• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I must agree with you, black watch is :inlove: .

With patterned trousers such a rare sight as it is, it would be pretty ballsy to wear black watch trousers. If I find a pair sometime, I will definitely buy them and try to pull it off.

Found a pair a little while back I've been meaning to take to the tailors. You just given me some inspiration!

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Is Givenchy worth picking up? I've passed a few times. I assumed it was licensed crap like Dior Homme or YSL. Yeah, yeah, I know: Read the thread/LMGTFY. I know I can do my own research; just hoping for a quick fix.

DIOR HOMME ISN'T LICENSED CRAP!!!! :cry:

Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to give a shout to Androfan and Concealed and Mexicutioner for all the smooth transactions lately. I've almost got enough bread to purchase a pair of wingtip boots for my wedding reception next month. Thanks guys. More shoes to be posted soon! :spam:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Thriller! Found this kid-sized Michael Jackson T-shirt yesterday. The real deal from 1984. Sized 6/8.Available.
LL

PM sent!

mexicutioner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Besides links in signatures, is there an easy way to keep an active list of what one has available for trade/sale? A lot of things that I have wouldn't really go over well in B+S or eBay, but someone might have an interest (i.e. ties, unbranded pocket squares, hats, scarves). I save pictures to my default album, but do you guys have an album on your profile that advertises what you have to trade/proxy/sell?
If this isn't being done, would anyone have an interest in order to quickly check out items for trade?

unfortunately, no. several of us tried to create a google spreadsheet a few months ago, but it kind of died after a month or two. there's also the unofficial (and rarely-used) trading thread, available here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/287214/the-un-official-thrift-buy-sell-trade-want-thread

as a person who favors efficiency, i really wish there was a better solution than signatures, but :(

Broder

Reaction score
Just understood the purpose of the "Multi"-button, I'm sorry.

Last edited:

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to give a shout to Androfan and Concealed and Mexicutioner for all the smooth transactions lately. I've almost got enough bread to purchase a pair of wingtip boots for my wedding reception next month. Thanks guys. More shoes to be posted soon!
spam[1].gif

thanks for finding cool **** in my size and offering fair prices.

Broder

Reaction score
pick up a pair of military surplus ones on ebay... if you're lucky you might find a pair with a fishtail back... of course styling in tartan means a kilt...

I'll keep my eyes open, I'm just finding watches (which are black) and hats for the moment. Thinking of it, a kilt would have been nice for those days when you're at home and not doing anything productive.

Found a pair a little while back I've been meaning to take to the tailors. You just given me some inspiration!

Be sure to update with pictures when you've got them altered, I want to see some black watch in action!

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Size on these? Assuming they're not, but are they available?

No, sorry. These I'm keeping.

I literally just picked up the same exact a very similar coat, in nearly the same size. I think I am listing it on Thursday, if you want to keep an eye...
DSC_0274-1.jpg

Sweet. :slayer: I'll definitely keep an eye on it.

:lol:

Also, would your wife be interested in tweed/classic sportcoats/blazers? I find a lot of really cool patterned coats in 0-2, but don't pick them up as I'm currently a bachelor.

Great finds 330ck!

:D

The first thing I have found in a thrift, except some shirts and trousers, that fit me relatively well from the beginning. Made in Sweden and appears to be pretty high quality, great pattern matching (except just above the pocket).

:slayer::slayer::slayer:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you ever find any Dior Homme in a 40R, I'll take it no questions asked. I love that licensed crap.

DIOR HOMME ISN'T LICENSED CRAP!!!! :cry:

Yes, yes, yes. Clearly meant Dior Monseur. (Or whatever the " bad" Dior is). Will someone please answer the ACTUAL question?

Thanks.

madmacs

Reaction score

I'll keep my eyes open, I'm just finding watches (which are black) and hats for the moment. Thinking of it, a kilt would have been nice for those days when you're at home and not doing anything productive.

Be sure to update with pictures when you've got them altered, I want to see some black watch in action!

try looking for either "black watch trews" or "tartan trews" on ebay.co.uk

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
tumblr_m3z190Ff0t1qa2j8co1_500.jpg

Vintage Polo made in the USA suit, fits perfectly. A few nameless pocket squares. Ties by (L to R) Paul Stuart (made in England), Facconable, Brooks Makers, Andrew Milano and on top with green stripes, Kiton. The Kiton's available, not my style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads