The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GHo

GHo Senior member

NVMIND

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  2. Patrologia

Patrologia Senior member

I just moved out of Riverwest, which I still think is the coolest neighborhood in town :slayer:

Now I live in a pretty bland, post-war neighborhood (I'm trying to embrace mid century modern, but it is really just mid-century post war). Saves us almost 2 hours a day of kids commuting to school - we can actually hear their school bell from out yard now. Not as cool, but worth it. Besides, I can still go back to Riverwest and the East side to hang out.

3. eazye

eazye Senior member

Yea, I lived in Riverwest for about 12 years, I had my fair share of fun, also saw my fair share of murders, but that's city living at its rawest, that's for sure. :D

4. tonylamer

tonylamer Senior member

Did anyone get in on DM's T&A deal? I don't want to clutter up the thread, so PM me if you did. I tried to buy, but no dice. I'm just wondering what happened.

5. GHo

GHo Senior member

Nice work on the Marinella eazy. I've bought 5+ of these from Spoo and others and they are definitely my favorite tie!

6. concealed

concealed Senior member

I tried to get in on it too, but it didn't work out. He put a couple aside for me, but the colors and patterns just didn't work out. He ended up sending them off to consignors, so you should see them showing up soon on 2010 greek, mainy's, and hmurdock's ebay pages in the next few weeks...

7. eazye

eazye Senior member

I knew they were good stuff from this thread but I had never seen one before so I just quickly grabbed it. Got it home and really gave it a once over and it's niiiiice.

8. ilikethelights

ilikethelights Senior member

I always do, enjoy visiting greatly. Gonna be splitting my day between Riverwest and Bay View.

I'm from about an hour away originally.

9. Nell

Nell Senior member

Damn, impressive amount of quality goods coming. Mine are clearly outmatched, unless you have a thing for trad attire and mediocre ties...

Classic union made BB blazer, 40R. Three roll two, single vent and just about fit me...didn't realize the glaring moth hole in the shoulder (and another one on a sleeve) until I got it home :embar: Anyone know a decent reweaver in upstate NY?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Another BB classic in 40R, but definitely a slimmer fit than today's 40R from them. Quarter lined brown tweed single vent. Love this lapel roll. Bit big, so available.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

100% cashmere tie by Les Copains. Research says it looks to be manufactured by Zegna. It's just a knit, not a grenadine, right?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Authenticity on this Zegna?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Typhoid Jones

Typhoid Jones Senior member

First sunny day in Boston in a week. I finally had the chance to photograph a couple of things that I'd sent to the cleaners / alterations tailor for some minor repairwork. Not Available.

[​IMG]

^^^ Vintage Brooks Brothers GOLDEN FLEECE solid navy blue 2 piece sack suit 40 R.

[​IMG]

^^^ Vintage 1950s / 1960s Brooks Brothers 346 solid navy blue two piece sack suit with subtle micro-herringbone pattern 42 L.

If Perry the mannequin gets bored standing next to my writing desk, he could probably get a new job in a bank writing mortgages.

11. eazye

eazye Senior member

That looks really good, I wish I could find a mannequin like that.

12. concealed

concealed Senior member

13. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It doesn't get any more real than this. Patterned directly after America's World War II originals, Bills Khakis' flagship model is characterized by a long rise, full seat, voluminous drill-cloth pockets, heavy brass zipper and rugged construction. Model #1 tends to be worn a little higher on the waist and provides tremendous comfort and mobility.

In my experience, Bill's Khakis tend to fit TTS -- or if you prefer, maybe even a touch snug, if you're used to vanity sizing. :laugh: My 32s measured 16", I think. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I was a bit surprised, believing the M1 model to be both pleated and fuddy-duddy-ish, but apparently, they make an M1 (flat front) and an M1P (pleated). The difference between the M1 and its "slimmer" cousin is one inch off the leg, rise, and seat. As you can see in the pic, they're not flashy at all, just really solid pants. Extremely thick, yet pliant, fabric, and more than the usual number of belt loops, for those who want to go hog wild and nerd out on that sort of thing. (Which, let's be honest -- you totally do).

I've got these in sizes 37, 38, and 42 now. Still holding out for my size!

(Biggie ups for TheWGP though, who sent me a pair back in the day).

14. GHo

GHo Senior member

love dat coat. :inlove:

15. GHo

GHo Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.