• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nevermind the bad pics, no digital camera right now other than on cell phone.

Any idea on this brand Bernard Zins? Why does the price tag say $495?

Pants are fully lined, and made of cashmere / wool blend.

Kopped two pairs though, NWT SZ 40, but cost me $35 per pair. Hope I did not make a horrible mistake.

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Another consignment home run for the Spoo and balearic1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Somebody said fake and Spoo helped in authenticating. I had not worn it yet and  asked him to consign for me and this was the result:

'twas close to being "lost". I love that tie. Its enjoying its new owners neck right now in Tokyo, IIRC.

^^^ LOL!  That's awesome.  Spoo seems to be everywhere.  My wife was talking about some orange Chloe pants she won on eBay.  When she showed me, it turned out they were from Spoo.  
patch%5B1%5D.gif

No ****! She got a deal on those. Please remind her of the free shipping for SF member going forward.

Notice your pic and teh Spoon's pic. See a difference? Ya boy knows how to move product.

:slayer:

:uhoh:

It's the pics. It's gotta be the pics.

That, and 10+ years, 9000 transactions, and an email list of about the same :bigstar:

shuddup and sell us some more cheap ties. :lol:
you're new/updated threads are falling behind a bit. :slapfight:

Saturday morning. Shhhhh

Authenticity on this Zegna?
ZegnaTag.jpg

ZegnaBlueTag.jpg

blue zegna is legit

edit - not so sure. That tag looks off.

Last edited:

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's the Filson shooz, size 11D (available). I put a coat of Obenauf's LP on there to even up some of the scuffs

scuffs on the right side, but otherwise good condition

A couple ties... Another Madras for my collection. Anyone heard of "Pen West, a division of Pendleton"? I've seen a lot of Pendleton, but not this one.

And a first for me... Hermes! Found a spot on it when I got it home.. Do you guys usually get them dry cleaned or try to spot clean yourself?

Also picked up these 3 standard (2 pleats) Zanellas... 2 are marked 36 and one marked 34, but all measure out the same to about 36.5" waist. 2 are 32" inseam and the other is 33", all with a 1.5" pleat. Available and cheap if someone wants all 3.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had some finds today:

- Norse Projects medium green flat front trousers. Model is called "Aros Light Chinos". Can not believe I found these in a thrift. They are from the Spring/Summer 2012 season. Size 34 x 33 (Available)
- Recent Samuelsohn Gray chalk stripe suit. Tagged a 41-35 but the jacket fits like a 44 R. 2 Button. Single vent. Available
- Oakley Square Wire 2.0 Sunglasses Available
- Crazy recent Robert Graham for the bay-
- Green wool Mountain Hardware 1/2 zip pullover (keeper)
- Melanzana (cool outdoorsy/athletic wear company based in Leadville, Colo.) S/S green/blue t-shirt (keeper)

- Oh, and these puppies. Really want to hang onto these but could be convinced to let them go....

Suit:

Measurements:

Chest: 23"

Shoulders: 20"

Sleeves: 25" with 1 1/4" to let out (no faux buttonholes for easy alterations)

Length: 32" TOC

Waist: 17" with 2 3/4" to let out

Inseam: 30" with 1" to let out

Cuffs: 1 1/2"

Last edited:

Samuel Smith

Reaction score
Phew .. had to get out of work early today as I'm back in the office all night. Much to my surprise I had a nice quick visit to the store nearby.

So you say you're a 42R? And you have been needing the moast awesome Orvis Summer jacket? Soft Shoulders / Linen / Cotton? Center Vent.
This thing was so close to fitting me but I just couldnt quite make it work. Available to someone on the cheap just so it can get some wear.

22.5 Chest
25 Sleeve
19 Shoulder
31.25 Bot Collar to Hem
50% Linen
50% Cotton

Also picked up a pair of NWOT Bonobos - These things are great and remind me of the Kiton pants I passed up at Marshalls. Should make for great golf pants (side note: stop putting cuffs on flat fronts >,<) Jury on these?

Sick marlin shirt I can wear whilst deep sea fishing the Gulf Stream this weekend :D

Beautiful Allen Edmonds Lexington 10.5E - Available

Florsheim Longwings (only picked up because my dad demanded I find him a pair of 10.5 wings in black before this weekend. job done
bigstar[1].gif
)

Both of the kicks gotz new heels too

-i'm out-

Last edited:

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard of "Pen West, a division of Pendleton"? I've seen a lot of Pendleton, but not this one.

I picked up a jacket for my brother a few months ago that had this label. It's pretty nice, actually. That's about all I know of it, tho.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
- Oh, and these puppies. Really want to hang onto these but could be convinced to let them go....

Those are sexy!

I've got ones just like that in walnut, size 10 that are in my regular rotation

Last edited:

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also picked up a pair of NWOT Bonobos - These things are great and remind me of the Kiton pants I passed up at Marshalls. Should make for great golf pants (side note: stop putting cuffs on flat fronts >,<) Jury on these?

I love my Bonobos. The cut is the best thing about them. They fit really well and are very flattering. I'll take those off your hands if they're available
biggrin.gif

Samuel Smith

Reaction score
I love my Bonobos. The cut is the best thing about them. They fit really well and are very flattering. I'll take those off your hands if they're available
biggrin.gif

sry - hanging on to these :) they fit perfectly and fill a hole in the color spectrum :D. I'll keep my eye out around these parts for more

hmmurdock

Reaction score
I'd brag about my finds but I'm a few beers in tonight and frankly all the stuff is still sitting in my car. Long story short...grensons, flat front Zanellas, Incotex, Etro & broini shirts and Oxford and ez sport coats. Beer and SF is a dangerous thing. Pray for me to keep out of he B&S.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CALLING ALL WEEKEND WARRIORS!!

Are you an accountant that needs an escape? Are you a doctor that feels unappreciated and needs an outlet to feel like a badass?

Have you been unsatisfied with your motorcycle gear? Are you tired of wearing the same generic Harley pants?

Maybe you just want your pants to match your kicks.

Are you a size 33x30ish?

This is your chance to UPGRADE TO UNICORNS

Available for proxy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads