  There is no thrifting to be had down here, just good food, weather, and chill people!

Whoa, I did not realize you were the ACTUAL KG and are jetsetting now the playoffs are over.

Come back to Boston!

hahahahaha

So my local SA is having a heck of a run this week, they "Are getting bins of clothes in because they need to pay the rent" a clerk said when I asked "WTF is going on?"

I'm leaving some of the prime stuff that isn't quite right and doesn't quite fit me but I ducked in for the third day in a row and waiting for me there was a summerweight Zegna SC for Barneys, pick stitching all around, light gray dense stripe pattern with tan buttons (SC! Not Orphaned!) and pick stitching all around. The week's haul includes this stuff that fits me and straight into closet (well dry cleaners and in case of isaia suit, to tailor to get 2" off the pant legs).

--Zegna DB odd jacket from LP 120's wool (I have matching BB pants from same LP fabric...the REAL "combination suit")
--that isaia DB cashmere-wool Louie suit from yesterday
--another zegna single breasted sportcoat

Freakin A. I usually have to leave town for this kind of run. I ascribe my luck to devoting all lunch hour Monday helping a mom (clearly not one bringing in a lot of income) scour the suit racks for her son's graduation suit:

(she: I like this coat, what do you think?
me: From your description of his size, this will work, now let's work on finding the pants because this is an orphaned suit coat!)

Karma!

Last edited:

hyakku

Reaction score
LOL "Mind the Gap"

After visiting London I can appreciate that so much more.

My title? Law inspired:

"Docker's Review"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads